Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 12-05-2017, 01:10 PM   #855
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Thank you!!! It will need FBO to run a Zl1. Plus tires. FBO meaning, full bolts ons, plus fuel and tires. Oh yea, and the tune. It will need all of that and prob more. Every since this new '18 has come out, Ford fanboys are hard at trolling again. It's expected.
WTF does this even matter? Do the same mods to a ZL1, then what do they say? I don't get it. You can build a Civic to kick ass on a GT/SS. So? The GT350 is a great car. The GT ain't no GT350 in my book.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Old 12-05-2017, 01:15 PM   #856
zx9rmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
This thread has gone full retard.
This is the most honest reply so far.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Old 12-05-2017, 01:21 PM   #857
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Agreed. There is no way I can show my face now in my new Zl1. I'll be too embarrassed to get wrecked by a GT. And these videos 'claiming' a 10 second 1/4 by just doing a tune and e85 are fking comical at best. It's amazing these shops can get away with posting this stuff. Therefore, stirring up the masses. NO WAY IN HELL..............I repeat. NO WAY IN HELL will a tune and E85 and tires, make the GT at 10 second car. Stop with the madness. Jeezus, you fkn Mustang people are amusing as hell to play with.
got a link to the claims of 10's with just a e85 tune and tires?
Old 12-05-2017, 01:23 PM   #858
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Agreed. There is no way I can show my face now in my new Zl1. I'll be too embarrassed to get wrecked by a GT. And these videos 'claiming' a 10 second 1/4 by just doing a tune and e85 are fking comical at best. It's amazing these shops can get away with posting this stuff. Therefore, stirring up the masses. NO WAY IN HELL..............I repeat. NO WAY IN HELL will a tune and E85 and tires, make the GT at 10 second car. Stop with the madness. Jeezus, you fkn Mustang people are amusing as hell to play with.
No, E85, Tune and Tires won't be in the 10's.

However, it's entirely fair to say that in good conditions (DA in the 0-500 foot range) with a full exhaust set up (LT's, high flow or catless mid's, etc), intake, E85, tune and tires..you could see some 10.8X/10.9X @ 124-125 MPH passes.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:25 PM   #859
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
got a link to the claims of 10's with just a e85 tune and tires?
A trip over to Mustang land and you will find a plenty claims.

Over the past 2 days I've seen it and read it all.

Tune, fuel, and tires and it's gonna smoke a Zl1.
Tune, fuel, and tires and it's gonna smoke a Z06.
Tune, fuel, and tires and it's gonna smoke a SS.

Just go to Lunds video. The comments clearly state..............tune, fuel, and tires and it's a 10 second car. And there are at least 100 comments on the Mustang forums claiming this GT is the holy grail of all cars. Just do a tune, E85, and tires and you'll be able to steam train an UGR Lambo. smh. It's pathetic.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:29 PM   #860
zx9rmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czs550 View Post
Enjoy your your next 5-6 months of glory because when the gt500 comes out, it will be crickets from the camaro guys all over again
Whoa, now that's serious. Reminds me of 60 years ago......."Just wait 'til I tell my father!"
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Old 12-05-2017, 01:29 PM   #861
germanicus

Drives: Pony Car
Quote:
Which shop claimed a 10 second quarter by a tune and e85?
It wasn't Lund. The video speaks for itself.

11.31 quarter on Wheels/Tires, pulled air filter, and an e85 tune.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:47 PM   #862
germanicus

Drives: Pony Car
Notice how this conversation has shifted to discussing what random anonymous people supposedly claimed on facebook posts or other forums.

If the videos out there had the best stock 18 GT's running mid 12.5-12.6 (like so many here were predicting - and hoping for?), it would likely be "I TOLD YOU SO/LOOK HOW SLOW AND PATHETIC THE GT IS".

But that's not what has happened.

So now people are arguing strawmen, discussing their bank accounts, or mocking the GT for being slower over the past few years.

Ultimately this is all incredibly juvenile.
If you enjoy your car, that's what matters.
If you want to spend an extra 35 grand so your car can go a second faster on a private quarter mile strip of road, awesome.
If you prefer to associate yourself with one brand over another, fantastic! Either company is happy to take your hard earned money. Their shareholders will thank you for it.

I actually like all 3 brand pony cars. The s550 Mustang has become a global hit as the worlds best selling sports car and Camaro has raised the bar for pony car performance while besting sport cars well out of its price range (replacing what the corvette used to be for low to middle income Americans).

None of this makes a hill of beans in the long run.

On your deathbed you wont look back and think, "I wish I had argued more about Pony/Sports cars on the internet!".
Old 12-05-2017, 01:52 PM   #863
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanicus View Post
Which shop claimed a 10 second quarter by a tune and e85?
It wasn't Lund. The video speaks for itself.

11.31 quarter on Wheels/Tires, pulled air filter, and an e85 tune.
If they add a converter and it matches to the tranny well I can see very close to tens. With some weight out for sure probably. It takes some tweaking after a converter is put in but these guys are some of the best. But personally I don’t want a converter in my car at this point. I like how it drives. And I’m sure a lot of people would like to run good without them

I think that’s what he said. I watched most of the video. He mentioned tens with a converter and possibly some weight pulled. I can see that in good air

I’d like to see them get into the tens bolt on with a stock converter full weight and pump E85 (no race fuel BS) like the SS has been doing. A realistic ten second bolt on car anyone could easily build. I think it will no doubt.

I like the end of your last post. So true. No need to get so worked up which I can be guilty of sometimes. And this will benefit the Camaro anyway. Just like the Camaro pushed the mustang to get better. Everyone wins
Old 12-05-2017, 02:14 PM   #864
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
A trip over to Mustang land and you will find a plenty claims.

Over the past 2 days I've seen it and read it all.

Tune, fuel, and tires and it's gonna smoke a Zl1.
Tune, fuel, and tires and it's gonna smoke a Z06.
Tune, fuel, and tires and it's gonna smoke a SS.

Just go to Lunds video. The comments clearly state..............tune, fuel, and tires and it's a 10 second car. And there are at least 100 comments on the Mustang forums claiming this GT is the holy grail of all cars. Just do a tune, E85, and tires and you'll be able to steam train an UGR Lambo. smh. It's pathetic.
Nothing new. After beating my 16' Mustang friend stock for stock he went over to Facebook land to get ideas on how to beat me. Everyone was so convinced a lund tune and intake is all he needs to 'smoke' me. He did exactly so and still lost Now he's humbled a bit more after his dad got a GLE63 AMG and destroyed his mustang.

As for the newer Mustang. We shall see. I would like to see numbers from average Joe's because in the real world it'll be more dependent on the driver than the car itself. One side would have an edge but it appears even that is a gray area right now.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:26 PM   #865
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanicus View Post
Notice how this conversation has shifted to discussing what random anonymous people supposedly claimed on facebook posts or other forums.

If the videos out there had the best stock 18 GT's running mid 12.5-12.6 (like so many here were predicting - and hoping for?), it would likely be "I TOLD YOU SO/LOOK HOW SLOW AND PATHETIC THE GT IS".

But that's not what has happened.

So now people are arguing strawmen, discussing their bank accounts, or mocking the GT for being slower over the past few years.

Ultimately this is all incredibly juvenile.
If you enjoy your car, that's what matters.
If you want to spend an extra 35 grand so your car can go a second faster on a private quarter mile strip of road, awesome.
If you prefer to associate yourself with one brand over another, fantastic! Either company is happy to take your hard earned money. Their shareholders will thank you for it.

I actually like all 3 brand pony cars. The s550 Mustang has become a global hit as the worlds best selling sports car and Camaro has raised the bar for pony car performance while besting sport cars well out of its price range (replacing what the corvette used to be for low to middle income Americans).

None of this makes a hill of beans in the long run.

On your deathbed you wont look back and think, "I wish I had argued more about Pony/Sports cars on the internet!".

^ very true, but discrediting the fan boys and their claims that the GT, when tuned with fuel and tires will smoke Z06's and Zl1's has to be shut down. I can get with a tuned and fuel GT running a Camaro SS yes. But Zl1's and Z06's? Stop it already. I just proved above that a stock GT, even tho it was a '17 is NOWHERE close. NOWHERE in the same zip code as running down a Z06. So, how in the hell is a 30 hp bump in the '18 supposed to run me down? smh.

They did the same shit when the last gen Mustang was out. It had the..........Golden Ratio. Therefore, was the ONLY perfectly built car on the market.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:27 PM   #866
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
Nothing new. After beating my 16' Mustang friend stock for stock he went over to Facebook land to get ideas on how to beat me. Everyone was so convinced a lund tune and intake is all he needs to 'smoke' me. He did exactly so and still lost Now he's humbled a bit more after his dad got a GLE63 AMG and destroyed his mustang.

As for the newer Mustang. We shall see. I would like to see numbers from average Joe's because in the real world it'll be more dependent on the driver than the car itself. One side would have an edge but it appears even that is a gray area right now.
Well said. Buddy of mine has a Roush Stage 3 with about $3k in suspension mods and he won't even line me up in my Zl1. But, it's cus he knows better. haha.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:37 PM   #867
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
^ very true, but discrediting the fan boys and their claims that the GT, when tuned with fuel and tires will smoke Z06's and Zl1's has to be shut down. I can get with a tuned and fuel GT running a Camaro SS yes. But Zl1's and Z06's? Stop it already. I just proved above that a stock GT, even tho it was a '17 is NOWHERE close. NOWHERE in the same zip code as running down a Z06. So, how in the hell is a 30 hp bump in the '18 supposed to run me down? smh.

They did the same shit when the last gen Mustang was out. It had the..........Golden Ratio. Therefore, was the ONLY perfectly built car on the market.
Please do tell where anyone in here posted that a tune/tire MY18 will "smoke" a ZL1 or Z06?

I will say, Lunds tune/tire combo smokes BlaqWholes ZL1, but for entirely different reasons.

In the grand scheme of things, so far it looks like a MY18 tune/tire at the very least keeps up with stock ZL1s (using this forums fast list as a guide). This isn't speculation, this is strictly going by the numbers.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:45 PM   #868
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Why have the mods let this thread get so stupid?

Come on guys...competition is good.

So the new GT is improved, I would hope it would be after a few years behind. It seems like they will be neck on neck on average in a straight line (M6 to M6 I do think the SS will have a slight advantage though).

Closed Thread