Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-17-2018, 07:08 PM   #1
70chevelleSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1970 chevelle SS
Question about adding a subwoofer

So, I’m not too disappointed with the sound system in my 1SS, especially since it is just the base system. I’m looking to add a little more bass to the system, nothing major- just maybe like one 10inch woofer. I’m looking at something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosg...W6W?th=1&psc=1

This all in one package has great reviews and I just want a little more punch on the low end so this should fit the bill. However, my question is that since our signal from the head unit is digital, where exactly will I get my signal from? I’m no expert on car audio so please, educate me. I have read a few threads and they go over my head quickly, I just need to know what wires to tap. Power is not an issue.

Thanks
70chevelleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 07:43 PM   #2
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
Subscribing. I too, am underwhelmed by the base system. The base system in my 04 Impala has better sound. Looking for a cost effective way to add some depth and volume. Old days you would put a nice amp in the trunk and call it a day. No clue what to do with this.
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:42 PM   #3
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I put about $1200 into mine for 2 10" Diamond Shallow Series and power amp. It sounds much better obviously.

There are threads on this in the Audio subforum and you can search out my install thread with pictures.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:46 PM   #4
drperry

Drives: Chevy Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70chevelleSS View Post
So, I’m not too disappointed with the sound system in my 1SS, especially since it is just the base system. I’m looking to add a little more bass to the system, nothing major- just maybe like one 10inch woofer. I’m looking at something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosg...W6W?th=1&psc=1

This all in one package has great reviews and I just want a little more punch on the low end so this should fit the bill. However, my question is that since our signal from the head unit is digital, where exactly will I get my signal from? I’m no expert on car audio so please, educate me. I have read a few threads and they go over my head quickly, I just need to know what wires to tap. Power is not an issue.

Thanks
You can use your rear speakers as an input, since it has a high level option... Less quality than low level inputs, but might be well enough for you... Otherwise do the whole shebang, and be happier, lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote