Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-27-2018, 04:03 PM   #15
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
This sucks... in for the video...
Old 03-27-2018, 04:43 PM   #16
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
Looking forward to the video
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:23 PM   #17
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyRacerBoy View Post
At NJ Motorsports Thunderbolt course on the 17th and on 4th lap going thru turn 11A the car locked up and put me into a major tail spin. 98 mph to be exact as whole thing is on PDR which i need to edit and post. So motor is ready to be dropped out the bottom and should have lots of pics of the carnage!
Not sure if bearing on the big end of the rod was the issue or something else. Car is stock minus Flex TSP headers and Rotofab. I was running straight pump when it happened. Cosworth Data log shows "vehicles heath" OK for hi and low oil PSI.
New long block on the way but need oil pan baffle etc...Anyone gotta good line on parts?
Sorry to hear that! Where did you get the long block from?

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:10 PM   #18
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron95 View Post
Holly crap - that is NOT a good place to lock-up and spin with the bridge concrete right there. I'm glad you didn't hit anything - guessing you went under the bridge spinning.

Not something I was looking forward to hearing as I get ready for Lime Rock, WGI, then NJMP in the next 6 weeks.

How many miles (total) and track miles?
Yeah glad before bridge.
4400 miles. Approx 6 track days.

I wasnt able to get up to work on car so no pics. I gotta edit PDR video as session goes on for hour or so cause tow truck rolled it away as it was recording. They sent me to mandatory physical review at their on site med center. All fine but... protocol
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:32 PM   #19
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Hmmm, no bueno. Guess I'll baby my car :-(

The LS series of engines were bullet proof. My buddies and I used them in classic car swaps with big cams, headers, twin turbos, superchargers, etc. Even used a 140k mile junkyard LS2 with two big Garrett turbos in a rat 65 impala an that thing was driven daily and raced at the strip with zero issues. Buddy drives it and put another 40k miles on it.

Not feeling too good about these LT engines. Maybe fuel dilution from the direct injection?
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:17 AM   #20
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Hmmm, no bueno. Guess I'll baby my car :-(

The LS series of engines were bullet proof. My buddies and I used them in classic car swaps with big cams, headers, twin turbos, superchargers, etc. Even used a 140k mile junkyard LS2 with two big Garrett turbos in a rat 65 impala an that thing was driven daily and raced at the strip with zero issues. Buddy drives it and put another 40k miles on it.

Not feeling too good about these LT engines. Maybe fuel dilution from the direct injection?
...or flex fuel tune. Car was not stock and it's not like this happens all the time.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:24 AM   #21
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
True, was just being dramatic. Lol however, there have been a couple blown engines on the track recently.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:09 AM   #22
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
At NJ Motorsports Thunderbolt course on the 17th and on 4th lap going thru turn 11A the car locked up and put me into a major tail spin. 98 mph to be exact as whole thing is on PDR which i need to edit and post. So motor is ready to be dropped out the bottom and should have lots of pics of the carnage!
Not sure if bearing on the big end of the rod was the issue or something else. Car is stock minus Flex TSP headers and Rotofab. I was running straight pump when it happened. Cosworth Data log shows "vehicles heath" OK for hi and low oil PSI.
New long block on the way but need oil pan baffle etc...Anyone gotta good line on parts?
Improved Racing made a very nice oil pan baffle for the LS engines, not sure if they have one for the LT1/4 yet, or if they are working on a unit.

Might be worth a shot and see.
http://www.improvedracing.com/oil-pa...ffle-p-30.html
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:56 PM   #23
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
That sucks to hear. :(
Old 03-28-2018, 04:10 PM   #24
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
As much as I would love to mod the car, this is why I will be leaving the drivetrain bone stock until I'm past 3yr/36k. Knowing I can grenade the engine in a few weeks at Road Atlanta and have it covered under warranty is invaluable!
Old 03-28-2018, 07:43 PM   #25
baron95
2018 1LE, NASA Instructor

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
They sent me to mandatory physical review at their on site med center. All fine but... protocol
Did you hit anything?
baron95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:47 PM   #26
baron95
2018 1LE, NASA Instructor

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
As much as I would love to mod the car, this is why I will be leaving the drivetrain bone stock until I'm past 3yr/36k. Knowing I can grenade the engine in a few weeks at Road Atlanta and have it covered under warranty is invaluable!
Me too. I'm changing brake fluid and pads and that is that.

I hope this does not get traced back to the AFM lifters.

AFM is the biggest abomination GM has ever invented. On my car (SS 1LE) my understanding is that AFM is not even active, but I still have the crappy complicated lifters with the freaking pins and oil, etc, which I don't even understand how they work.

AFM lifters + AFM exhaust valve = #1 reliability issues for LT1s.
baron95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:40 AM   #27
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
Took forever to upload this video to YouTube because as you can see the videos over an hour and a half. Carnage happens approximately 8 minutes. I was only what third or fourth lap and didn't even have the tires up to Temp yet and all hell broke loose.

Last edited by NickyRacerBoy; 03-29-2018 at 06:51 AM.
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:53 AM   #28
DeeZ NuttS

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
What oil were you running?
DeeZ NuttS is offline   Reply With Quote