Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-10-2018, 01:05 PM   #29
7speed

Drives: 21 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Printman View Post
Do 2 clicks to enter PTM this then enables the e-diff and should eliminate wheel hop. By trial and error I found to enter PTM you have to be stopped and I also put e-brake on, not sure if that matters but I do it.

Depends on what mode your in, Sport mode on console is 2 clicks is competitive mode (and I think 1 click in track). I found competitive mod is the best mode for drag strip.

PTM I think is for track work but not made for drag strip, playing with those I remember getting bog on launches. You don't need to have ebrake up just make sure to hit ok on steering when scrolling thru to select sport 1, sport 2, race, etc.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:09 PM   #30
baron95
2018 1LE, NASA Instructor

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Printman View Post
Do 2 clicks to enter PTM
Any particular mode on PTM that you suggest?
baron95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 01:25 PM   #31
12SilverBulletSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7speed View Post
Depends on what mode your in, Sport mode on console is 2 clicks is competitive mode (and I think 1 click in track). I found competitive mod is the best mode for drag strip.

PTM I think is for track work but not made for drag strip, playing with those I remember getting bog on launches. You don't need to have ebrake up just make sure to hit ok on steering when scrolling thru to select sport 1, sport 2, race, etc.
Yes, bogs is putting it mildly. It almost goes back to idle type of power regardless of throttle position.

I have also been able to switch modes on the fly on the track. It is quite a noticeable difference.

When I am playing on the street I put it in "sport 2" since it slides around a little better. The one time I had on Yas Marina, I spent the evening in "sport 1" and really enjoyed it. The car is simply amazing and easy to control there.

If it were me and I wanted to waste tires, I would put it in "race" mode which is about as close as you are going to get to zero intervention from the computer.
12SilverBulletSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:08 PM   #32
Printman

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron95 View Post
Any particular mode on PTM that you suggest?
For me, in competition mode I find better success in sport mode 2 but that is just me. I do not use launch control but rather put e brake on and slowly rev up engine and around 2k smoothly let out clutch while still slowly mashing pedal to the floor. That is what works for me and no wheel hop, no bog, just a little spin and once you feel it hook floor it. I guess it is like a good golf swing slow and smooth. Quick and abrupt could cause wheel hop or possibly bog from all the nannies cutting torque to save your axles and driveshaft.
Printman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:17 PM   #33
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Watching the Nascar race from Phoenix it appears the Cup ZL1 does as well
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:21 PM   #34
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Dunno what you guys are doing, but I get no wheel hop, and can do a nice burnout without any issues...in sport mode, competition mode on as well.

You guys must not be using the right modes, or are leaving the nannies on in some way. PTM should not be used for drag style launches either.

Last edited by SS 1LE; 03-13-2018 at 06:40 PM.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:22 PM   #35
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Agree no PTM except for road course...
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:14 AM   #36
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2017 1LE
yeah I'm that guy that drags my 1LE but who cares.. its was a better buy for me and I wanted an manual.. but when I'm drag racing I just keep it on sport and hold my TC down till everything is turned off.. leave the line around 2800 rpm. I haven't been back to the track yet because it still close in my area. but end of last season I was doing pretty well and getting use to the clutch release.. you cant hard dump but if youre too slow on the release it will pull timing to prevent clutch burn up.
Twoblindsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:23 AM   #37
TinkerbellZL11LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Make sure tires are warmed up on a cooler day as I have experienced . Makes a big difference.
TinkerbellZL11LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 02:50 PM   #38
Subcool

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Just bought bmr lockout rear cradle bushings to eliminate the small amount of wheel hop I was getting
Subcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:30 PM   #39
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoblindsheep View Post
yeah I'm that guy that drags my 1LE but who cares.. its was a better buy for me and I wanted an manual.. but when I'm drag racing I just keep it on sport and hold my TC down till everything is turned off.. leave the line around 2800 rpm. I haven't been back to the track yet because it still close in my area. but end of last season I was doing pretty well and getting use to the clutch release.. you cant hard dump but if youre too slow on the release it will pull timing to prevent clutch burn up.
No issues with heating the tires up with a clutch dump?

No wheel hop?

So sport mode, hold button until TC and SC is off. But you aren’t putting it in competition mode right?
Old 03-14-2018, 05:32 PM   #40
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subcool View Post
Just bought bmr lockout rear cradle bushings to eliminate the small amount of wheel hop I was getting
Did it totally work? How was the install?
Old 03-14-2018, 06:56 PM   #41
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subcool View Post
That kit lools easy to install and I bet it will get the job done for what we are doing.
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:55 AM   #42
Subcool

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
The kit just shipped yesterday. I will update when I get it installed!
Subcool is offline   Reply With Quote