Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Florida

AWE Tuning

Old 04-23-2020, 03:49 AM   #1
Haoie

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary SS
What service department is willing to help me perform TSB for A8 shudder

I’ve called two service departments recommended to me down near Boca area asking if they can perform the TSB back in Jan. no call back, then I tried contacting my nearby Chevy service department which I took in telling them about the shudder issue I’ve been having before I knew about the TSB, when I inquired for a fix and gave TSB number I never got a response back. I’ve gone pretty long I’m pretty positive the torque converter is already fried and need it fixed asap. How should I approach them about the TSB because it seems like nobody wants to do warranty work.

I’m in the west palm area but at this point I’m debating about a drive all around Florida
Haoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:59 PM   #2
Indy_62

Drives: 2017 2SS / 2003 S10 Crew Cab
It would be better to just make an appointment to address the condition and let them decide the repair. Most dealers are very aware of the shudder issue with the A8 transmission and what to do to fix it. They most likely will want to at least drive the vehicle to verify if your version of shudder matches the conditions of the TSB. Your 2017 should still be under the powertrain warranty but make sure.

Indy_62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:49 AM   #3
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haoie View Post
I’ve called two service departments recommended to me down near Boca area asking if they can perform the TSB back in Jan. no call back, then I tried contacting my nearby Chevy service department which I took in telling them about the shudder issue I’ve been having before I knew about the TSB, when I inquired for a fix and gave TSB number I never got a response back. I’ve gone pretty long I’m pretty positive the torque converter is already fried and need it fixed asap. How should I approach them about the TSB because it seems like nobody wants to do warranty work.

I’m in the west palm area but at this point I’m debating about a drive all around Florida
Starling Chevrolet in Orlando FL did mine zero issues they were aware of the issue. Had mine done in Jan zero issues since.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:52 AM   #4
Bohanan23

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
Just schedule appointment and take it in. They will know all about the shudder issue
Bohanan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 02:48 PM   #5
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
I had mine done at Ferman on north dale mabry in Tampa. No questions asked

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:10 PM   #6
Haoie

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_62 View Post
It would be better to just make an appointment to address the condition and let them decide the repair. Most dealers are very aware of the shudder issue with the A8 transmission and what to do to fix it. They most likely will want to at least drive the vehicle to verify if your version of shudder matches the conditions of the TSB. Your 2017 should still be under the powertrain warranty but make sure.
I have a year left when I login the Chevy website. I thought this TSB was suppose to be free?
Haoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 12:11 PM   #7
Indy_62

Drives: 2017 2SS / 2003 S10 Crew Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haoie View Post
I have a year left when I login the Chevy website. I thought this TSB was suppose to be free?

Technical Service Bulletins are not free unless the issue is covered by warranty. If your 3 year / 36 month bumper to bumper is expired this would still be covered under the Powertrain warranty.

Indy_62 is offline   Reply With Quote