Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-02-2021, 07:42 PM   #1
ConleyR1

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
F1X build questions

I am in the middle of doing a full build on my motor and going with a F1X Pro-Charger. Previously I had pretty much maxed out the stock blower with port, upper and lower pullies, BTR stage 3 cam, Fore Innovations fuel system, E85, meth injection, 2 kits of nitrous, Unlocked TCM, Haltech ECU piggyback, mag ride suspension controller and some other supporting mods. I hydro locked the motor because my intercooler brick gave out and shot antifreeze into the motor. I bent rods 1 and 8, but the rest of the motor looks pretty good.

For the new set up, I am still debating on what crank, rods and pistons to go with. Does anyone in here have any experience with aftermarket or preference? I was thinking Oliver rods and Diamond pistons possibly. I have not looked at crank options yet, but with the Pro-Charger, I was thinking about something stronger. Also got CID ported heads this go around. The goal is to be around 1200 to 1300 to the wheels.

The other question is, has anyone in here went with an F1X Pro-Charger on their LT4 ZL1 yet? If so, I would appreciate some feedback like what you had to do to make the blower fit. I ordered the LT4 conversion kit and am wondering how fitment will be. Also going air to water with an ice tank in the trunk.

TIA for any feedback guys.
ConleyR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:19 PM   #2
RabbitZL1

The stock crank is fine unless you want more displacement. If that’s what you are looking for then a callies magnum ccw crank is the way to go. As for pistons and rods, I have Oliver speedways and wiseco in my motor. So far made 1140 no problems. There are so many choices for rods it’s actually pretty annoying trying to decide. That’s why I chose Oliver. They have 1 for NA and 1 for everything else lol.
RabbitZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 10:11 PM   #3
ConleyR1

Thank you RabbitZL1. I was just looking at the callies crank. I may just stick with the stock crank, I just want to build it once and not worry about it for a while. lol
ConleyR1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f1x, zl1