Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-06-2020, 07:48 PM   #981
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankshaft View Post
Sorry if my Nattys/Keystone are not oak barrel aged and goats milk yeast brewed but god knows the liver does not care as much as the wallet does.

At this point be glad im not drinking that $7 GSD hand sanitizer.

Nattys, keystone, Rolling Rock, Hamms and Bush keeps us Po' folks feeling good at the expense of kool points
Yeah, but you have to drink 30 packs instead of a 4 pack.

It's a wash...
Old 11-06-2020, 08:23 PM   #982
Crankshaft

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Yeah, but you have to drink 30 packs instead of a 4 pack.

It's a wash...
But the 30 pack costs less than the 4 pack not to mention snobs see that gleaming 30 pack and stay away from you thus contributing to social distancing. I used to swear by Duvel decades ago, now ill take m'Nattys!

Besides if drunk quick was the point then a good moonshine, everclear or abscinthe would be much more effective.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:35 PM   #983
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
But the 30 pack costs less than the 4 pack not to mention snobs see that gleaming 30 pack and stay away from you thus contributing to social distancing. I used to swear by Duvel decades ago, now ill take m'Nattys!

Besides if drunk quick was the point then a good moonshine, everclear or abscinthe would be much more effective.
Some of us have to worry about fat so it's quality over quantity and sipping with a pinkie finger over slamming and crushing the can.

I'll just take water in a heartbeat and stand close to those drinking nattys.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:55 PM   #984
Crankshaft

Quote:
Some of us have to worry about fat so it's quality over quantity and sipping with a pinkie finger over slamming and crushing the can.

I'll just take water in a heartbeat and stand close to those drinking nattys.
Its alright man, all joking aside i am a firm believer in poisoning your liver any way you choose as long as you enjoy the process; as i mentioned Duvel is one of my go to for quality, Murphy's/Guinness draft for body and if i do need a relaxation i prefer a Rum over pretty much anything. That being said i do have a 32oz mug reserved for the "lawn mower" variety such as the Nats/Key(never actually had RR or Hamms) and whenever i feel nostalgic enough to grab me some Coors Banquets. I didnt drink for about 10 years purely out of choice but after becoming a father 5 months ago during this circus i started gravitating towards it.

I deliver to stores and every time i see the Anheuser guy i start screaming "Is that the Nattys?" like Sean Penn from from Mystic River.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:02 PM   #985
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Its alright man, all joking aside i am a firm believer in poisoning your liver any way you choose as long as you enjoy the process; as i mentioned Duvel is one of my go to for quality, Murphy's/Guinness draft for body and if i do need a relaxation i prefer a Rum over pretty much anything. That being said i do have a 32oz mug reserved for the "lawn mower" variety such as the Nats/Key(never actually had RR or Hamms) and whenever i feel nostalgic enough to grab me some Coors Banquets. I didnt drink for about 10 years purely out of choice but after becoming a father 5 months ago during this circus i started gravitating towards it.

I deliver to stores and every time i see the Anheuser guy i start screaming "Is that the Nattys?" like Sean Penn from from Mystic River.

I'm not a rum drinker either but do like the bourbons. Have a buddy from Puerto Rico who I'm going to give the opportunity to show me the good rum. Lots of ways to kill the liver.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:18 PM   #986
Crankshaft

Quote:

I'm not a rum drinker either but do like the bourbons. Have a buddy from Puerto Rico who I'm going to give the opportunity to show me the good rum. Lots of ways to kill the liver.
Its a universal mixer, i have tried it with sparkling water before and it was surprisingly good; i tried the original Puerto Rico Pina colada recipe last year because i was hosting the wifes shower and my god did i have rum left over, luckily you can mix rum with guinness to make guinness punch too which is damn good.

We have a big bottle of Crown that was a gift as well as a half evaporated bottle of 1800 tequila that i might have to regift.
Old 11-14-2020, 05:58 PM   #987
mlee
CamaroFans.com

This awesome King of Terrors at 17% ABV had a big release last night.

Had to go grab some before it was gone.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 335
Size:  16.0 KB

Name:  KOT 2.JPG
Views: 357
Size:  55.6 KB
Old 11-18-2020, 04:07 PM   #988
Crankshaft

MLee, i was just about to post you my stein with 32 oz of Rollin Rock in it just to tease you but i dont feel like going thru the hassle of uploading

By the way i was up in your neck of the woods and saw the HEB in Conroe sells the ever elusive Hamms beer at a dirt low $4.75 so expect me up there soon.

I was given a "Not your fathers root beer" amd must i say that stuff is tasty.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:21 PM   #989
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
MLee, i was just about to post you my stein with 32 oz of Rollin Rock in it just to tease you but i dont feel like going thru the hassle of uploading

By the way i was up in your neck of the woods and saw the HEB in Conroe sells the ever elusive Hamms beer at a dirt low $4.75 so expect me up there soon.

I was given a "Not your fathers root beer" amd must i say that stuff is tasty.
Ha Ha you're killing me here.

I didn't think they even made Hamms anymore. HEB does have a good selection though.
Old 11-19-2020, 06:22 AM   #990
Crankshaft

We just got back from Austin where i had me some Guinness at BD Reily which is supposed to be a top 10 pub in the country. Sadly their 6th St location closed down in August for good but as i found out they had a second location so we went there.

The actor who plays Dean in Supernatural has a brewery up there too, Family Business Brewery which is aimed at being family friendly. Reviews say good beer but bad place if you plan on getting hammered due to all the kids around.

I still keep visiting Austing hoping i will run into Willie and having some real fun.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:26 AM   #991
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Ahhh I can't believe I've never seen this thread before.

On the bourbon front, I was able to snag one of the limited releases of the Makers Mark SE4 x PR5 the other week, and just cracked that open last night. Very very good. I'm not a big fan of regular makers, but I really like their Makers 45 and this is a few steps up from that.

For the beer front, I just picked up this Stone 12 Days of IPAs box. So in a couple of weeks I'm going to be doing a little advent calendar of Stone IPAs leading up to Christmas. Have a friend that was able to grab a box of it too, so we are going to coordinate and enjoy them as if we were hanging out and splitting different beers.
Attached Images

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 04:03 PM   #992
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2021, 08:02 PM   #993
USMC85
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Glenmorangie 10yr old
Old 04-27-2021, 08:12 PM   #994