Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 04-01-2017, 02:57 AM   #1
sfzobie

Drives: -
First 100 mile impressions

Just picked up my 1LE and have to say I am pretty impressed. Got exactly what I was looking for, 1LE + PDR and only the hash decal being added. Several other models for sale had many other accessories added which I didn't want. Ended up getting it about 9% under msrp, which I felt was fair but I was bummed that my 71 c10 didn't qualify for the chevy loyalty discount as it was only for 99+ GM cars.

Since I was taking it easy and driving mainly on the highway, I was pleased to see 22mpg around 75mph. I do like the short shift, and even though I'm 6'4 255, I feel reasonably comfortable in the cabin. Even with a helmet I have adequate headroom, although my seat is fully back and slightly reclined.

As I mentioned my first post, the seats are pretty tight on my lats, and I just wish there was some manual adjustment that could loosen the bolsters to make the seat a little wider, but it's not uncomfortable. It will be interesting to see if the seats break in a little and the bolsters loosen a tad. My dimensions are odd so I just chalk that up to me being outside the box.

I will be daily driving this car so it's going to be an interesting test to see how everything holds up after 15K+ miles a year. The apple car play is an interesting add on, but siri still sucks. I had to yell the address at her several times before I got fed up and entered it manually.

I am planning on doing is getting a clear bra, built in radar detector, windows tinted and probably the knee pads and if funds allow, I will try to get another rim set with all season tires and leave the stock ones for the track. I live in Northern California and have a few track days booked in the next few months at Sonoma and Thunderhill and with my past experience with track/street cars, I will probably go through tires and brakes fairly quickly which could get a little pricey.

I haven't owned a fun car in a while (sold a 997c2s when my wife got pregnant) but now that the baby is about 2, she will fit nicely in the backseat which is why I was in the market for a 2+2. While I won't have to drive with her frequently, it's nice to know I have that option for worst case scenarios. I took her for a drive and she loved the sounds.

Either way looking forward to putting on some miles with the 1LE with the semi-frequent track days!
sfzobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:00 AM   #2
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
You are going to love it man. I had a 2008 C6 Z51 a couple of years ago and like most Vette owners only drove it when it was nice out and not all the time. When I bought the 1LE I told the wife I was driving it when I wanted to with no regards to mileage and or weather conditions. We bought it as a 3rd vehicle knowing that it would allow us to get the miles off of her 2016 Audi SQ5. In the almost 2 months and 2200 miles I have owned the car I have drove my truck maybe 3 times so far.

I grab the keys for the 1LE almost every time hands down, it is hard to not grab them.

Clear bra is on the agenda for mine in a couple of weeks, then I will have the GM dark tail lights on order along with the illuminated door sills and a GM indoor car cover. I already put the padded micro suede knee bolsters in along with the micro suede dash pad.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:10 AM   #3
sfzobie

I'm looking forward to it, where did you find the knee pads and dash kit?
Old 04-01-2017, 11:39 AM   #4
silkrckt

Drives: 2017 Garnet Red 1LE
I think this is a popular place

http://www.thatgmpartsguy.com/zl1-ed...it?parent=1025
silkrckt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:20 PM   #5
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
I got mine local because I get wholesale pricing, but the link that was provided is actually cheaper than my wholesale price.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:51 PM   #6
sfzobie

Thanks for the link