#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-12-2017, 07:48 PM   #29
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
It doesn't really matter who drives what, 6th Gen is simply a better car and it's backed by data. The 7th gen Camaro will be better than our 6th Gen Camaros it's just the reality, let's face it. Chevy really works on these cars to improve them on every generation and even between the model years. Look how the C6 Corvettes improved between 2005 to 2008, and then 2010. They address many issues or improve the overall quality and performance. Same cannot be said for other cars like my old Subaru STIs. After 14 years they still come with the same engine
Data don't win races , drivers do .

I do agree chevy is going the right way , they proved it to me with the Zl1 1le . Numbers aside I was disappointed with the gen 6 1le but I think the best is yet to come.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:38 PM   #30
pbsinternet1le

Drives: 2017 1le current /2015 2ss 1le sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5_1Le View Post
I think we got away from the topic I do believe the gen5 1le fits in all the OP influences perfectly. With plenty of cash to spare . And I'll keep it to that.
Quote:

I do agree chevy is going the right way , they proved it to me with the Zl1 1le . Numbers aside I was disappointed with the gen 6 1le but I think the best is yet to come.
Disappointed how?
Old 03-12-2017, 08:59 PM   #31
CrashSS
PWRTR1P

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Interior does it for me. Can't deal with the 5th gens.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:00 PM   #32
Tucsonas

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE Black on Black
I would also like to know why the 6th gen 1LE disappointed you. You would be literally the first I have heard, we'll if you don't count the ones who boutique a general 5 1le..... haha (had to add a quick jab)
Tucsonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:08 PM   #33
camarofan12345

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
My dad and I have twins of sorts. He has a 14 1LE red hot and I'm picking up my red hot 17 1LE tomorrow. So I can't really comment on the driving aspects of the 17 as I haven't driven it yet, but just by sitting in the interior and seeing the car in person I'm in the love with 17. Don't get me wrong, my dad's 14 is a super car as well. It's fast, sounds great, and looks super aggressive. I find the 6gen so much more modern, sort of like what the C7 did for the Corvette.
After sitting and checking out my 17 1LE, my dad is now tempted to order a 17, lol!
camarofan12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:45 PM   #34
allsteelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarofan12345 View Post
My dad and I have twins of sorts. He has a 14 1LE red hot and I'm picking up my red hot 17 1LE tomorrow. So I can't really comment on the driving aspects of the 17 as I haven't driven it yet, but just by sitting in the interior and seeing the car in person I'm in the love with 17. Don't get me wrong, my dad's 14 is a super car as well. It's fast, sounds great, and looks super aggressive. I find the 6gen so much more modern, sort of like what the C7 did for the Corvette.
After sitting and checking out my 17 1LE, my dad is now tempted to order a 17, lol!

Enjoy that new 1LE. Just picked mine up yesterday and now it's in the garage waiting out a big North East snow storm. Wasn't going to get the red but once I saw it in person I changed my mind instantly.
Attached Images

allsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:49 PM   #35
camarofan12345

^^^congrats man, she's a beauty! We've got twins, lol! I factory ordered mine, but I HAD to have the red hot!
Yeah, were also expecting a snowstorm up here tomorrow night into Tuesday.....not cool!
camarofan12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:07 PM   #36
allsteelers

I got lucky with mine. She was right off the truck when I was at the dealer. I took her home with only 14 miles on her. 6 of those were mine from test driving her the day before. Car has every option I wanted so it was almost as good as ordering one.

Good luck and post pics when you get her.
allsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:15 AM   #37
LSPowa

Drives: '18 Camaro ZL1
Quote:

What made you disappointed? I've been daily driving and tracking my 14 1LE for 3+ years, and I've tracked a ZL1 as well. The 17 1LE is leagues above both in the exterior and the interior. I test drove a 1ss a month or so after they started hitting the lots and I instantly wanted one, hands down. I really don't see why you would go to great lengths to buy a car and then mod it out with over 10-12k in aftermarket parts just to beat a car that's rolling off the lots in stock trim (given that you were going to spend the same amount of money with both cars). I'm really wanting to know why you were so disappointed with the 6th gen 1LE when the Camaro team made changes that do nothing but improve the car's performance and make it more daily driver friendly.
LSPowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:34 AM   #38
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
I agree with most on here. The 17 1LE is probably the way to go. Only exception is if modding and making the car unique is more important than outright speed. If that is the case buying a used 1LE would leave you plenty of money to personalize.

You mention taking the car to the track. What kind of track. If road course, 17 1lE is the way to go. If drag strip, you can make the 5th gen plenty fast.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:41 PM   #39
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSPowa View Post
What made you disappointed? I've been daily driving and tracking my 14 1LE for 3+ years, and I've tracked a ZL1 as well. The 17 1LE is leagues above both in the exterior and the interior. I test drove a 1ss a month or so after they started hitting the lots and I instantly wanted one, hands down. I really don't see why you would go to great lengths to buy a car and then mod it out with over 10-12k in aftermarket parts just to beat a car that's rolling off the lots in stock trim (given that you were going to spend the same amount of money with both cars). I'm really wanting to know why you were so disappointed with the 6th gen 1LE when the Camaro team made changes that do nothing but improve the car's performance and make it more daily driver friendly.
Since you asked... I was disappointed with the 6th gen when it made its debut at Belle Isle . For months I was wrapped around the teaser shots they released every couple of weeks . All I heard for months was the only parts that carried over was the emblems and the SS version had track times that matched the 5th gen 1le . Then when I finally got to see the car It was a huge let down . It looked like a downsized gen 5 with a updated front and rear , which I don't care for myself . Then Chevy totally redesigns the car and adds its most talked about drawback which is lack of visibility. Not a smart move to sell more cars which wouldn't hurt right now .

With the arrival of the new 1le i was looking for more of the Z28 feel to be passed on to the 1le , mostly being DSSV and less crap that is not needed . More pure I guess you can say .Performance is there and it was a good job they done with the 6gen 1le but the package don't come close to what the 1le did for the gen 5 . I don't want the 1le to ever be more daily driver friendly.

The gen 6 camaro is not selling because of the mistakes Chevy made with it , and believe me am not the only one that feels that way . Sales prove it .

I have to give best bang for the buck to the gen 5 , staying on topic.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:10 PM   #40
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
so much hatin' :/
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:24 PM   #41
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
With the arrival of the new 1le i was looking for more of the Z28 feel to be passed on to the 1le , mostly being DSSV and less crap that is not needed . More pure I guess you can say .Performance is there and it was a good job they done with the 6gen 1le but the package don't come close to what the 1le did for the gen 5 . I don't want the 1le to ever be more daily driver friendly.
I won't get into a debate...I think I know where this is headed...but I would like to clarify...That even though the gen 6 SS 1LE is limited to 1SS trim, manual transmission only, and even though it is seconds faster than a gen 5 1LE...you think it's no good because it's too comfortable?

For whatever it's worth...If the on-track difference is greater between the Gen 5 SS and the Gen 5 1LE than it is in this generation...it's because the standard SS up until 2012 was absolutely, undoubtedly, comprehensively HATEFUL on the track...not the other way around...Gen 5 1LE was some mono-tube dampers, new gears, and some sticky tires. Perfectly executed, for sure...but this new one...well:
Old 03-13-2017, 08:10 PM   #42
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I won't get into a debate...I think I know where this is headed...but I would like to clarify...That even though the gen 6 SS 1LE is limited to 1SS trim, manual transmission only, and even though it is seconds faster than a gen 5 1LE...you think it's no good because it's too comfortable?

For whatever it's worth...If the on-track difference is greater between the Gen 5 SS and the Gen 5 1LE than it is in this generation...it's because the standard SS up until 2012 was absolutely, undoubtedly, comprehensively HATEFUL on the track...not the other way around...Gen 5 1LE was some mono-tube dampers, new gears, and some sticky tires. Perfectly executed, for sure...but this new one...well:
I never said the gen 6 1le was no good , I did say I was disappointed with it . And yes I would sacrifice comfort for performance. I love the ride in my gen 5 it has a way of translating the road right into the hands that builds confidence.
Maybe I just see the 1le package in a different way then some people and feel a DSSV set up would have been a better choice. There must be a reason it's used on the new Zl1 1le .

In 20 years when people look back at the Gen 5 1le and Gen 6 1le which do you think will get the higher praise?