Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #15
Fnfalguy
Supreme Advisor

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Get your resume together, join LinkedIn if you haven't already and then visit your local job services office and ask about WIA grants (Workforce Investment Act ?). These are government grants that pay for job training and if your county is out of funds simply go to another county in your state. I used WIA to pay for my to getting my Six Sigma Black Belt certification which helped me to land a new job after having been without work for nearly 3 months. If you'd like someone to take a look at your resume I'd be happy to give you some pointers based on my job search journey Winter of 2011.
Fnfalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #16
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
Going there starting in September. The Navy of all F&*CKing people has let me go via a force reduction. Wouldnt you know it, I had just bought two brand new cars when I was told and I get out 8 days short of a 15 year active duty retirement.

15 year of 12+ hour days in some of the worst countries in the world, hell atleast I got two brand new cars out of the deal.......lol.

Things always get better, keep your head up and keep on truckin. At the end of the day you have your family and a new job right around the corner.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #17
camoman

Drives: 2010 1SS IBM L99
I know the feeling, I got laid off august 2008, and couldn't find a job for nine months. Then by the grace of god my job called me back to work, and 5 months later I went to my dealler and ordered my 1ss like I was going to do 2 weeks after the day I got laid off. I hope you get back to work soon and get your ride, good luck !
camoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:53 AM   #18
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
Good Luck to you. Just when things seem to be at there worst and there isn't an apparent answer to any of your problems things some how will work out. Life is always throwing a curve ball at you and if you keep positive and don't give up you will end up fine. Just NEVER give up and try to be positive. I know how you feel, I have been where you are more times than I care to remember and wish I could take away your pain.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #19
speedmon

Drives: C6 Z06
Yeah that sucks.....F*ck them! Just remember....its not you, its the way corp america is managed these days......short, short term. And they're always looking for ways to improve margins by cutting costs (labor).....cuz growth is generally low right now.

You have to be constantly looking for a new gig.....especially when your employed, because that is when you have leverage. And you have to keeping improving or deepening your skills within your industry.

Seek and ye shall find......(never let me down yet)...never stop seeking.

....short term job, better job, Mo money, bigger house, ZL1, Z06. ZR1...did I forget anything?
speedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:49 AM   #20
DayBreaker

Drives: 2004 impala SS
I'm really sorry to hear that man. It's a tough spot to be in.. Stay positive.
DayBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote