Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-22-2020, 08:10 AM   #15
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Just curious no dog in this fight, but what was your 60ft and trap speed?
In the warm conditions I got a 1.63 short which was a 10.92@125 run. The reason I was using laynlo15's own car for the comparison is because he got good results, and his reported setup was only a little above base at that time. Mine had only the v-max ptb for an airflow 'upgrade'. Obviously if I had spent the saved money on a Circle D, then I would've expected to get a better launch and better ET. But my point was that the centri actually does better with the stock converter than some people will admit. Not claiming the 2 methods have identical short times on the stock converter, just pointing out that the centri is not as slow in the short time with the stock converter as he was implying.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 10:30 AM   #16
sschons74

Drives: 16 Camaro 1SS & 82 Silverado C10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
Theres no butchering on the kit i have
Thank you, I will look into it. My Dad has a 5th gen with Procharger, he let me drive it, it's fast for me. Just doing research now, I'll need to save up for this. Was interested in Edelbrock 2650 as well.

I really like Edelbrock parts, got one of the last throttle body fuel injection kits, V2 with timing control distributor for my 82 Silverado, just before they discontinued them, but it works great.

Last edited by sschons74; 11-27-2020 at 04:05 PM.
sschons74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:18 PM   #17
ZO6Ted
Old badass

Drives: 14GMC 2.9 16GMC Turbos 2020Silv.6.2
I don't presently own a Camaro but I've thought for a while that a 2wd vehicle could benefit from the slower hit of a Centri and maybe some additional top end on the street even though I'm not especially a fan. Is that still the case or no?
ZO6Ted is offline   Reply With Quote