Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-05-2020, 06:33 PM   #1
C7 Carbon

Drives: Camaro
New ZL1 1LE Style Rear Spoiler with V3 style uprights adapted to the wing!

Hey guys, due to popular demand, we are going to offer a slightly modified replica of the OEM ZL1 Wing.

This OEM wing stlye will have the factory main blade with a modified underside to accept our custom uprights that allow you to bolt to the spoiler from the bottom of the trunk for increased strength and security for high speed driving! Our V3 uprights also help spread the down force load over a larger area!

Carbon Fiber Link:
https://www.c7carbon.com/gen6-camaro...on-fiber-p-671

Gloss Black link:
https://www.c7carbon.com/gen6-camaro...ss-black-p-682

- This spoiler will be offered in carbon fiber and gloss black.
- All of our painted products are clear coated and polished with a high grade automotive clear coat to protect our products against UV damage.

- We are anticipating having our production mold ready by the end of August and are taking 50dll deposits at this time to lock in your spoiler!

C7 Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 04:47 AM   #2
cheeze9878

Drives: 17 camaro ss
Is this an american made product or still the same Mexican made garbage?
cheeze9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:19 AM   #3
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeze9878 View Post
Is this an american made product or still the same Mexican made garbage?

mexico? usually most aero companies are made in china ask me how i know lol
Old 08-06-2020, 11:05 AM   #4
cheeze9878

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
mexico? usually most aero companies are made in china ask me how i know lol
That is true but I was emailing them and asked what takes 12 weeks and they told me its because everything is made across the border in mexico so it takes a very long time to get them after being made. But also whats the difference between this wing and the old one they had? Unless I missed it.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:13 AM   #5
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
That is true but I was emailing them and asked what takes 12 weeks and they told me its because everything is made across the border in mexico so it takes a very long time to get them after being made. But also whats the difference between this wing and the old one they had? Unless I missed it.

no idea and ive seen some good stuff from them and some bad stuff so its a crapshoot so many companies out here making these replica wings now there is a whole thread about them lol
Old 08-07-2020, 03:58 PM   #6
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Wow. C7 must be making a fortune off this thing being made in Mexico. It's costing them maybe $100.00 a piece to produce... Then turning around and selling them for $800.00 +

Why did they wait 4 years to produce an "SS hole matching" wing... Also, huge miss on not trying to make something like this match up the holes for the RS crowd.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 07:10 AM   #7
cheeze9878

This is nothing new for them. They have had this part for years now, that's my biggest thing about what this is about? And from what I can tell there is no difference because I was thinking about buying one from them but the 12 week turn around time is just ridiculous considering when someone gets a bad one they send out a new one in like a week from what I've heard.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:27 AM   #8
C7 Carbon

The main differences between the new OEM style blade and our adjustable height zl1, is the thickness of the main blade, wing extensions on both sides, and the position of the winglets. Our oem style will only be offered in oem height.

Let us know how we can help and thanks!!
Old 08-11-2020, 11:24 AM   #9
cheeze9878

Quote:
Originally Posted by C7 Carbon View Post
The main differences between the new OEM style blade and our adjustable height zl1, is the thickness of the main blade, wing extensions on both sides, and the position of the winglets. Our oem style will only be offered in oem height.

Let us know how we can help and thanks!!

So you guys are going to be selling 2 different ZL1 1LE wings? Looking on the website I still only see the one style. Which is the same one that you've been selling the whole time. Am I misunderstanding what you said?
Old 08-11-2020, 12:10 PM   #10
C7 Carbon

Quote:
So you guys are going to be selling 2 different ZL1 1LE wings? Looking on the website I still only see the one style. Which is the same one that you've been selling the whole time. Am I misunderstanding what you said?
https://www.c7carbon.com/rear-spoilers-c-190_199

The new spoiler just has a 50dll deposit option. If you have been to our webiste before, you might need to clear your cache in your browser to get the new products to display.

Let us know how we can help and thank you!
Old 08-11-2020, 07:53 PM   #11
FlyingFischer5

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Satin Steel Gray
I would be jumping on either of your spoilers but no support for the rear camera for the 2019 Camaros. I wish you could make a center pillar for your modular wings to accommodate the camera.

I know I could possibly swap to the shark fin cam but IMO they are ugly and too much work.
2019 Chevy Camaro - 2SS - Satin Steel Gray Metallic - RotoFab w/Dry Filter and Sound Tube Delete, Borla S-Type Carbon, Mishimoto Catch Can, (2) Banks iDash Gauges in ZZP Pillar Mount, DD Side Marker Lights, EOS Gloss Black ZL1 Splitter, Ikon Gloss Black Rear Diffuser

2004 Chevy Trailblazer - LS 4.2l - Black - 3.5" Lift, Custom Interior, Custom Roof Rack and Grille w/Built-in Light Bars, 285/55R20 on Trailblazer SS Wheels
FlyingFischer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:50 PM   #12
cheeze9878

Quote:
Originally Posted by C7 Carbon View Post
https://www.c7carbon.com/rear-spoilers-c-190_199

The new spoiler just has a 50dll deposit option. If you have been to our webiste before, you might need to clear your cache in your browser to get the new products to display.

Let us know how we can help and thank you!

Ok, on a different computer and now I can see both sets of spoilers. Thank you I will have to clear the cache at my work computer. Now my question is you say the thickness is going to be different and winglet placement on the new one. Can I ask what is the difference ( thicker/thiner wider/skinnier) and why? Is it a cost saving or a support thing or just a cosmetic change?
Old 08-12-2020, 11:52 PM   #13
Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
I have there 4 in hight option..been on the car for about 10 months..great product
Attached Images

Orange ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:39 AM   #14
Nucdancer01

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange ss View Post
I have there 4 in hight option..been on the car for about 10 months..great product
Besides vinyl on decklid and under tail lights, did you do anything else to your tail lights? They look dark, could just be lighting.

Looks good to me.
Nucdancer01 is offline   Reply With Quote