Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-19-2020, 02:05 PM   #1
ABM1SSSG3

Drives: 2017 Arctic Blue Metallic A8 SS
A8 haunted?

I check this section of the forum daily....well, because I have an A8. Have not seen this issue come up before.
This morning after driving 15 miles in automatic, and in touring mode, I put the hammer down to enter the freeway. It kicked down into third and at the top of third it hit the limiter, and the 3 appeared as if in manual mode. I looked at the shifter and touched it. Yep, in automatic position, all the way to the right, but yet the 3 was showing. It would not upshift. I quickly moved into the slower lanes and reduced speed to about 50. Then finally the 3 went away as it slowly/lazily upshifted to 7th or 8th. After that I had no problem, and it shifted crisply in both manual & automatic modes. I drove another 16 miles trying to replicate and it did not. No code/warning lights, just normal great performance as always. The car is stock & never been tuned, and has performed flawlessly until this morning. No shudder to date. 6400 miles.
Anyone ever see this happen? Shifter was positively in automatic position.
Still under drivetrain warranty, but at this point I'll bet the dealer will never be able replicate.
ABM1SSSG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 02:11 PM   #2
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Were you accidentally touching the downshift paddle? It will temporarily put the transmission into manual mode even when the shifter is in automatic mode.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 02:29 PM   #3
ABM1SSSG3

Drives: 2017 Arctic Blue Metallic A8 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
Were you accidentally touching the downshift paddle? It will temporarily put the transmission into manual mode even when the shifter is in automatic mode.
I would like to be 100% certain that I did not, as I did not consciously touch it.
With hands at 9 & 3, it is possible. Would much rather have this as human error than malfunction. Food for thought. Thank you, Mark
If no one else posts that they've seen this happen, I'll more than likely chalk it up as just that, and be more careful.