Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-03-2020, 06:15 PM   #1
Killa_Ramirez

Drives: 2017 camaro 1SS
Question Help? Is it my differential or is it my driveshaft

Hello I’m new to this forum so My bad idea I put this thread in the wrong place but I need help. I have a 1ss camaro with a whipple supercharger longtube headers and full exhaust I just bought (no idea it had longtube headers and full exhaust till I checked saturday night) I have no idea on the history of the car who modded it and all that I got it off a dealer who got it out of a auction. Long story short I did a burn out and now something sounds like it’s lose sorta like a blown speaker coming from the rear. I assumed it was my transmission at first but it can’t be because it still shifts smooth and has no slip (it’s auto) so my guesses right now are my differential or my driveshaft but I have yet to check the driveshaft anyone know what I could do? And if it is the differential what gears should I upgrade too to be able to handle all the power.
Attached Images

Killa_Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:24 PM   #2
ABM1SSSG3

Drives: 2017 Arctic Blue Metallic A8 SS
Check your half-shaft (axle shaft) bolts, both sides & both ends before you drive again. The blue paint stripes should all line up. If they don't you will be one of the lucky ones to catch this while not on the road. Also do a search for TSB 16-NA-399.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:59 AM   #3
salias

Drives: porsche 911
I have been trying to track down a light vibration between 65mph and 72mph on my 1985 Mercedes 300SD. I went through a lot of the steps pointed out in this article. The solution turned out to be an out of balance driveshaft. After examining the driveshaft, I noticed that the bolts at the center support became loose from vibration. I re-tightened them and the vibration was still there.
Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1

Last edited by salias; 03-06-2020 at 01:40 PM.
salias is offline   Reply With Quote