Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Texas

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-06-2016, 03:34 PM   #29
bryguycbr

Drives: 2016 2SS Nightfall Gray
Send a message via Yahoo to bryguycbr
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryguycbr View Post
I'm going to find something to cover the vents to control the air leakage, I've tried a shop rag but the color reflection didn't work. I have some other things to try later today. When I get something that works, I'll let you guys know.
I covered the vents with a clear plastic window tint, left over from doing my house front door side window, I would show what I did, but I'm not able to figure out how to post a picture. Tomorrow morning I'll take a drive to see if it works. The temp and humidity in this part of North TX, may make it a challenge for results. If this fixes the issue I will write up and post info in the DIY section of this forum.

Last edited by bryguycbr; 07-06-2016 at 05:57 PM.
bryguycbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:04 PM   #30
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Fogging windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
My GTO did this. My G8 GT did this. My Terrain did this. My Malibu did this. My Flex does this.

It's just air bleed. Just like when you have the system off you still feel air flow through the vents.

Is it annoying? Yup. Highly.
My 06 gto never did it. Not once in 7 years of owning it.

My old blazer has a cracked upper dash with all the vents that face the windshield missing yet it still doesn't fog up but my 50k+ camaro does excessively.
Wheel Team 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:51 PM   #31
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel Team 6 View Post
My 06 gto never did it. Not once in 7 years of owning it.

My old blazer has a cracked upper dash with all the vents that face the windshield missing yet it still doesn't fog up but my 50k+ camaro does excessively.
Well, might as well trade it in. I mean you did pay $50k for it!!!

Seriously, did you attempt to try and fix it by adjusting the temp? I've lived with automatic temp for about four years now in our Flex and it'll will do the exact same thing as my Camaro if the temp is set too cold and it's humid outside.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:57 PM   #32
HomeBrewer

Drives: 2017 2SS
First World Problems...
HomeBrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:18 PM   #33
Wheel Team 6

Fogging windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
Well, might as well trade it in. I mean you did pay $50k for it!!!

Seriously, did you attempt to try and fix it by adjusting the temp? I've lived with automatic temp for about four years now in our Flex and it'll will do the exact same thing as my Camaro if the temp is set too cold and it's humid outside.
I have both sides adjusted to 75 degrees and the fan on low. I also tinted the windows. When we take the car for a ride it is not cool like our charger or Chevy truck. If I even set it 1 degree lower than 75 and idle at a red light or more than 2 minutes it fogs the windshield up like 2 large pizzas splatted on the windshield. Other than this issue I love the car. Mechanically sound. Engine, trans, dif are all solid. Not planning on trading it in unless I get to a point that I want and can afford a Z or ZL
Old 07-07-2016, 01:07 AM   #34
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBrewer View Post
First World Problems...
I was thinking the EXACT same thing...

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:08 AM   #35
Brains

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS A8
Mine fogs up too, did it since new (a whole week lol)
Brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:22 AM   #36
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Messed with it again today.

Mine fogged up when the air was on 64 but then cleared up when I turned it up to 67 within a few minutes.

Recirc was on and fan speed was max. Vents were on dash.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:35 AM   #37
bryguycbr

Took a drive early this morning, with cover on dash vent, AC set on low temp, fan speed high, one vent pointed at window (fog on outside, showed that condensation was there). Windshield clear, covering dash vents corrected fogging problem. If/when, I figure how to show a picture of what I did, I'll show what works.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:08 PM   #38
Wheel Team 6

Fogging windshield

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=454169&page=6

Please read to see the conclusion of my cars trips to the dealer service department and GM's conclusion.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:32 PM   #39
Wheel Team 6

Fogging windshield

Quote:
GM is saying....F*** You....live with it.
Yep
Old 07-20-2016, 08:00 PM   #40
bryguycbr

Quote:
Yep
The only reason I bought a GM vehicle is the discount I get, If this continues to be a problem for me. I will sell this car and tell them why, I will no longer by a GM vehicle using my GM Family First Discount. I've never worked for GM, years ago (1986) I worked for Hughes Aircraft Company in ElSegundo Ca.,the division I worked for developed the heads up display used by GM, GM acquired Hughes Aircraft to get control of this technology to use in their vehicles, so for a short time I was part of the GM family, until they realized all of the other items Hughes was building, ie military weapons and other stuff, they sold all things to Raytheon, but I was still able to continue to buy any GM vehicle using this discount program. I've had a Saturn Sky, a GMC Jimmy, and GMC Envoy, my parents, brothers, and sister can also use this discount program.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:34 PM   #41
Wheel Team 6

Fogging windshield

Quote:
The only reason I bought a GM vehicle is the discount I get, If this continues to be a problem for me. I will sell this car and tell them why, I will no longer by a GM vehicle using my GM Family First Discount. I've never worked for GM, years ago (1986) I worked for Hughes Aircraft Company in ElSegundo Ca.,the division I worked for developed the heads up display used by GM, GM acquired Hughes Aircraft to get control of this technology to use in their vehicles, so for a short time I was part of the GM family, until they realized all of the other items Hughes was building, ie military weapons and other stuff, they sold all things to Raytheon, but I was still able to continue to buy any GM vehicle using this discount program. I've had a Saturn Sky, a GMC Jimmy, and GMC Envoy, my parents, brothers, and sister can also use this discount program.
I understand. After the detailed north American quality survey gm sent me that I filled out honestly along with the news I received today from GM's customer service about it being a characteristic of the car suggesting I basically deal with it I told them if that's the case then this will be my last gm vehicle and I'll trade it in soon.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:04 PM   #42
bryguycbr

Quote:
I understand. After the detailed north American quality survey gm sent me that I filled out honestly along with the news I received today from GM's customer service about it being a characteristic of the car suggesting I basically deal with it I told them if that's the case then this will be my last gm vehicle and I'll trade it in soon.
My fogging doesn't happen as much as you, when I get my first oil changed, I'll ask what they think of this fogging issue. In North Texas where I live, it's flat hot and dry all of the time. Early this morning I took a drive, to get a UV film installed on the windshield, and I had a very small fog spot on the far right side. Basically what you have been told by GM is it's your car, your problem, we won't fix it, we do what we do best, sell cars to make money, no matter how bad the design is.