Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 04-01-2016, 04:21 PM   #1
cajun1le
The Mechanic

Drives: a sports car
Al Oppenheiser's April Fools joke to the Camaro community?!?

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/04/01/2...rack-warranty/

As Oppenheiser says, don't expect to make sweeping modifications to your car and have GM still foot the bill for any issues that befall your car on the track.

"We know when somebody changes their ECM calibration and we know if they changed to a cold-air intake, we can tell all that," Oppenheiser said. "But driving it as you break it in from the dealership, if you have a half-shaft or whatever, it's covered."

We're still waiting for specifics from GM regarding just how far the policy goes – for instance, are you safe if you slap on a set of stickier tires and track-focused brake pads? These are, after all, things that are meant to be replaced, not to mention some of the most affordable and impactful changes you can make to a car for track duty. We're expecting the answer to be yes, but stay tuned. Also, this policy only covers V8-powered SS models for now – sorry, turbocharged and non-1LE V6 Camaro owners. It will carry over to the higher-performing 1LE and ZL1, as well as the expected Z/28. (Chevy covered track use of ZL1 and Z/28 models in the last generation.)

But if you've got a bone-stock 2016 Camaro SS, there's no need to wait for further instructions; go hit the track. GM has your back.
cajun1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 04:56 PM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
1) April fools jokes end at noon, I can't think that Autoblog wouldn't have posted it at 4:15 eastern (1:15 pacific) if it were part of a joke
2) Whats not to believe? They've covered track use for higher performance Camaros before. And the 6th gen SS comes pretty track ready to begin with. Al even included the expected standard caveat of "Do not modify your car"
3) Why did you post this in General Automotive instead of 6th Gen General?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:23 PM   #3
cajun1le
The Mechanic

Drives: a sports car
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
1) April fools jokes end at noon, I can't think that Autoblog wouldn't have posted it at 4:15 eastern (1:15 pacific) if it were part of a joke
2) Whats not to believe? They've covered track use for higher performance Camaros before. And the 6th gen SS comes pretty track ready to begin with. Al even included the expected standard caveat of "Do not modify your car"
3) Why did you post this in General Automotive instead of 6th Gen General?
LOL
cajun1le is offline   Reply With Quote