Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-22-2019, 07:28 AM   #169
MarkMc26
car wanker

Drives: 2017 2SS, 3 pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
How many years do these go before replacing battery?
I'm not sure if this is standard or not, but within the last 6 months, I had to replace the fob battery in my 2017 2SS that was built in August 2016. So, 3-ish years. YMMV.

Mark
MarkMc26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:53 PM   #170
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthobe View Post
Another "No remote detected" today. Will be visiting dealership. Appears to be TSB #16-NA-396 (attached).

Thanks for posting this. I also have been having the issue lately. Going in for service next week. Nothing like getting into your 9K mile $50K car and not knowing if it's going to start.

Last edited by craigss50; 01-08-2020 at 07:08 PM.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:51 PM   #171
SPreston2001

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
This has happened to me plenty of times as well. It seems the remotes are triggering the relearn procedure. If you get in and see the message no remote detected try holding the engine/start button for 20-30secs to exit the programming mode. After you release the button hit the engine/start button again and the car “should“ function as normal.

Last edited by SPreston2001; 03-30-2020 at 02:03 PM.
SPreston2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:40 PM   #172
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
It happened to me last week. I figured my Fob battery was weak. The work around was to use the physical key in the door keyhole. Got in and put the fob in the cupholder and it started right up. Then replaced fob battery.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:35 AM   #173
Bullmofo

Drives: 2016 CAMARO
Non-working key fobs

This has happened to me twice I'm so done with this key fob and this Camaro I'm trading it in today on a Toyota Tacoma I'm tired of all these problems with these crappy GM products I'm done!
Bullmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 03:44 PM   #174
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
I've always said this....Remote Electronics can't be trusted. So many ways to pickup interference.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 05-01-2020 at 03:44 PM. Reason: k
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 03:47 PM   #175
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullmofo View Post
This has happened to me twice I'm so done with this key fob and this Camaro I'm trading it in today on a Toyota Tacoma I'm tired of all these problems with these crappy GM products I'm done!
LOL...The Tacoma is the shittiest of the Trucks out there...well its a toss up between that and the Tundra.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 03:53 PM   #176
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
LOL...The Tacoma is the shittiest of the Trucks out there...well its a toss up between that and the Tundra.
Tundra is extremely reliable just outdated. I guess you could say the same about the Tacoma.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 03:55 PM   #177
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
I’ve had key Fob issues with both the new and old batteries. Luckily I’ve never been in serious trouble..
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:53 AM   #178
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
My early 2016 2SS (bought in April '16) just failed to recognize the fobs this morning. So, the fobs are coming up on 4 years old. I do have some fresh 2032 batteries at home that I can swap in. But... when the fob I typically use failed, I went back into the house and grabbed the other fob. When I got back to the car, it didn't pick that one up either. Same age as the other one, of course. Could they have both gone dead overnight? They're old and I let the house cool down at night.

As I sat there, I remembered the thing about putting it in the cup holder if the remote battery was dead/low, so I did that and after a minute or so, the car started fine. I drove it to work hoping I can start the car when it is time to go home. Fingers crossed.

This is the first time I ever saw this happen. However, I did just get a set of new tires put on over the weekend and the Tech had a hard time getting the car to start when he was done. Now, it is possible that he ran some kind of learning routine because of having the wheels off? I don't know.

If this continues after putting in new batteries, I will call the dealer and mention the TSB...
Old 12-02-2020, 10:01 AM   #179
craigss50

Mine turned out to be the remote sensor located in the trunk. Costs me $360 and I have GMEPP which does not cover that part. I was pi***ed. An essential part that causes the car not to start is not covered. My dealer did contact GM and they did a good will refund of $135. Car was just out of 3 yr B to B and only 9K miles.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:12 AM   #180
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigss50 View Post
Mine turned out to be the remote sensor located in the trunk. Costs me $360 and I have GMEPP which does not cover that part. I was pi***ed. An essential part that causes the car not to start is not covered. My dealer did contact GM and they did a good will refund of $135. Car was just out of 3 yr B to B and only 9K miles.
Boy, that's a real drag. Did you happen to see this sensor? Things in the trunk are fairly accessible if you pull the carpet off around where the battery is. I wonder if it is in that area.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:24 AM   #181
craigss50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Boy, that's a real drag. Did you happen to see this sensor? Things in the trunk are fairly accessible if you pull the carpet off around where the battery is. I wonder if it is in that area.

No I did not see it. Probably can google it to find and maybe replace yourself. There is even a TSB on it but still GM would not cover the entire cost. If I had known it wasn't covered I would have tried to replace it myself.
Old 12-02-2020, 11:50 AM   #182
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigss50 View Post
No I did not see it. Probably can google it to find and maybe replace yourself. There is even a TSB on it but still GM would not cover the entire cost. If I had known it wasn't covered I would have tried to replace it myself.
Yeah, that's what I may also consider. Fingers crossed that new batteries will do the trick. Being a 2016, mine is long out of bumper-to-bumper coverage...

Edit to add:

It appears that the part can be had for less than $40: https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/g...-13595511.html

I think one would need information from the service manual about how to program the remotes to the receiver, and if you have to do anything else when you replace it.