Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 07-23-2019, 02:26 PM   #1
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Help a brother out, new Camaro.!?!?!

If you asked me what I wanted I will tell you 1SS 1LE.

For a little background in my current stable I have a 91 Formula being rebuilt with LS1 swap. 91 GTA awaiting its turn to rebuild(paint/drivetrain) and a 89 Turbo Trans AM that really need a trans rebuild and sorting out to get into the 10s on pump gas(did not like last upgrades on the 2-3shift)

I've quarter miled a lot, kind of moved on to more road course and dabbled in American Iron w/ a friend at one point.

So that leaves me with LT1 for bank for the buck, 1SS which is fine, but I've been eyeing that 1LE for a looooong time. (hate the black hood however) I'm not limited on these choices $$$ wise so it comes down to preference. I also won't lie and say I've found a beautiful 4th gen and T Tops are near and dear to me :-)

I've even had thoughts of ZL1, but that down payment needed to keep my payment what I prefer is more than I think my cheap butt is willing to put out.

Also I would like to hear from the 6'6 and other tall drivers on room. I was more than fine in 5th gens, but I've been working my arse off since 6th gens came on the scene, so no real seat time in them.

So long story short if I go new I think my best choice would be 1LE 1SS in orange. So help convince me I guess.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 02:53 PM   #2
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
You should do it. If a reliable, capable, na car that you won't feel bad beating on is what you seek then look no further.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 03:20 PM   #3
Moander
asshat

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE NFG
This is the 1LE forum. You already know what we're going to say.
Moander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 03:28 PM   #4
3.8TransAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moander View Post
This is the 1LE forum. You already know what we're going to say.

I know, I think of it as positive reinforcement.
My first one was almost a 01 1LE, didn't order and thank God, cause I lost my job 2 weeks later.

U make that sound like there is 1LE in orange on the chevy build site open in another window on my laptop.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:32 PM   #5
Moander
asshat

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE NFG
Moander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:05 AM   #6
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
How are we supposed to help you? By providing emotional support?

You are on the right path.

Good things are happening.

Soon you will be behind the wheel of a 1LE tearing through the countryside on your way to Jessica Alba's place where she has made you a nice home-cooked apple pie.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:08 AM   #7
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
I love the black hood on the 1LE. It really sets it apart. The good news for you is, it's just a wrap and can be removed.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 03:39 AM   #8
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
OP,

You’re 6’6...?

I’m not THAT tall, but I am 6’3... I’ve still got a bit of headroom, and I sit relatively upright when driving, opposed to other fella’s doing the ‘gangsta lean’ with their head basically in the rear passenger seat...

Go for the 1LE. You said you don’t like the hood wrap? If you’re purchasing from a dealer, see if they’ll swap out the wrap color for you.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:47 AM   #9
JLz06

Drives: Chevy Camaro

Seriously though, I love mine and use it as a daily.
JLz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:58 AM   #10
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
I have a cammed 4th gen and now got the 1le and if you hate the hood wrap just peel it off. I love driving mine so In the words of Shia, do it !! Lol
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:06 AM   #11
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
The 1LE is basically an SS with a ZL1 suspension. The best of both worlds.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:28 AM   #12
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
I've even had thoughts of ZL1, but that down payment needed to keep my payment what I prefer is more than I think my cheap butt is willing to put out.

Also I would like to hear from the 6'6 and other tall drivers on room. I was more than fine in 5th gens, but I've been working my arse off since 6th gens came on the scene, so no real seat time in them.
A used garage queen ZL1 might be in your budget. There are a few of them out there. People buy them and don't drive them, run into money issues after they buy, etc.

Avoid the sunroof if you're tall. Especially if you plan to drive competitively with a helmet.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 01:28 PM   #13
3.8TransAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyestick View Post
OP,

You’re 6’6...?

I’m not THAT tall, but I am 6’3... I’ve still got a bit of headroom, and I sit relatively upright when driving, opposed to other fella’s doing the ‘gangsta lean’ with their head basically in the rear passenger seat...

Go for the 1LE. You said you don’t like the hood wrap? If you’re purchasing from a dealer, see if they’ll swap out the wrap color for you.

6'6 and usually around 270#. I've just always been big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28pat View Post
I have a cammed 4th gen and now got the 1le and if you hate the hood wrap just peel it off. I love driving mine so In the words of Shia, do it !! Lol

4th Gens do offer T-tops however, that to me is huge huge draw. They should be mandatory on 6th gens :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
A used garage queen ZL1 might be in your budget. There are a few of them out there. People buy them and don't drive them, run into money issues after they buy, etc.

Avoid the sunroof if you're tall. Especially if you plan to drive competitively with a helmet.

I kind of looked around for that, just never really found any that were so good of a deal it would make me make the leap with the extra cash. Theoretically I could, but the idea of throwing that much cash at a depreciating asset makes me want to throw up (but damn they are awesome!!!!!)

I've never been able to drive anything that has a motorized sunroof/moonroof in it. Eats way too much headroom. I'm big and my giant brain make its worse All the way back to G body days....
Old 07-24-2019, 04:43 PM   #14
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
At 6'6, you might want to get a helmet and try sitting in one before you purchase.
Then imagine racing down a track for a good 20 min. in that position.
Are you comfortable?
Able to shift with no problem...elbow not hitting the seat?
Enough leg room? (there is a rear seat delete though)
Can you open the center console? (for shiets and giggles)
Can you open the door all the way in your garage? (if you have one) you'll need the wide space.
I'm 6' and with my work boots about 6'1 at 205lbs. Maybe it's due to my age, but getting in and out can be challenging at times, but once I'm in, I can drive for miles and miles and miles!