Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 07-16-2019, 06:17 AM   #15
mt.nichols

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE
I had a great day in the TMS infield this weekend. The car performed flawlessly all day, and I suspect I set a new PB but I need to confirm with PDR data.

Last edited by mt.nichols; 12-24-2019 at 03:27 AM.
mt.nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:12 AM   #16
Harpinc

Drives: 19' ZL1 1LE
FYI...
I am running -3.2 camber in front with Zero toe and have not experienced cording on the inside edge. -2.2 in rear has perfect wear across the tread. This was my 2nd track day on these tires and I will run them one more time before trashing. Ran Cresson 1.7 CCW last weekend and ran 1:19.6 in the heat so they aren't getting babied at all.
Harpinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 01:06 PM   #17
mt.nichols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpinc View Post
FYI...
I am running -3.2 camber in front with Zero toe and have not experienced cording on the inside edge. -2.2 in rear has perfect wear across the tread. This was my 2nd track day on these tires and I will run them one more time before trashing. Ran Cresson 1.7 CCW last weekend and ran 1:19.6 in the heat so they aren't getting babied at all.
Ok, good to know. Any street miles?
Old 07-16-2019, 04:09 PM   #18
Harpinc

Drives: 19' ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt.nichols View Post
Ok, good to know. Any street miles?
Yes.. Probably 600ish.. Now I have Conti's for my street driving. Those GYs go like mad on the street. Have you run your 18 setup yet?
Harpinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:14 AM   #19
mt.nichols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpinc View Post
Yes.. Probably 600ish.. Now I have Conti's for my street driving. Those GYs go like mad on the street. Have you run your 18 setup yet?
Yeah they do, I'm convinced that's why I was killing the insides of the tires. I am going to buy some cheap street tires and call it a day, I don't really care about street performance anyways.

I have not tried the 18" setup yet. I might at MSR on August 5th if I can figure out a way to get them to the track.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:25 AM   #20
mt.nichols

Last edited by mt.nichols; 12-24-2019 at 03:29 AM.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:56 AM   #21
mt.nichols

One difference I noted is that TCS was more active with the slicks than it has been with the OEM tires. I usually run the car in PTM Race which has typically allowed for me to be able to steer the car with the throttle to a reasonable degree. It didn't feel that way with the slicks.

The OEM rear tires are 26.7" diameter, rear slicks are 680mm/26.77 inches
The OEM front tires are 26.2" diameter, front slicks are 680mm/26.77 inches

If my thinking is correct, this difference would slow the front wheel speed relative to the rear, and make the computer think there is some rear tire slip when there isn't. I don't know how significant it is, but I am thinking this caused TCS to kick in earlier.

On the straights, Pi toolbox shows a difference in wheel speed of ~2 mph with the slicks vs ~.75 mph with a set of worn GoodYear SuperCar 3Rs. Again, this seems like a really minor difference and might be nit-picking, but I am going to run the car with everything off from now on anyways.
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2019, 01:15 PM   #22
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
What shows as spec and what is actual rollout / circumference / height may be different. I'd use a flexible tape measure at the same air pressure and measure.

Those Conti slicks are made, as you know by Hoosier. Hoosier's published specs and what the various tire sizes have a lot of variation / difference from what I've seen on R7's (and drag tires in my past life). Maybe Continental holds them to a higher standard...

At the published spec, it's only about 2% delta. That's around the same between my 20" 285&305/30/19 G3's I run with my sons and the 19" G3R's I typically run. I have never felt or seen any anomalies between them as far as TCS other than the G3's will have more TCS intervention if driven the same way as the stickier G3R's.

You are correct that if too much difference in stagger or overall height / circumference, things will start to act up. Not sure what that % is, but, it looks to be beyond 2-3%.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:07 AM   #23
mt.nichols

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
What shows as spec and what is actual rollout / circumference / height may be different. I'd use a flexible tape measure at the same air pressure and measure.

Those Conti slicks are made, as you know by Hoosier. Hoosier's published specs and what the various tire sizes have a lot of variation / difference from what I've seen on R7's (and drag tires in my past life). Maybe Continental holds them to a higher standard...

At the published spec, it's only about 2% delta. That's around the same between my 20" 285&305/30/19 G3's I run with my sons and the 19" G3R's I typically run. I have never felt or seen any anomalies between them as far as TCS other than the G3's will have more TCS intervention if driven the same way as the stickier G3R's.

You are correct that if too much difference in stagger or overall height / circumference, things will start to act up. Not sure what that % is, but, it looks to be beyond 2-3%.
I will have to take measurements and see what the diameter is actually measuring on the fronts and rears. It could also be increased oversteer because I've gone to a nearly square setup - the fronts, while labeled 305s, have a 12" tread width and a 13" section width. The rears are 315s and have a 12.13" tread width and a 12.75" section width. I did verify those dimensions with a tape measure, but will go check the diameter at some point this week.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:20 AM   #24
mt.nichols

Last edited by mt.nichols; 12-24-2019 at 03:28 AM.