Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Phastek Performance

Old 04-16-2019, 04:06 PM   #1
jcastag

Drives: 2017 Camaro FIFTY 2SS
Dont Ever Buy Stainless Works

So here is the highlights. I bought a Stainless Works cat back exhaust... If you read my other post about this company you will see the details of what I went through.

Long story short... The system does not properly fit the car. I have been working on cars for over 25 years and have done engine rebuilds, trans rebuilds and rear diff rebuilds. After 3 installs and reinstalls this system does not fit.

I also have provided full details on the installation and what I feel are the problem pieces that may be cut or bent incorrectly to SW.

They want no part of trying to rectify the issue. They do not stand behind their product and have been super unresponsive to the issue despite me giving them complete detail on the install and potential issue.

So after going back and forth with them about the fitment issues, one of their suggestions was for me to drive my car from New Jersey to Ohio for them to take a look at my exhaust. At my expense of course

Here is what I learned....

Spend the extra money and get a top tier exhaust system if you are going to do this.... Borla, Corsa, etc.

There is a reason they are at the top and a reason the others never will be. One is customer service and another is standing behind their product.

You get what you pay for. And I will also post the detail of my entire communication with SW for all to see.
jcastag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:22 PM   #2
BFella

Drives: 16' Supercharged 1SS
Kooks headers and cat back system is pure American glory, quality is unmatched.

760RWHP Magnuson 1SS
BFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:13 PM   #3
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
I feel the same way about some one else, after the sale the manuf was pretty lame.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:51 PM   #4
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
Isn't sw one of the more expensive systems? I only have an axleback, so I haven't gone through what you have. Mine fit perfect and I love them. This is the first time I've read anything bad about them, sorry for your luck. ��
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:01 PM   #5
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
Isn't sw one of the more expensive systems? I only have an axleback, so I haven't gone through what you have. Mine fit perfect and I love them. This is the first time I've read anything bad about them, sorry for your luck. ��
Yes it's a $2500 system.. Cheaper than the rest but not "cheap"

I am going to post my communication with their company about the fitment issues and you will be blown away. On top of that, the vendor I bought it from tried to help me out and get involved and they pretty much stone walled them as well.

Shit company that does not stand behind their product.. I mean they could not even give me the right size clamp for the cat connection. Lol

I urge everyone to spend extra and get a top tier exhaust.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:10 PM   #6
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Thanks for the report. It's bulletin boards like these that can force a company to be accountable. You should link this thread and make sure they know that what they are doing is now public knowledge. But before doing so I would make absolutely certain that you are correct about the fit issues. It sounds like you are, but...just be sure.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:02 PM   #7
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
Thanks for the report. It's bulletin boards like these that can force a company to be accountable. You should link this thread and make sure they know that what they are doing is now public knowledge. But before doing so I would make absolutely certain that you are correct about the fit issues. It sounds like you are, but...just be sure.
I totally get what you are saying and just to you know I installed, totally removed and reinstalled the entire system (every piece) 3 times. It was the same result each time.

I also detailed the exact part that I thought was the issue which was the right side intermediate pipe. I gave very very detailed info to Stainless Works if you read my other post. They basically blew it off.

There resolution was to take a video of the install, match up the length of the parts to pictures they sent me which did not show the exact length of the parts (so how do I campare?) or to drive the car from NJ to Ohio for them to check out... On my dime.

So I got the vendor involved wihch was wheelwell.com since SW sucks and they reached out to SW as well and said they were totally taken back by the attitude and lack of interest that SW had in resolving the issue.

Bottom line is I need to take it to an exhaust shop to either cut or bend the pipe or pipes that are incorrect.

STAY THE F$$K AWAY FROM STAINLESS WORKS. THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:50 AM   #8
jcastag

So here is the final result.

Stainless Works has completely ignored all my recent communication. They are a joke of a company.

I bought the system through Wheelwell.com and reached out to them in the hopes they can help contact SW. They did and were totally stonewalled by them as well and were basically told they would not help or stand behind their product.

It's totally unacceptable what I have been through with SW and I urge everyone on here to go with a better quality brand. You get what you pay for.

Wheelwell.com actually provided me with some credit since they saw the full detail of what I went through. The credit is to help me take the exhaust to a shop to have it cut and bent as needed which will clearly cost me money. Super high praise for a seller stepping in and taking action for an issue they have nothing to do with.

Now imagine when or if there is an actual warranty issue with the exhaust for the people that already have it installed... You are all screwed!!!
Old 04-18-2019, 11:57 AM   #9
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
In my particular instance with some one else I only say it because it may be relevant to you as well, they told me if I had it welded up it would be modified and could (or would) void the warranty, to which I really had no other choice but to have it "fixed".

Quote:
exhaust to a shop to have it cut and bent as needed
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:41 PM   #10
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
In my particular instance with some one else I only say it because it may be relevant to you as well, they told me if I had it welded up it would be modified and could (or would) void the warranty, to which I really had no other choice but to have it "fixed".
Totally get it and agree with you... But since the scumbags at SW have refused to resolve the issue I am left with no other choice to get this exhiast to fit.

They have totally blown off not only me but the reseller that I bought it from. Yes authorized. Even they told me they could not believe how disrespectful SW was to them.

Trust me, cutting this thing was the last option for me.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:58 PM   #11
Fatty1707

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10
Take it to a certified exhaust place and have them confirm the figment issue and send SW the results along with a letter stating that you want a refund based on their unwillingness to fix the problem or you will sue them. They can’t sell a product that doesn’t fit and have no liability to correct the problem or to give you a refund. Also tell them you are going to plaster this all over social media. Document everything. Get your money back!
Fatty1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:19 PM   #12
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Isn't Stainless Works that company that put out that snazzy exhaust video soon after the 6th gen came out?
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:19 PM   #13
Yanniz

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Aftermarket parts “made to fit” hardly ever fit without modifications.

Not saying it’s right or wrong, that’s how it is, I’ve restored 3 cars and I’ve learned the lesson.

Maybe expectations are different with newer cars, don’t know.

What’s wrong with having a shop cut and weld it to fit?

Either way, it sounds like the manufacturer did not take the right approach in communications with you, that’s not right.

Good luck
Yanniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:19 PM   #14
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty1707 View Post
Take it to a certified exhaust place and have them confirm the figment issue and send SW the results along with a letter stating that you want a refund based on their unwillingness to fix the problem or you will sue them. They can’t sell a product that doesn’t fit and have no liability to correct the problem or to give you a refund. Also tell them you are going to plaster this all over social media. Document everything. Get your money back!

Way ahead of you my friend

I have sent them numerous emails on each step of my installation and the exact piece that I feel was the issue. They didn't care.

Their solution was for me to either take a video of the exhaust which would show nothing, take each piece off and measure and compare to photos they sent me with each part next to a tape measure (and none of the pics clearly showed the length so nothing for me to compare to) or drive the car from NJ to Ohio at my expense for them to look at.

In the end, all they needed to do was handle this like a warranty or defect issue and replace it and all would have been good. I even told them I would make sure they got the old one back withing a few days as I would start installing the replacement the day I got it.

They have made no effort to rectify this the right way... They will learn the hard way that social media and car enthusiast sites will either make you or break you if you are a second tier company.