Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 04-12-2019, 08:46 AM   #15
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Old 04-12-2019, 10:41 AM   #16
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Hell yeah!
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:54 AM   #17
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
They should of made this announcement on April 1st. Just to screw with everyone a little more.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:55 AM   #18
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
GM must: Keep pricing reasonable (it has always been America's supercar on a budget), have plenty of trim levels (I like the C7 line-up), offer it with a manual, don't get too far out of Corvette's heritage and comfort zone.

I can't wait to hear more!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:52 PM   #19
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
GM must: Keep pricing reasonable
Chevy is charging 50+K for a Blazer RS. Good luck with that.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:59 PM   #20

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Congratulations to the Corvette and Corvette world. I hope this new 'Vette is a success. Will it be expensive? I don't see why it shouldn't be. This is a great move and reassurance that all is right with the Chevy line-up. Corvette is top dog. Camaro was getting too close and Corvette needed to leap way ahead to maintain the order of things.

IMO Camaro will never get close to this new Corvette level of styling and performance. Looking forward to see what they offer for engines....Corvette only engines, that is.

The differences between Corvette and Camaro are now once again easy to see and appreciate. Congrats again to Corvette.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:18 PM   #21
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Yes, the Blazer RS's price is ridiculous. I could see ~$50k for a true SS variant, but not for some black cladding and different wheels.

The Corvette, on the other hand, has always been "The Best Bang For The Buck" versus its direct competitors. ~$55k for a stripped-down Stingray is a steal (unfortunately, the aforementioned Blazer RS isn't much cheaper). At that price, the Stingray packs a lot of performance.

GM has to keep the C8 obtainable to a lot of people. Sure, $55k isn't a drop in the bucket to most folks, but if GM prices the entry level C8 at $75k, that's a huge jump and you're going to alienate a lot of customers looking to enter into "The Realm of Corvette" for the first time. IMHO, keeping the Corvette reasonable, means implementing no more than a $5-6k jump in price from the current trim levels. A stripped-down, entry level C8 should cost no more than ~$60-62k.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:02 PM   #22
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Why do people always focus on the price of loaded/top trim models? Its like complaining that the Camaro is a 70k car because of the ZL1 convertible, or that Corvettes cost 120 grand because of the ZR1 & ignoring the fact that most cost a lot less than that.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:23 PM   #23
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Why do people always focus on the price of loaded/top trim models? Its like complaining that the Camaro is a 70k car because of the ZL1 convertible, or that Corvettes cost 120 grand because of the ZR1 & ignoring the fact that most cost a lot less than that.
This is just my opinion. And not to get off the OP's subject. but when I see that blazer that is in fact 50K+ MSRP that is made in Mexico (not that I have an entire problem with that, just labor savings is what I'm thinking) and the vehicle is just a hair bigger than the equinox. I have a problem with that. this 50K CUV (I consider it an equinox just a hair bigger) now you are in Tahoe territory. Also, it doesn't negate the fact that we are flooded with these cute tiny cuv's. I can't be the only one that doesn't like these small CUV's.
Don't get me wrong, I think the blazer is a good looking vehicle. just so many cons (again my opinion) that turns me off from it. Price for that is a major part of it.
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:01 PM   #24
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
This is just my opinion. And not to get off the OP's subject. but when I see that blazer that is in fact 50K+ MSRP that is made in Mexico (not that I have an entire problem with that, just labor savings is what I'm thinking) and the vehicle is just a hair bigger than the equinox. I have a problem with that. this 50K CUV (I consider it an equinox just a hair bigger) now you are in Tahoe territory. Also, it doesn't negate the fact that we are flooded with these cute tiny cuv's. I can't be the only one that doesn't like these small CUV's.
Don't get me wrong, I think the blazer is a good looking vehicle. just so many cons (again my opinion) that turns me off from it. Price for that is a major part of it.
If you don't want a $50,000 Blazer then don't option it out to that much. Base price is 30 grand, which is a few grand more than the Equinox -but well short of Tahoes. And don't forget that you can get an Equinox up past $45k if you ever wanted to. Again, its like complaining that Camaros are 70 grand. Some? Yes. Most? No.

The Blazer isn't tiny either. Its bigger than the Equinox and thats not overly small either. The Trax? Those things are tiny. The Blazer is slightly bigger than the last generation Equinox but the current ones shrunk a bit in order to make for more room between it an the Traverse (which managed to get even bigger). Actually, when I was looking up the specs, I see that the new Blazer is a few inches longer (both wheelbase & total) than the old K5 (aka 'big') Blazer. It is a little narrower though and quite a bit lower. So depending on how you're defining big, it could be considered bigger than the Big Blaze ... which just feels downright weird.

Anywhoo ... mid engined C8 Corvette in July. Any guesses as to where the reveal is going to happen?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:42 PM   #25
1COR.1:18
Whosoever Will

Drives: 2010 1LT Victory Red
Death of an American icon.
What a shame. Sad day.
1COR.1:18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:32 PM   #26
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1COR.1:18 View Post
What a shame. Sad day.
Ok
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:36 PM   #27
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
Ok

Old 04-13-2019, 10:42 AM   #28
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Any guesses as to where the reveal is going to happen?
i would say NY but they already had the soft reveal there... where was the ZR1 revealed?

would you say the C5/C6/C7 cars will lose a bit of value due to the mid-engined car coming? i hope so, wouldn't mind a Corvette lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1COR.1:18 View Post
What a shame. Sad day.
is it really that bad though? honestly asking because this was inevitable if GM wanted the brand/model to remain competitive in the real world and on the race track. the current layout was maxed with little room to improve it and with the Camaro now creeping up on the C7 performance it needed it be done. in my opinion at least...
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote