Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-06-2016, 05:53 AM   #29
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedX2 View Post
Andy--any drivetrain issues at this power level?
Have not seen any yet due to the increased horsepower and torque. Magnuson and my self have beaten on them pretty hard as well as many other shops.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:38 PM   #30
Yellow6thGen
18 ZL1 A10 Convertible

Drives: White ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
$80
Andy, Can we get the cover piece made In Yellow? I would like a plain Yellow Plate with no Lettering . Also will the GM LT1 hotcam work with the LT4 setup with the 2.55 pully? If using the 2.4 pully, the LT4 fuel pump is needed correct?

Thank you,

2018 ZL1 Convertible A10 @ Kooks R&D.
Yellow6thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:19 AM   #31
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow6thGen View Post
Andy, Can we get the cover piece made In Yellow? I would like a plain Yellow Plate with no Lettering . Also will the GM LT1 hotcam work with the LT4 setup with the 2.55 pully? If using the 2.4 pully, the LT4 fuel pump is needed correct?

Thank you,
We can have parts painted, My Neighbors beside me are - dusolddesigns.com

After all its just money!

Yes 2.4 needs LT4 Fuel system
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:10 AM   #32
Yellow6thGen
18 ZL1 A10 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
We can have parts painted, My Neighbors beside me are - dusolddesigns.com

After all its just money!

Yes 2.4 needs LT4 Fuel system
Thank you for the info!

Can we use the LT1 HotCam from GM with the setup?

Old 11-12-2017, 10:41 AM   #33
Mattswla

Drives: 2014 SS L99
L99

Will the lt4 supercharger work on a l99?
Old 11-12-2017, 12:08 PM   #34
Yellow6thGen
18 ZL1 A10 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattswla View Post
Will the lt4 supercharger work on a l99?

No I don’t think so, need LS one from CTSV or ZL1 <2015. I’m pretty sure, someone will probably chime in that’s way smarter than I am.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:49 PM   #35
PackersFan26

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Andy what is achievable with 91 octane?
Old 11-12-2017, 03:34 PM   #36
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackersFan26 View Post
Andy what is achievable with 91 octane?
Andy just installed a LT4 blower on my 2016 SS. He tuned it with 91 octane and was able to achieve 555whp and 538 ft/lb torque to the wheels. He will be adding a rotofab intake so add 15 or so to both of those numbers is my guess.
misterjaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:35 PM   #37
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaayy View Post
Andy just installed a LT4 blower on my 2016 SS. He tuned it with 91 octane and was able to achieve 555whp and 538 ft/lb torque to the wheels. He will be adding a rotofab intake so add 15 or so to both of those numbers is my guess.
How do you like it so far? I'm really thinking about getting one for Christmas but not sure if I should pick it over the Maggie or Vortech. I just want to be sure it's a reliable kit.
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:52 PM   #38
misterjaayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
How do you like it so far? I'm really thinking about getting one for Christmas but not sure if I should pick it over the Maggie or Vortech. I just want to be sure it's a reliable kit.
I haven’t had a chance to drive it yet. It’s still in Texas. Waiting for the roto-fab install then it will shipped back next week. I’ll write up a review on the entire experience once I get it back.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:35 PM   #39
16CamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro SS (2SS)
Quote:
I haven’t had a chance to drive it yet. It’s still in Texas. Waiting for the roto-fab install then it will shipped back next week. I’ll write up a review on the entire experience once I get it back.
What are the shipping costs and how far are you shipping?
16CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:40 PM   #40
misterjaayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16CamaroSS View Post
What are the shipping costs and how far are you shipping?
I’m shipping from San Diego and the whole process has been a nightmare. I would strongly recommend driving it yourself. Especially if the car is in a somewhat neighboring state. Scheduling with these companies is a pain in the ass, the company I used to get it there was extremely unreliable, and prices aren’t always what they are quoted.

I was originally given a quote of 600 dollars to Dallas. I felt it was reasonable so I booked. But because no trucks were going that route except one or two (or so they say) prices jumped to 775. Still not horrible but that’s still much higher than they originally told me. They waited to give me the quote a day or two before the shipping date so they knew they had my back against the wall. To make a long story short they showed up a day and a half late and knocked on my door at 1am to pick it up. Overall just horrible customer service. The only good thing is they made very good time and dropped it at ADMs doorstep in 36 hours.

I’m still considering flying to Dallas this weekend to pick up the car just so I don’t have to deal with the shipping company I have lined up. I have hotels and flights booked in case they flake or try and raise prices. Hopefully this new company I’m tying for the trip back is better but I have little faith.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:31 PM   #41
16CamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro SS (2SS)
Quote:
I’m shipping from San Diego and the whole process has been a nightmare. I would strongly recommend driving it yourself. Especially if the car is in a somewhat neighboring state. Scheduling with these companies is a pain in the ass, the company I used to get it there was extremely unreliable, and prices aren’t always what they are quoted.

I was originally given a quote of 600 dollars to Dallas. I felt it was reasonable so I booked. But because no trucks were going that route except one or two (or so they say) prices jumped to 775. Still not horrible but that’s still much higher than they originally told me. They waited to give me the quote a day or two before the shipping date so they knew they had my back against the wall. To make a long story short they showed up a day and a half late and knocked on my door at 1am to pick it up. Overall just horrible customer service. The only good thing is they made very good time and dropped it at ADMs doorstep in 36 hours.

I’m still considering flying to Dallas this weekend to pick up the car just so I don’t have to deal with the shipping company I have lined up. I have hotels and flights booked in case they flake or try and raise prices. Hopefully this new company I’m tying for the trip back is better but I have little faith.
Good info, thanks. How long does the install take? If I drive down myself, which is doable, I need to figure out how much time I'll need to kill before I pick it up.
16CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:36 PM   #42
misterjaayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16CamaroSS View Post
Good info, thanks. How long does the install take? If I drive down myself, which is doable, I need to figure out how much time I'll need to kill before I pick it up.
I would imagine time varies from car to car and Andy’s schedule. This would probably be a good question to PM him. Mine took about 8 business days.