Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-22-2019, 08:24 PM   #645
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I went to Atco last night....

And since I was not racing I had a beer and a hot dog and watched the racing with a friend. But it was not a normal night as there was an event.

2018ZL1 was there with his superclean grey ZL1. Love the carbon fiber wrap on his lowers. I may try that myself! I think he was running 10.40s he said. Maybe he will chime in with a new PB.

Also there was another A10, a black one who was part of the ECS crew with a ported big TB, port matched, with a ported SC, E45, small pullley, Meth, LTs and a tune running 10.0s (he said, the runs were no time. If you can run 10.0s with that set up why go bigger?

And SnowBlind was there with some good runs.

Wierdly almost all the racing was no time. M
Old 07-18-2019, 07:08 AM   #646
Fraxum

I sold Big Red. It was a fun ride but I miss a manual. Drag racing an auto bored me a bit. Now looking for my next Camaro. No more new cars for me and instantly flushing $1,000s down the toilet. I now have owned and enjoyed the pinnacle of the Camaros, the best one ever and maybe will ever be built. Bucket List, check.

While I love watching the auctions, I don't want to go back to those days even in a restomod. Although restomods are way cool. If I ever build one it would be based on my first hot rod, a '65 Falcon Futura with a 351w that I built as a teenager. I would build that to a 408 and upgrade the suspension and brakes big time and add a modern manual.

Back to reality. My next Camaro will be a 5th gen 1LE or ZL1, or a CA6 2SS all with a sunroof, a must have for me.

And of course I will come back to Atco to race Pats Explorer. Game on!
Old 07-19-2019, 06:39 AM   #647
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I sold Big Red. It was a fun ride but I miss a manual. Drag racing an auto bored me a bit. Now looking for my next Camaro. No more new cars for me and instantly flushing $1,000s down the toilet. I now have owned and enjoyed the pinnacle of the Camaros, the best one ever and maybe will ever be built. Bucket List, check.

While I love watching the auctions, I don't want to go back to those days even in a restomod. Although restomods are way cool. If I ever build one it would be based on my first hot rod, a '65 Falcon Futura with a 351w that I built as a teenager. I would build that to a 408 and upgrade the suspension and brakes big time and add a modern manual.

Back to reality. My next Camaro will be a 5th gen 1LE or ZL1, or a CA6 2SS all with a sunroof, a must have for me.

And of course I will come back to Atco to race Pats Explorer. Game on!
Go grab a 5th Gen Auto slap a Whipple, LTs, and DRs and go run consistent 10s. There used to local guy over on the 5th Gen forum with that combo, watched him run 10:70s - 10:90s each and every pass. You could probably build that combination for 30k.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:42 AM   #648
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Didn't you buy back the ZL1 Pat totalled? If that's the case. You already have turbos, engine, tranny for a heck of a project. To bad about big red. I liked that car.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 12:24 PM   #649
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Didn't you buy back the ZL1 Pat totalled? If that's the case. You already have turbos, engine, tranny for a heck of a project. To bad about big red. I liked that car.
That was a 1LE. It was too much for Pat. His only experience was with Mustangs. I did sell the turbos. The insurance company got the car. The next car was the 5th gen ZL1. GM bought that car back. So that is how I got into the black CA6 SS M6.

What is cool is that now that I am toy-less I can mull over my experiences. I really was thinking another 5th gen, but lately my mind is changing. And while I want to consider any V8 Fun car the Mustang and Challenger are out. I have driven a number of each of them. Both are better cars, but the 6th gen is a better sports car and much more practical than a Corvette. So now I think I am being drawn back to an LT1 M6 SS. It is fast, great handling and not bad looking including the new ones.

So if I was buying right now I would buy a CA6 LT1 SS M6. But I am in no rush. So I am also going to consider a 2020 LT1, the fastest stock NA manual V8 powered Camaro ever.

While I loved the A10 ZL1, I think I missed a manual too much to keep it. I moved it just in time before the 2020s to come out.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:29 PM   #650
EMAX08

Drives: 2018 ZL1——2010 2 RS/SS
Fraxum for all of the great write ups. I enjoy read of your adventures. I hope you find a car soon! I too am a sucker for an M6.
EMAX08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:33 AM   #651
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAX08 View Post
Fraxum for all of the great write ups. I enjoy read of your adventures. I hope you find a car soon! I too am a sucker for an M6.
Nice to hear, I do enjoy this stuff. Maybe I can be the first to get a stock M6 SS into the 11s at Atco in mine-shaft air. My best before sadly was only 12.3. Keep dreaming........
Old 03-21-2020, 11:28 PM   #652
Fraxum

Staying in my house now self quaranteed I miss the days of this thread. It is pretty good reading with so many chiming in. I so hope Atco can open again and I can start a new Drag racing thread with my LT1. Let me know if you agree and when the time comes I will try to make it happen. And hopefully others can share thier stories.

I did save my 17" Dragstars and MTs.......

Be safe. Listen to the CDC. Remember we were born to survive. See you on the other side.

- Fraxum
Old 03-22-2020, 08:34 PM   #653
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Came back, saw that ridiculous blue writing, saw that the nice little message under the screen name is still there, made my day, lol!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:14 PM   #654
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Came back, saw that ridiculous blue writing, saw that the nice little message under the screen name is still there, made my day, lol!!
Funny! His posts do stand out. I have my car, I have DRs, but no track.

I will have to spend my time in the garage this summer making my LT1 even prettier. If that's possible. LOL
Old 05-07-2020, 12:08 PM   #655
Fraxum

Anyone have an inside scoop if Atco will survive and reopen?
Old 06-10-2020, 06:48 AM   #656
Fraxum

Just to be fair to Pat he won the battle. And by now he may have a 2020 GT with a Paxton. If he does then he still will win. I have to be happy with treeing him a few times or beating him when his Mustang is going sideways into second.

I do not plan to do anything more than running a Rotofab (Dry!) and my ZL1 DRs and a stock tune for at least this year. I am loving my LT1 the way it is. My goal will be to get good races with manual GTs and 392 Dodges.

And just maybe I can squeak into the 11's with my setup.

Right now Atco is struggling with re-opening. They know they have to keep us all safe. While we cannot stay in our houses forever we have to get back to some version of the past so people can get back to work. But at the same time keeping new COVID infections to a minimum. All of us are in this together. Stay safe.

Check out my LT1 telling me to go to Atco. Smart car! Did Chevy add that to the 2019 radio refresh? If that was you Al waving goodbye to us, Thanks! Just make sure the new Chevy EVs will out handle BMWs that beep in reverse.

(This was not staged. I got in the LT1 to try to find napkins and toilet paper and there it was.)

Last edited by Fraxum; 06-10-2020 at 06:58 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:17 AM   #657
Fraxum

Oh no, first the very sad passing of Becky and now this:

https://www.dragzine.com/news/new-je...into-question/

What will I do now Tuesday and Friday nights?
Old 07-16-2020, 04:43 PM   #658
Fraxum

I went to Atco Tuesday night....... Temp Tag racing!!!

I did not see many old buddies and good old Pat. :(

But I did see Snowblind with his lady and his Great Dane. He says he will bring his C8 to Atco soon.

I went to Atco thinking Maybe I can squeeze out a 2.0 60' and at least get into the mid 12s with my M6 LT1. Forget that, a 2.25 was my best 50'out of 2 runs.

On run 1 I launched just a little above idle and I got wheel hop and a 2.3 60'. I didn't really do 2nd hard on the clutch release and got a 13.241@110.36.

On run 2 I did a street start but hit 2nd all out at the red line. I was rewarded with the LT1 getting a little sideways so I backed off. That was a 2.31 60' and an ET of 13.156@112.09.

I think the run 1 MPH reflects I was so discouraged I think forgot to go into 4th and touched the limiter.

I did beat 2 Mustangs

I was going to try with TC on, but Atco got crazy crowded so I left.

In my loaded 2016 2SS M6 with just over 500 miles my first run ever was 12.7@115. And with a 2.0 60' ran a 12.6. Later with practice I was running 12.3-12.4s

Luckily I have the solution in the garage. The MT DRs I bought for the ZL1. They may be overkill for a stock LT1.

Also as to weight my 2016 was 3,685 with 1/4 tank. Since I lost 35 pounds since then I think my loaded LT1 will come in somewhere around 3,585 pounds. So with = tires and driver this should be good for a tenth for the LT1 over the 2SS. But not with the stock tires.

My first Temp Tag racing run #454 on the left below. Below that is my very first '16 m6 2SS run, the 12.7 and my best before I left was a 12.5.

Last edited by Fraxum; 07-16-2020 at 04:55 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote