Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-17-2018, 04:55 PM   #57
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Here is a picture after the Eibach lowering kit.

Name:  4F064095-4464-4E7A-8589-4A89FF30E645.jpg
Views: 1826
Size:  156.2 KB

Name:  288C3AAA-7250-4FE7-965D-DEA5832E5AB4.jpeg
Views: 1598
Size:  146.7 KB

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:49 AM   #58
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Finally got my GM Performance lowering kit installed about a month or so ago, along with the ZL1/1LE sways with end links and this is the best way to go, at least for me.

I have to say the ride quality is right on and the stance is perfect! After speaking with the GM/Chevy Engineers at PRI30 in December, they were the ones who suggested this kit and it only makes since. Before I use to lower my car with just springs and this kit comes with all new struts and shocks. To be lowered 7/8" on all four corners is PERFECT!!! Compressing the OEM shocks with other vendors coils will eventually wear those springs out sooner. The Engineers said this kit is made for this cars tuned suspension.

I couldn't be happier with what I have and it's money well spent. As they say, "Good iiish ain't cheap and cheap iiish ain't good!" You get what you paid for and to have this GM kit, you keep the warranty, quality and gain great looks and handling!
Awesome.. looks great! Can you say more about the handling characteristics compared to stock?

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:05 AM   #59
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Awesome.. looks great! Can you say more about the handling characteristics compared to stock?

Much improved, way way better! The handling is more tight and precise yet there is no sacrifice in ride comfort. I’ve had just springs before and doing coils with same shocks wears the shocks and struts over time due to the changed compression rate so to have everything all in one is the best application.
I have the stance I want as well as better handling. It’s the way to go and the GM Engineers assured me I would be impressed and I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2018, 10:17 AM   #60
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Much improved, way way better! The handling is more tight and precise yet there is no sacrifice in ride comfort. I’ve had just springs before and doing coils with same shocks wears the shocks and struts over time due to the changed compression rate so to have everything all in one is the best application.
I have the stance I want as well as better handling. It’s the way to go and the GM Engineers assured me I would be impressed and I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! What size are the new wheels (and offset)? What size tires?

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 11:26 AM   #61
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Thanks! What size are the new wheels (and offset)? What size tires?

I stayed with 20” having had 22” on my 5th Gen which really looks killa but the trade off at my age (61yrs) I can not tolerate any longer, and I’m seeing young fella’s even trying to sell their 22” so they can go back to 20”. My offsets are +23MM F and +43MM R
Attached Images

Last edited by chozn4service; 05-03-2018 at 06:30 PM.
chozn4service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:00 AM   #62
tom's2005gto

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 Convertible
Quote:
If shocks wear out down the road, can they be purchased separately?
Did you find out the answer to this? Or does anyone know the part numbers for the front struts?
tom's2005gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:08 AM   #63
TEST DRyVer

Drives: 17 ZL1 6mt with PDR
Quote:
Finally got my GM Performance lowering kit installed about a month or so ago, along with the ZL1/1LE sways with end links and this is the best way to go, at least for me.

I have to say the ride quality is right on and the stance is perfect! After speaking with the GM/Chevy Engineers at PRI30 in December, they were the ones who suggested this kit and it only makes since. Before I use to lower my car with just springs and this kit comes with all new struts and shocks. To be lowered 7/8" on all four corners is PERFECT!!! Compressing the OEM shocks with other vendors coils will eventually wear those springs out sooner. The Engineers said this kit is made for this cars tuned suspension.

I couldn't be happier with what I have and it's money well spent. As they say, "Good iiish ain't cheap and cheap iiish ain't good!" You get what you paid for and to have this GM kit, you keep the warranty, quality and gain great looks and handling!

Ok, here goes: there is a generational gap between you and I (I'm 42 years old, with the mindset and testosterone level of a 19 year old=). So chrome does not work it's magic on people my age and younger, the way it does on people 55 and older. Don't stop reading yet!
These are the BEST looking chrome (I don't think it's a standard chrome, but close enough) wheels I've seen on a 6th Gen or almost any other model car in a looooong time! It really suits the build and color of the car! I personally wouldn't run out and buy a set, but this is the first set of chrome wheels I genuinely appreciate in as long as I car remember! Bravo for liking chrome and having good taste... Chrome and good taste are usually an oxymoron to me, but you have proved me wrong, kind sir...
See, you had to wait for it, but there's a legitamet compliment in there

Esthetics: Nardo Grey wrap with original black accents throughout, complete Xpel ceramic coat, Diode Dynamics markers, Smoked GM tail & 3rd brake light, C7 Carbon 1LE style Spoiler in blk, ACS splash guards, blk'd out emblems. Variant Krypton wheels in Gloss black.

Performance: AWE Touring catback exhaust with resonator, Rotofab dry intake, TM throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers with Green Cats, Advanced Fuel Dynamics Flex Fuel kit with e50 blend and dyno tuned.

Current Family car (for the wifey): 2021 Audi SQ5
TEST DRyVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 06:08 AM   #64
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
I like the gurney flap, and I did progressive springs w/oem struts & shocks at 25,000 miles and am at 58,000 with still a decent feel. I will change dampners soon & brake pads.
Old 10-06-2022, 09:09 AM   #65
KindaOrange

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenB View Post
love the stance. I can still get in on a drive on lift or a two post without jacking it up.
Yoooo what spoiler is that?
KindaOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 03:45 PM   #66
cthompson07

Drives: 2016 hyper blue 2ss
Quote:
They sell the 1LE suspension kit for the MRC cars though.
Does the 1le kit lower the car as well? I was looking at this kit for my 2ss with MRC, but couldnt tell if it lowers the car as well.

https://wildhammermotorsports.com/am...eneral-motors/
Old 11-17-2022, 05:29 PM   #67
tlr3715

Drives: 2002 Z28, 2023 1LT RS Redline
Ordered this kit about a month ago and it is still on back order with no expected date of shipping. Anyone order this kit and could give a timeframe of how long it took to arrive? Also how much did the dealer charge for the install?
tlr3715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 08:37 PM   #68
buckwam

Drives: 2021 camaro 1ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr3715 View Post
Ordered this kit about a month ago and it is still on back order with no expected date of shipping. Anyone order this kit and could give a timeframe of how long it took to arrive? Also how much did the dealer charge for the install?
I ordered it in October and its still not here. GM has the kit on their website and on sale 25% off using code HOLIDAY25. Been thinking, may be I should cancel my original order and reorder with the cheaper price. On the GM accessories website, you can choose the dealership and it lists the labor charge for each.
buckwam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 02:33 PM   #69
buckwam

Drives: 2021 camaro 1ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr3715 View Post
It finally arrived yesterday after about six weeks. I have an appointment at the dealer on Wednesday. Installation costs about $500.
buckwam is offline   Reply With Quote