Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-08-2019, 07:39 PM   #183
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL1LE View Post
Shipped
Nice!! Was on the list to call them today actually, but did't get to it. Ty
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:47 AM   #184
Sakudog

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Selling a set of Vorshlag Plates for MRC car now, please check thread if interested.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557750
Ryker #29
2019 ZL1 1LE A10
2015 Z/28 #809
Sakudog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:19 PM   #185
BigShow1960
BigShow

Drives: 2017 1 Camaro + Chevy Avalanche
Mine came today
BigShow1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:47 PM   #186
BigShow1960
BigShow

Drives: 2017 1 Camaro + Chevy Avalanche
Were these suppose to come with a set of long and short bolts in case you have a strut brace? I just have one set that came with the camber plates. Thanks!
BigShow1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:54 PM   #187
driven2exceSS

Mmmm... I believe they will be making them all with long studs on the slide plate going forward. that was my take on talking to them anyways. The early sets came both short and then some shipped with one of each, which they are sending out long ones to those effected orders to bring them up to the universal spec in case of strut brace use (needing both to be long studs in this case).
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
Old 07-11-2019, 11:45 PM   #188
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
I'm going to bring up this topic again, when last time I asked if these plates allowed for quick camber adjustment, a few members said no, however when I read the website info it says the following;

"With this design you can easily adjust camber track side, with simple hand tools (1/4" hex key wrench). Camber adjustment is about 2.5° of added negative camber over stock. Caster has two settings, which we recommend not setting track side."

"So is camber adjustment, which can be done track side in less than a minute per side – just raise a front corner (tire off the ground), loosen the 3 nuts that attach to our sliding stud plate, and slide the wheel inboard or outboard to change camber. Tighten these nuts, lower the car down, and hit the track. The face of the top plate has alignment reference marks for the pointer on the "top ring" to easily see the difference between your “Street” and “Race” alignments, too."

So perhaps it's the subjective nature of what is considered "quick"?

Any idea how long the camber adjustment would take with these plates?
Old 07-12-2019, 04:20 AM   #189
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Adjusting the camber is easy, as noted in your quote. The problem is it's not that simple.

When you adjust the camber the toe is affected, so you then need to adjust toe as well. This can also be done trackside, but it's not nearly as quick and easy.

The net effect is it's not just a quick and simple thing to adjust camber trackside.

I haven't seen anyone post the actual amount the toe is affected, but it would likely be enough to prove detrimental to handling and tire wear.
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:49 AM   #190
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
Adjusting the camber is easy, as noted in your quote. The problem is it's not that simple.

When you adjust the camber the toe is affected, so you then need to adjust toe as well. This can also be done trackside, but it's not nearly as quick and easy.

The net effect is it's not just a quick and simple thing to adjust camber trackside.

I haven't seen anyone post the actual amount the toe is affected, but it would likely be enough to prove detrimental to handling and tire wear.
This is what Mr. Wyndham posted from his ZL1 1LE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Alright, so here's the initial results from a thorough (triple) alignment process at Tom Henry Chevy (thanks to Ray for his expertise, care, and professionalism!)...I'll post the full readouts as soon as I get home and near a scanner.

My car was aligned damn-near perfectly from the factory @ street settings. Rear camber was too positive, but not a big deal. When the the camber plates were switched from street to track setting, camber went to -2.8, and the front tires toed out by about .25º on each side. We took that toe setting in to Chevy-recommended .05. Your dealer can pull up multiple alignments for the ZL1 1LE.

I did 4 30-minute sessions at the full-course 3.5 Pocono track day, today. Unfortunately, it rained all night, and the morning sessions were annoying. It also means the tire wear was WAY down...But at first glance, it looks like the tires wore pretty evenly through the remainder of the day.

My suspicion is that the added toe out from switching the camber plates is contributing to accelerated wear on the insides of the tires. And Chevy doesn't want that much toe out to begin with...

...More to come....(including some PDR video)
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:30 AM   #191
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
"So is camber adjustment, which can be done track side in less than a minute per side – just raise a front corner (tire off the ground), loosen the 3 nuts that attach to our sliding stud plate, and slide the wheel inboard or outboard to change camber. Tighten these nuts, lower the car down, and hit the track. The face of the top plate has alignment reference marks for the pointer on the "top ring" to easily see the difference between your “Street” and “Race” alignments, too."

So perhaps it's the subjective nature of what is considered "quick"?
This could be a quick adjustment - once you've found camber and toe settings for your street use that you can at least live with and a track camber setting that doesn't drag the toes too far out from that. Neither camber-toe combination is going to be optimum for its intended use, just better than running a combination optimized for one purpose in the other activity.

I used to do the camber-swap-and-swap-back thing at autocross, though it was on car that had a SLA suspension where camber adjustments were accomplished by varying the total thicknesses of stacks of shims rather than clamping strut tops in different positions. With practice, it goes a little quicker, but I think if you're not actually competing for finishing position - out there mainly for the driving fun and the opportunity to push your car and your skill level - it gets a bit old. These days I personally just run a compromised setting somewhere midway between 'performance street' and 'track' and work on me to get better with that.

Norm
Old 07-12-2019, 11:31 AM   #192
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
This is what Mr. Wyndham posted from his ZL1 1LE:
Thanks, that's good info. What's the 'street' camber spec for the ZLE?

.25* on each side is .5* total toe out... that's a LOT (spec is .05-.1* total). That confirms the delta is large enough to require adjustment before driving the car.
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 11:52 PM   #193
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Thanks for the explanation!
Old 07-28-2019, 08:15 PM   #194
driven2exceSS

Anybody get their new long stud slide plate yet? Last I spoke with them (7/17) they were expecting delivery of the bearings that day, but santa in the brown suit didn't bring them in that days delivery. I hope to call tomorrow again...
Old 07-29-2019, 06:19 PM   #195
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Today's news.... they are in line behind some other parts. It may be a couple more weeks.
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:43 PM   #196
driven2exceSS

Thanks I obviously didn't get around to calling them today myself. Appreciate the update though