Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 06-18-2019, 01:26 AM   #43
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Have to agree. This PP2 is slower than the standard GT in any forum other than track, the Bullitt is extremely disappointing even slower than a base GT. New GT Manual is 2015-2017 slow. All failures IMO and not worth the $$$. Only GT even worth talking about would be the A10 PP1.
Those who have bought a GT PP2 seem to love the car. But I think it was undercooked by Ford. The A10 GT seems to be the best bet.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:50 AM   #44
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Those who have bought a GT PP2 seem to love the car. But I think it was undercooked by Ford. The A10 GT seems to be the best bet.
Yeah the people that have the PP2 seem to really love the car
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:38 PM   #45
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Yeah the people that have the PP2 seem to really love the car
The PP2 has stiffer springs and sways, and an updated MRC calibration to match than the PP1. It seems as though it really settled the car down quite a bit from the PP1. I think the PP2 guys are enjoying that, and it seems many are just switching the tires to something a little less track oriented. Which seems like a great plan if you want a tied-down handling Mustang, but don't really want to track it.

I really feel like the PP1 suspension should be the base suspension, and the PP2 suspension should be the PP1 suspension. With MRC, you can have a stiff setup, but a smooth ride. No need to compromise.

I do like the PP2 wheels, they look really good...
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:11 AM   #46
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
The PP2 has stiffer springs and sways, and an updated MRC calibration to match than the PP1. It seems as though it really settled the car down quite a bit from the PP1. I think the PP2 guys are enjoying that, and it seems many are just switching the tires to something a little less track oriented. Which seems like a great plan if you want a tied-down handling Mustang, but don't really want to track it.

I really feel like the PP1 suspension should be the base suspension, and the PP2 suspension should be the PP1 suspension. With MRC, you can have a stiff setup, but a smooth ride. No need to compromise.

I do like the PP2 wheels, they look really good...
Still Car and Driver called the SS 1LE the better driver's car and the PP2 the better car. After driving more late model Mustangs than Camaros I 100% agree.

And I think the base GT versus the LT1/LT1 would sort out the same way. C&D really torches the Camaro interior for ergonomics, materials and styling. Once again I agree. But cramped quarters is the price we pay for chassis rigidity and world class Camaro handling. All of them really in their respective categories. It is a crying shame this does not sell cars. All we want is to be coddled.

But I think Chevy abandoned the Camaro Gen 5 show car look too soon. That was part of the attraction of that car. I remember choosing between the first Coyote Mustang and a 2SS LS3. The Mustang felt faster, which it was, but the first time I sat in a Camaro (with the Orange accents) I thought "Wow!" That interior and that the Chevy dealer gave me $4K more for my Firebird sold me on the Camaro. LOL But can you imagine that look cleaned up a bit with nicer materials? I may get another one and try that out. Some day....
Old 06-20-2019, 01:29 AM   #47
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
For me there is nothing the Mustang has, any of them, that would make me pick it over a Camaro.
For me it was close but I picked the mustang. That's the great thing about having choices
Old 06-20-2019, 02:03 AM   #48
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
Coming from the Mustang world, I would pick the Camaro. It’s more of a car in any way.
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:01 AM   #49
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
Coming from the Mustang world, I would pick the Camaro. It’s more of a car in any way.

It's all in what you're looking for.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:50 AM   #50
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
For me it was close but I picked the mustang. That's the great thing about having choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
It's all in what you're looking for.
Initially I did pick the Mustang over the Camaro. I got hooked on the looks of the Mustang after I convinced my little brother to lease one instead of buying a used car. So he and I both got a Mustang. But I immediately regretted it on the drive home. It just didn't have the feel I was looking for. Sure I test drove it extensively. But I think I was drunk on the newness of the car and the looks and all the features that I was more joyriding than actually test driving. The things is tho that at that time I did not like the looks of the 6th Gen Camaro nor did I like how much more cramped the interior was. I remember all the text messages back and forth to a good friend about how Chevy should have done better with the 6th Gens and such. But when the ZL1 became available all that changed.

One thing I think about with these reviews is that the Camaro seems to make a bad first impression whereas the Mustang makes a really good first impression. At least from a comfort, drive-ability, visibility, roominess standpoint. Even with less performance it is hard to get out of a car with all those features and then get into something like a Camaro and not claim the Mustang as a better driver's car. These comparos are all based on first impressions and short term use of the car. If it were long term use then I think the Camaro would win out. Because after driving it for a while you really start to notice the cons of the Mustang. The Camaro, on the other hand, always has the same cons with nothing being added to that list. But, you can get used to the visibility, cramped space, etc. At least that is my opinion. Because it does seem like the ones who buy Mustangs and GT350s switch over to Camaros and ZL1s and Z06s more so than the other way around. Sometimes a Stingray guy might switch to a GT or a GT350. But it is not often from what I can tell. And usually those who have both seem to say the Camaro is the better car overall. I don't know...
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:27 AM   #51
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
It is the better car overall. I don’t want to say more about that, because I liked my Stang, but I definitely like the Camaro more. As I said, it’s more of a car and this doesn’t come only from me, but also from people who had the opportunity to be on the passenger seat on both my Stang and my Camaro!

And I will have to disagree with you @BlaqWhole, the Camaro doesn’t do a bad first impression at all! On the contrary I was between buying a 2019 Mustang GT and the 2018 Camaro SS and the looks of the Camaro was one of the things that convinced me to do the switch!
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote