Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-20-2018, 03:30 PM   #71
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Falcone View Post
Oneredry: I was concerned about them looking different... Did you order a second set of just the 6-piston calipers for the rear? And can they just swap out the factory 4-pistons, without any change in rotor, mounts lines, etc?

Maybe I just paint all 4 of them grey and put new decals on them. Mess with folks’ heads.

And to my main question: Has anyone painted just the front half of the caliper without taking anything but the wheels off?

Again, thanks for the advice!
I ordered them from then thatgmpartsguy.com which is now, hammermotorsports (I think) basicly they are just the take off calipers and its replaced with these. (I ended up selling them pretty good price so I made almost half the money back. nothing else to worry about.

if I were you, (this is my opinion) don't do it half assed. if your going to do it, do it right.
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:03 PM   #72
Marco Falcone

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible MBM/Kal
Thanks for the info.

Sorry, but did you do 4-piston or 6-piston calipersin the rear? 6 seems a bit like overkill. (I’ve had a Toyota Tacoma for the last 12 years with minimal mods. Cadillac STS before that. I’m WAY rusty at the hot-rod thing...). Thanks.

I agree with you on doing it the right/best way. I ordered the car on Tuesday of this week. This is the first car I’ve ever been able to not only buy new, but walk in to the dealer and order everything I want the way I want it. (And only the 3rd new car I’ve bought in almost 35 years of driving.)

Plus with a 2-month wait I have the time to save up prior to delivery.

Again, thanks to all those on the forum for the advice and experience. I want to do it once and do it right!

EDIT: Is it these from TGMPG: Rear 4-Piston Brembo(R) Brake Calipers In Red - GM (84300395)
Marco Falcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:12 PM   #73
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Falcone View Post
Thanks for the info.

Sorry, but did you do 4-piston or 6-piston calipersin the rear? 6 seems a bit like overkill. (I’ve had a Toyota Tacoma for the last 12 years with minimal mods. Cadillac STS before that. I’m WAY rusty at the hot-rod thing...). Thanks.

I agree with you on doing it the right/best way. I ordered the car on Tuesday of this week. This is the first car I’ve ever been able to not only buy new, but walk in to the dealer and order everything I want the way I want it. (And only the 3rd new car I’ve bought in almost 35 years of driving.)

Plus with a 2-month wait I have the time to save up prior to delivery.

Again, thanks to all those on the forum for the advice and experience. I want to do it once and do it right!

EDIT: Is it these from TGMPG: Rear 4-Piston Brembo(R) Brake Calipers In Red - GM (84300395)
yes that's the one. its the same, 4 pots to 4 pots, just the color matching the front 6 pistons.
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:29 PM   #74
Marco Falcone

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible MBM/Kal
Thanks for the confirmation.

I will order them on Monday, and they join my Range Device in my “Pre-Delivery box” of parts.
Marco Falcone is offline   Reply With Quote