I watched the Highlander movie....

It was crap!

bub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:35 PM   #16
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
55k for a new GS with the Z07 package will never happen. Isn't msrp on that like 75k?
Yeah I know and that is what I would pay.. 55-60k at most. Ihave seen them under 60k but without the z07 package.

Too much money for that when the 1LE is just as capable for much much less.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:44 PM   #17
dw760

Drives: C3
Also just to different animals, I owned a new 2015 C7-Z51 a year and sold.

To me the SS1LE is like a stock car, and think that's just Bitchen.

I now have my new 1LE and $15K back in the bank

D
dw760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:09 PM   #18
Nabush

Drives: 2017 C7 GS M7 / 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dw760 View Post
Also just to different animals, I owned a new 2015 C7-Z51 a year and sold.

To me the SS1LE is like a stock car, and think that's just Bitchen.

I now have my new 1LE and $15K back in the bank

D
C7 Z51 vs 1LE who wins for you as a driver perspective ?
Nabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:52 PM   #19
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabush View Post
C7 Z51 vs 1LE who wins for you as a driver perspective ?
Since I have actually owned both, recently c7 and now 1le i would say z51 c7 is still another class up from the camaro. The view and feeling is a bit more refined , a z51 is not much slower that a GS if you stuck those tires on a z51 and added CAI, and some tuning you wouldn't be off .
Attached Images

formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 04:20 PM   #20
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabush View Post
What kind of drive did you do ? By street you mean city or slow driving ?

I know the 2SS is good, but there must be a noticeable difference in sporty driving, perhaps less evident when you compare a 1LE to a GS

But on the track there is quite a big gap between the 2, at Virgnia International Raceway :

GS Z07 : 2min47
1LE : 2min 54

But you're right the price gap is big, that why i'm hesitating...

Note that i'll have to buy the cars cash since i don't have any credit history...so 20k more cash from my wallet is quite big... (i'll have to dig to see if despite having no credit history a loan would be possible for me since i have some savings...)
I am talking spirited street driving that would get me a ticket, so was able to get on it pretty good. For both test drives I was unaccompanied by a salesman. Obviously, its not equivalent to taking the car out on a track, but the general feel of the cars in terms of acceleration and flat cornering was very similar.
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 04:22 PM   #21
Zap city

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE, MN6, SGM
Love the new avatar formoutofchaos. That damn car is so sweet. As for the question at hand, I sold a 16 2SS to move into a 17 GS. While I haven't driven a 1LE yet, I did add bigger wheels and tires to my 2SS in the same size as the 1LE. Car handled great but did not seem as planted or precise as my GS does. The interior quality is better on the vette, though the seats in my SS were way more comfortible. As far as acceleration, my GS feels faster than my 2SS, but again it was not a 1LE so I have no reference point there. All about handling- goes to the GS for sure. Its just a lighter and more nimble car that sticks like no tomorrow. The camaro would break loose- not the vette, though I know the goodyears on the 1LE are much improved over the SS. The Camaro feels more modern with the updated electronics and such. The $64K question, which was more fun to drive? The SS for sure. I would really like to get some seat time in a 1LE to really answer your question fairly. As previously stated by another poster, the SS reminded me of a stock car and I agree- totally bad ass. As for subjective sex appeal, the vette just kills it.

Zap city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:58 PM   #22
NCSD

Drives: Nightfall, 2SS, A8, MRC, NPP,RE-71R
Quote:
Originally Posted by bub View Post
I watched the Highlander movie....

It was crap!

I see what you did there, thats funny....

"Shake and Bake"
NCSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:27 PM   #23
SpeedLimit

Drives: 2019 F150
If you drive a lot... the Camaro has been equipped with a wet sump oil system.
SpeedLimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:25 PM   #24
Steelankles

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I had a 2015 C7 z51 7spd and it was the best looking car i ever owned.
But i didnt like it wasnt fast enough for the money.
it ran 12.5 in 1/4
things i didnt like about c7
Seats are made for small people
gearing way to long its a 4 speed with 3 overdrives
tranny would not shift into 2nd for first 5minutes until warmed up. evidently common problem
roof squeaked and creaked
trunk button in dumb spot knee would hit it all the time

Now the 1Le i really enjoy way more comfy and feels faster.
Youtube: Steelankles
https://youtube.com/c/steelankles
Steelankles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:31 AM   #25
Nabush

Drives: 2017 C7 GS M7 / 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap city View Post
Love the new avatar formoutofchaos. That damn car is so sweet. As for the question at hand, I sold a 16 2SS to move into a 17 GS. While I haven't driven a 1LE yet, I did add bigger wheels and tires to my 2SS in the same size as the 1LE. Car handled great but did not seem as planted or precise as my GS does. The interior quality is better on the vette, though the seats in my SS were way more comfortible. As far as acceleration, my GS feels faster than my 2SS, but again it was not a 1LE so I have no reference point there. All about handling- goes to the GS for sure. Its just a lighter and more nimble car that sticks like no tomorrow. The camaro would break loose- not the vette, though I know the goodyears on the 1LE are much improved over the SS. The Camaro feels more modern with the updated electronics and such. The $64K question, which was more fun to drive? The SS for sure. I would really like to get some seat time in a 1LE to really answer your question fairly. As previously stated by another poster, the SS reminded me of a stock car and I agree- totally bad ass. As for subjective sex appeal, the vette just kills it.

I agree with you, the C7 GS kills the Camaro in terms of look..

Yes it would be relevant to compare GS to 1LE since there are major improvments in the suspension area in the latter.

In which aspect the SS was more fun than the GS ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSD View Post
I see what you did there, thats funny....

"Shake and Bake"
I didn't get it, it must be a reference to something a french like me with limited understanding of English or lack of american cultural references won't understand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit View Post
If you drive a lot... the Camaro has been equipped with a wet sump oil system.
??? Dry sump is better for track use and spirited driving, but it could be sometimes harder to check the oil level.That's what you mean ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelankles View Post
I had a 2015 C7 z51 7spd and it was the best looking car i ever owned.
But i didnt like it wasnt fast enough for the money.
it ran 12.5 in 1/4
things i didnt like about c7
Seats are made for small people
gearing way to long its a 4 speed with 3 overdrives
tranny would not shift into 2nd for first 5minutes until warmed up. evidently common problem
roof squeaked and creaked
trunk button in dumb spot knee would hit it all the time

Now the 1Le i really enjoy way more comfy and feels faster.
I Agree with you with the gearing. It think the Z51 worsen the fact since the first 3 are shorter and big gap into 4th....and 6 and 7 are worthless.... For me the standard stingray gearbox is better geared...(as long but at least no gap between 3 and 4).
Nabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:38 AM   #26
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Nabush, given your perspective, it seems to me, if you want the best bang for the buck consider the 1LE, but if the $s are not a consideration, buy the GS. No need to parse hairs.
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:11 AM   #27
Zap city

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE, MN6, SGM
It's hard to really explain why the Camaro is more fun to drive. Again, that is purely subjective. Before the GS, I test drove a Z51 MN7 I almost bought. The test drive left me cold and I was immediately glad to get back into my SS. The allure of the widebody kept calling and I pulled the trigger on the GS a few months later. The exhaust is so much better in the Camaro. For me that is a very satisfying part of the overall driving experience. Just changed the x pipe on the vette and still nowhere close to the SS tone. I personally love the seating position and window design on the SS and the way it feels like you are in a tank, but also I like anonymity when driving anyway. I never had a problem with the visibility in the SS and the majority of the vette guys always bitch about the Camaro in this respect- blown way out of proportion IMHO. I really think the vette might be more difficult to see out of the rear. And I miss blindspot monitoring which you don't get in the 2SS anyway. To address the gear box in the vette, I honestly thought it would be worse but don't mind the seven speed at all. I can't say I have a preference either way. No doubt in my mind that the vette is faster than the SS. The acceleration is dramatic in both cars but above 3500 RPM, its just fierce in the GS.

I'm leaning towards going back to an SS in the future. I really hope they introduce a 2SS with 1LE availability next year. I think that would push me over the edge for sure. I'm a die hard vette guy through and through having been raised in them since I was basically 2 years old and, counting the GS, I'm on number 5 currently. But the Camaro is just such fine all around car in so many ways. And for the price- forget about it. The value of the gen6 boggles my mind.
Zap city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:33 AM   #28
Chub2000

Drives: 2018 camaro zl1 , 2007 porsche GT3,
This is slightly off topic, but i have to say the the 1LE is the most enjoyable car that ive ever owned. It does everything extremely well and i can relax while driving and tracking it because it only costs $40k.
This is a big statement since i am life long Porsche purist. I prefer driving my 1LE over my Porsche GT3.
Chub2000 is offline   Reply With Quote