Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 02-25-2016, 01:31 AM   #15
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Reckon a dealer will be willing to give a better deal to a returning customer? Should I mention that in the email?
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:54 AM   #16
nvrsatisfied

Drives: 2016 SS
[QUOTE=Memphis43;8926583]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70454 View Post

No I'm not saying you shouldn't. If the car cost $5 I'd sell it to you. New doesn't pay my bills. It just pays for the enthusiast in me.

My point is this, on 40k you are fighting 4%.

On furniture you are looking anywhere from 80% to 150% markup.

I've seen instances as much as 200%.

That $3000 bedroom suite someone on here bought, cost anywhere from $800-$1200 to make.

I guess what I'm saying is in the long run if you are comfortable with a quote from someone and it fits your budget then why not?

I feel people get caught up in what's considered a good deal here instead of realizing how small that amount is.

This isn't a Tahoe or Yukon. Not even a truck for that matter.

I have no problem with people shopping for the best price actually. As I've stated before it keeps things very competitive. Drives the market.

You actually have very good advice here and I'm glad someone other than me finally said something about what these cars have in them.

Because that in the long run helps me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That 2k makes a difference in the amount financed and amount due at trade in. The impact will vary, depending on the finance rate when purchased. You do know how many people are upside down and in most cases they overpaid by trusting their salesman. It's the salesman's job to sell the car, it's the consumers right to fight for the best price they can get.
nvrsatisfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 07:07 AM   #17
joehouse

Drives: 1986 Trans Am
I am new to the new car purchase game, I just turned 25 and I'm looking to trade in my 86 trans am, but the dealers are low balling me with the trade in value, my local dealer offered me 10 k so I left, I went to a dealer in long island and they first offered me 12 and I said nope, when I was about to walk out they offered me 17, but again the car is valued by hagerty at 25k. they also wanted me to put 3 k down and I said no and walked out, I've never purchased a new car so I have no idea what's involved. But it seems like these dealers are so damn sneaky. My parents aren't going to help either cause they are mopar fans, so I'm doing this on my own haha.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:46 AM   #18
My87z28

Drives: 1987 Z28, 385cid, '16 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Reckon a dealer will be willing to give a better deal to a returning customer? Should I mention that in the email?

I did, and it turned out that that same dealer is the one that I ended up ordering from. They have a great local reputation. And honestly they were the only dealer that didn't throw some line of BS at some point or another during the negotiations.
My87z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 07:55 AM   #19
My87z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehouse View Post
I am new to the new car purchase game, I just turned 25 and I'm looking to trade in my 86 trans am, but the dealers are low balling me with the trade in value, my local dealer offered me 10 k so I left, I went to a dealer in long island and they first offered me 12 and I said nope, when I was about to walk out they offered me 17, but again the car is valued by hagerty at 25k. they also wanted me to put 3 k down and I said no and walked out, I've never purchased a new car so I have no idea what's involved. But it seems like these dealers are so damn sneaky. My parents aren't going to help either cause they are mopar fans, so I'm doing this on my own haha.

I love 3rd gens. I own a '87 Z28 that I know that I've put $20k+ into. I wouldn't expect more than 10-12k at the most if I were to sell it. It about the same as taking a late 70's early 80's Malibu and putting a crap ton of money into it, that model of car just isn't worth the much money. So no matter how much you do to it, it still won't fetch over 15k. However even if hagerty valued and insured your car 3rd gen for 25k, there's no way on God's green earth that any one but the insurance company will give you even close to that amount for the car unless it's a tube chassis pro-comp car with all the electronics in it. Sorry but the 3rd gens are not up there in value yet. Even a pristine unmolested 1LE IROC with less than 30k miles won't sell for more than 12-14k. If a dealer offered you 17k, he was certainly going to backload that into the new purchase you were looking to make. Otherwise he knows he was going to loose his butt in money.

On top of this, there is absolutely no reason they would tell you that you have to put 3k down. A new car dealer really doesn't care about that as long as you can get the financing. The only car dealers that care about that are "buy here pay here" places, and that's because they bought the car at a wholesale auction for the price they want down. It covers their cost, then your weekly payments after are pure profit for them.

Last edited by My87z28; 02-25-2016 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 02-25-2016, 09:54 AM   #20
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
[QUOTE=nvrsatisfied;8926706]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis43 View Post

That 2k makes a difference in the amount financed and amount due at trade in. The impact will vary, depending on the finance rate when purchased. You do know how many people are upside down and in most cases they overpaid by trusting their salesman. It's the salesman's job to sell the car, it's the consumers right to fight for the best price they can get.

I'm quite aware. 95% of people trading their vehicle are upside down.

Of course it makes a difference in the amount financed lol. Common sense will tell you that.

In most cases the customer never really overpays for anything anymore on a new car. Research is someone's best friend.

At the end of the day most people sign on the dotted line because they are comfortable with what they see. And that varies between people.

With that being said, from what I've seen on here, most people aren't really trading anything in anyway.

Honestly, with the Camaros popping up rapidly now, people should see a few rebates toward the end of the year.

We are probably going to start putting some in the select model bonus cash area but that can't be combined with the private offer.

Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:57 AM   #21
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:

You will never get what that vehicle is valued at by Hagerty. Those dealerships really don't want that piece as its not something they can turn quickly.

Those numbers you are getting are most likely from wholesalers that they can immediately turn the car to without losing money.

Your best bet would be to put it on EBay like I did my 71 Ford Maverick

Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 02:02 PM   #22
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis43 View Post
I want to see you guys haggle over furniture

You are fighting over 2 grand on a 40k car.

Imagine getting taken each time you look at your love seat because you did

Hey! $2K can buy a lot of cool shit.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 05:06 PM   #23
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
This method works. You are amazing.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 06:30 PM   #24
joehouse

Drives: 1986 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by My87z28 View Post
I love 3rd gens. I own a '87 Z28 that I know that I've put $20k+ into. I wouldn't expect more than 10-12k at the most if I were to sell it. It about the same as taking a late 70's early 80's Malibu and putting a crap ton of money into it, that model of car just isn't worth the much money. So no matter how much you do to it, it still won't fetch over 15k. However even if hagerty valued and insured your car 3rd gen for 25k, there's no way on God's green earth that any one but the insurance company will give you even close to that amount for the car unless it's a tube chassis pro-comp car with all the electronics in it. Sorry but the 3rd gens are not up there in value yet. Even a pristine unmolested 1LE IROC with less than 30k miles won't sell for more than 12-14k. If a dealer offered you 17k, he was certainly going to backload that into the new purchase you were looking to make. Otherwise he knows he was going to loose his butt in money.

On top of this, there is absolutely no reason they would tell you that you have to put 3k down. A new car dealer really doesn't care about that as long as you can get the financing. The only car dealers that care about that are "buy here pay here" places, and that's because they bought the car at a wholesale auction for the price they want down. It covers their cost, then your weekly payments after are pure profit for them.
Yeah, I know at this point I'm better burning the car to the ground to collect from hagerty haha, I'm willing to take a loss, but they have to do much better on this price of the car, they are trying to charge 53 for the car....
Old 02-27-2016, 03:06 PM   #25
My87z28

Quote:
Yeah, I know at this point I'm better burning the car to the ground to collect from hagerty haha, I'm willing to take a loss, but they have to do much better on this price of the car, they are trying to charge 53 for the car....

53k for a '16 SS? That's crazy, do they have that many options to make MSRP that high? If you are even remotely thinking about paying that much for a '16 Camaro then I'd wait till the '17 1LE comes out.

Personally I've never been a "bells and whistles" guy. I don't quite understand why some are willing to pay 50k for a car just to get leather, pretty lights, and some extra trim, only to be out run by the lighter base model that costs 35-38k for what is still a pretty well optioned vehicle. But is also to each their own.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:34 PM   #26
Capisce

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Thanks for the great write up. New guy here who has been lurking for the past week or so. All the information on these forums is invaluable. Currently driving a 2013 2LT looking to order a 6th gen SS.

Can someone please clarify for me the order of events with negotiating for an order?

Correct me if I'm wrong here:

1) Follow steps in this thread and get your desired price
2) Dealer agrees and signs off and orders your car
3) Car gets delivered and you either pay the agreed price from step 1 or less because new incentives might be available by the time it is delivered.

Thanks
Capisce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:42 PM   #27
My87z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capisce View Post
Thanks for the great write up. New guy here who has been lurking for the past week or so. All the information on these forums is invaluable. Currently driving a 2013 2LT looking to order a 6th gen SS.

Can someone please clarify for me the order of events with negotiating for an order?

Correct me if I'm wrong here:

1) Follow steps in this thread and get your desired price
2) Dealer agrees and signs off and orders your car
3) Car gets delivered and you either pay the agreed price from step 1 or less because new incentives might be available by the time it is delivered.

Thanks

That's exactly correct
Old 02-28-2016, 05:29 AM   #28
nvrsatisfied

Drives: 2016 SS
Also, it's best to go to the dealer at the end of the month. Most dealers will cut into the holdback just to meet the monthly sales quota.
nvrsatisfied is offline   Reply With Quote