Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 05-23-2019, 09:56 AM   #29
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
There is one car from the 80's that would for sure wreck any camaro

GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:58 AM   #30
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86 View Post
There is one car from the 80's that would for sure wreck any camaro

KITT would wreck any car!
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:39 AM   #31
Street Lethal
Tech Anarchist

Drives: GM F-Body's
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86
An entire paragraph which could be substituted with one word; inflation...
Umm, no. Inflation is controlled by the Government, whereas working conditions and salaries for the average Joe are influenced by the Federal Reserve via rate control and lending, and controlled by corporations. The rising cost of National Debt has nothing to do with average salary, and everything to do with inflation and unemployment. One offsets the other. Millionaires existed in the 80's while people were broke, little to do with inflation because it is a byproduct of recession, and base salary impacts the employment salaried tier, a la minimum wage. Inflation isn't the sole cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
Sorry, there were no 11 seconds anything with Pos-O-Traction F70 bias plys. To pretend otherwise is pure fiction.
Luckily for me, and being that we have a Motion-Baldwin Camaro in the family that was guaranteed 120-mph in the 1/4 received through the factory or our money back, I will take your words like a grain of salt...
Street Lethal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 07:02 PM   #32
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS View Post
The same demographic today, buy SUVs and crossovers....
YEP!!

And the newer generations don't care much for the automobile. They are more into AI and automation.

The glory days of American's love of the automobile have long passed. Back then it was a means of freedom, which lead to self expression by automobile design and performance. Now it's common place and expected.

This is one reason why I LOVE Disney's CARS so much. It embodies the old school American's love of the automobile days. And off topic, but seeing that movie come alive at night time at Disneyland is just surreal.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:44 PM   #33
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
My family owns a lot of land in Waimanalo (where PI was filmed). I use to rev the Ferrari all the time, my 440 Dart would eat that car for lunch.... So a 440 Dart was very fast and Mopar magazine used one to do very well in the one lap around America competition, and almost as well with a 360.. but we all know the 440 and some big tires made in an A body was probably the best handling dodge (aluminum heads and intake manifold please).

By the way any scene with a hammock is shot in my back yard. The Mason's estate does not have one, my uncle was the caretaker of the estate.
thats pretty cool.i have the whole series on CDs,much better than the copy they tried to foist on us on TV last year.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:11 PM   #34
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Mid 80's Countach was 455 hp but a bit over 4000 lbs. I was a little kid with a poster of one in my bedroom. Now, my Camaro would handily beat it and uses less than half the gas.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:33 PM   #35
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Mid 80's Countach was 455 hp but a bit over 4000 lbs. I was a little kid with a poster of one in my bedroom. Now, my Camaro would handily beat it and uses less than half the gas.
Same here lol

Sweet car

Rocky iv he ripped one
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:24 AM   #36
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
YEP!!

And the newer generations don't care much for the automobile. They are more into AI and automation.

The glory days of American's love of the automobile have long passed. Back then it was a means of freedom, which lead to self expression by automobile design and performance. Now it's common place and expected.

This is one reason why I LOVE Disney's CARS so much. It embodies the old school American's love of the automobile days. And off topic, but seeing that movie come alive at night time at Disneyland is just surreal.
True dat! My second son really does not care what he drives. He is more interested in game gear. He does like old chevy trucks...
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:10 PM   #37
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
My dream cars were De Tomaso Pantera, BMW M1 and Porsche 928 /944 Turbo. And is amazing to find out that now our 6th. Gen Camaros can out handle them and also be faster for pennies compared to those entry $$$$$.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote