Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-19-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
Ricardo@Phastek

Drives: the boss nuts....
Send a message via AIM to Ricardo@Phastek Send a message via Yahoo to Ricardo@Phastek
Thumbs up Borla X-pipe and Corsa Mufflers Fitment by Phastek Performance

How's it going everyone!

For a while now we have been getting the question about exhaust fitment, does "X" brand work with "X" brand?

For the longest time we did not really know because we like first hand testing to be sure we know what kind of information we are putting out there for everyone to see. We recently had a customer come to us with his ZL1/1LE wanting to change out his factory exhaust, now he already had the Corsa Xtreme Axle-back with Black tips, but wanted to add an X-pipe. Corsa unfortunately does not make a full cat-back system at this time so we decided to give the Borla X-pipe a try. Now we have not come across this combo before so we were willing to give it a shot.

The end result was great! The Borla X-pipe fit perfectly with out any cutting, straight out of the box onto the car. Lined up perfectly with the Corsa Xtreme system that was already on the car.

Here are some pictures of the before and after for you viewing pleasure and a video from our Facebook LIVE that we had when we were done with the car.

Side NOTE: Now before someone points out the clamps used for the Corsa system, they will be replaced. They were a temporary fix that the customer had prior to the Borla system and the proper clamps will be installed.

Ricardo@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:00 PM   #2
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Deleted my post instead of re-editing it.

Ok so I would be interested in doing this if I can delete the secondary cats with the proper Borla X-Pipe (https://www.phastekperformance.com/2...pipe-60606.htm) and not have to tune the car. My buddy did a Corsa system on a bone stock '17 ZL1 and it was loud but not enough for him so he cut the factory system and installed straight pipes to delete the secondary cats only. Car sounded a lot more aggressive and probably picked up even more ponies. He had no check engine light and didn't tune it either.

So for me it looks like Corsa Xtreme + Borla 60606 X-Pipe w/ secondary delete will be my answer. (Too bad Corsa doesn't just make an X-Pipe/full cat back system like they do for their Vette systems)
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:47 AM   #3
Ricardo@Phastek

Drives: the boss nuts....
Send a message via AIM to Ricardo@Phastek Send a message via Yahoo to Ricardo@Phastek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Deleted my post instead of re-editing it.

Ok so I would be interested in doing this if I can delete the secondary cats with the proper Borla X-Pipe (https://www.phastekperformance.com/2...pipe-60606.htm) and not have to tune the car. My buddy did a Corsa system on a bone stock '17 ZL1 and it was loud but not enough for him so he cut the factory system and installed straight pipes to delete the secondary cats only. Car sounded a lot more aggressive and probably picked up even more ponies. He had no check engine light and didn't tune it either.

So for me it looks like Corsa Xtreme + Borla 60606 X-Pipe w/ secondary delete will be my answer. (Too bad Corsa doesn't just make an X-Pipe/full cat back system like they do for their Vette systems)
I dont see an issue with 60606 fitting up to the factory location. From what we could tell the mounting point for a cat-back system that takes place of the factory secondary cats has the same mounting position. The Borla #60606 has a similar mounting position, so dont see any issue with it not working.

I think by deleting the secondary cats a check engine light will come up. Although the claims are that they are not monitored I have had the light come on with some testing that we have done. Same goes for the guys that are just doing the cat delete pipes, they are getting check engine lights from what I have come across. If I am incorrect, please someone correct me on this though.

Hopefully this answers your questions.
Ricardo@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:00 AM   #4
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Sounds like the only way you're going to get problems is if the welds aren't done properly or there's a leak else where. It's not rocket science to figure out that the secondary cats aren't monitored, there's simply no sensor after the primaries.

I'm going to contact Corsa when I get the chance and ask if they have a plan to develop a full cat-back that bolts right to the back of the primaries.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:59 AM   #5
onfire

Drives: none
Secondary cat delete on my 2017 ZO6 did not set a code with the Borla mid x pipe fwiw.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:42 PM   #6
breadwoman

Drives: FRS
Do you guys know if this set up with fit on a SS 1LE?
breadwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:21 PM   #7
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Guess I'll bump this thread with a link to mine...

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528893

The Borla 60606 + Corsa Axle Back works PERFECTLY on the ZL1 and I'm assuming the SS as well judging by this: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520164

Tags
borla, corsa, phastek, phastek performance, x-pipe