Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-03-2020, 12:20 PM   #1
Tenacity-99

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS (Red Hot)
Hardtop Convertible Camaro (Need Information)

So I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe during this COVID 19 crisis.

I wanted to ask you guys if you might know of any information on the development of a Hardtop Convertible Camaro that might be coming down the pipeline sometime this decade?

The Hardtop Corvette is awesome:

I didn't get the Soft-Top Convertible Camaro because I just hate that black top number one and number two, I use my Camaro as an all year round daily driver.

If I can get a Hardtop Camaro that would be fantastic. I'll jump on that immediately. Anybody have any information on when this option might be coming out?

Alternatively, anybody know if it's possible to convert a Camaro 2SS to a Hardtop Convertible?
Tenacity-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 01:13 PM   #2
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Well if you're really good at fabrication you could make one. Maybe adapt a mechanism from a Lexus?

Hard top verts are a 10k+ option typically. Would you pay another 2.5k+ over the ragtop for a hardtop? Mine is only up as a dust cover in the garage... or on the rare occasion I get caught in rain (3x in 2-3/4 years). So I'd rather put the cash into PPF and some 303 fabric guard.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 01:28 PM   #3
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
I wish they would have made the camaro available with a corvette style targa top.
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 02:56 PM   #4
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity-99 View Post
I wanted to ask you guys if you might know of any information on the development of a Hardtop Convertible Camaro that might be coming down the pipeline sometime this decade?
The rumors have the 6th Gen Camaro slated to end production in 2023. They will start production of the 2021 model as soon as work resumes after the current pandemic restrictions are lifted. It seems unlikely that we'll see a 6th Gen hardtop convertible Camaro. I guess anything is possible if and when they start work on a 7th Gen Camaro.
Mark114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 03:43 PM   #5
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Something in the aftermarket would have to come out. For the 2 years left of 6th gen production, it's extremely unlikely Chevy will offer one. After 2023, there may or may not be a 7th gen. It's been debated to exhaustion on these forums, but nobody really knows.

EDIT: Here's an example of an aftermarket solution. However, they've never released anything for a Camaro so far. They make hardtop conversion kits for soft top Mustangs, Corvettes, and some other makes/models. Some conversions look better than others depending on the original roofline.

https://www.smoothline.com/hardtops

Last edited by RenegadeXR; 05-04-2020 at 10:15 AM.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:35 PM   #6
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28pat View Post
I wish they would have made the camaro available with a corvette style targa top.
I’ve always missed the T Tops that were in my 83 Camaro, and love the Targa option on any car that has it. All I could do on Stephanie was a sunroof