Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-12-2020, 09:18 AM   #7785
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
And here I thought you were going to back up what you said instead of talking about some shop in a magazine. You know what dude, I honestly don't care to go on and on with you and your fairy-tale magical 1000 RWHP GT350s on stock bottom ends that are just prevalent in the streets. Its not worth my time.
If I posted or gave you anecdotal examples that I personally know of you would just say they are made up. There are examples, they are easy to find. You have no interest in that though, you argue your point to the death no matter how wrong you are and refuse to see otherwise.

"fairy-tale magical 1000 rwhp gt350s on sbe" lol I said they're stout to around 800 but ok, just happened to give you two extreme 1k rwhp examples, goes against your narrative so you dismiss it.

Never change man... hope all is well in the fairy-tale magical land of 200mph closed tracks
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 10:21 AM   #7786
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
If I posted or gave you anecdotal examples that I personally know of you would just say they are made up. There are examples, they are easy to find. You have no interest in that though, you argue your point to the death no matter how wrong you are and refuse to see otherwise.
Forget it. Everyone here knows its BS.

Quote:
"fairy-tale magical 1000 rwhp gt350s on sbe" lol I said they're stout to around 800 but ok, just happened to give you two extreme 1k rwhp examples, goes against your narrative so you dismiss it.
Right.
Quote:
Never change man... hope all is well in the fairy-tale magical land of 200mph closed tracks
Sure.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 10:44 AM   #7787
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:

Woooooo! I love it!!!
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:00 PM   #7788
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
And here I thought you were going to back up what you said instead of talking about some shop in a magazine.
fwiw i live about 2 miles from that shop. its not a fairy tale. i first met the owner around 2001, long before he was a "shop". they have lots of various flavors of mustang that are over 1000 hp. those cars are bouncing around all over the place here in the warm months.
Old 10-13-2020, 06:57 AM   #7789
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Forget it. Everyone here knows its BS.

Right.

Sure.
Everyone knows it's bs huh? Even though jvandy50 and s346k are also aware of some of these cars.... the one thing everyone here knows is that you're a joke.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:51 AM   #7790
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Quote:
Everyone knows it's bs huh? Even though jvandy50 and s346k are also aware of some of these cars.... the one thing everyone here knows is that you're a joke.
This forum needs a like button.

I hated my particular 350, but i still check the group out some so the fanbois don’t blow too much smoke up a noob’s ass about how ownership is rainbows and puppies. “Failure rate is less than 1%” is the worst, and most untrue, line used and abused over there.

That said, there is a boosted 350s group and those things are wild. I’d love a grabber blue whipple’d 350R...I’d just go into it knowing the car could spend a lot of downtime in our shop lol.

You either get a bad one or ya don’t is my opinion, many on boost lasting longer than stock motors.
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 10:17 AM   #7791
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

I'll be on the lookout for all of these 800+ RWHP GT350s on stock bottom end. I have a feeling I'll see a Unicorn, Big Foot, and Lochness Monster, and the second coming of Jesus first. But hey, there's plenty out there so I'll keep my eyes open. In fact, if one of you ever happen across one, take a pic will ya. I mean, they're just everywhere these days.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:55 AM   #7792
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
This forum needs a like button.

I hated my particular 350, but i still check the group out some so the fanbois don’t blow too much smoke up a noob’s ass about how ownership is rainbows and puppies. “Failure rate is less than 1%” is the worst, and most untrue, line used and abused over there.

That said, there is a boosted 350s group and those things are wild. I’d love a grabber blue whipple’d 350R...I’d just go into it knowing the car could spend a lot of downtime in our shop lol.

You either get a bad one or ya don’t is my opinion, many on boost lasting longer than stock motors.
Yea that's kind of the way I see it and the way I'd approach ownership. It can be a crap shoot luck of the draw, just make sure to be able to afford the car and then some, hope for the best but go in prepared for the worst as far as failures go.

..and ditto on the failure rates, they don't all fail but Lol at anyone pushing the 1% failure rate non sense. I think a gt350 owner needs to be informed and stay on top of the car as far as signs of anything going south. Definitely not a drive it and forget about it car imo.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:46 AM   #7793
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Yea that's kind of the way I see it and the way I'd approach ownership. It can be a crap shoot luck of the draw, just make sure to be able to afford the car and then some, hope for the best but go in prepared for the worst as far as failures go.

..and ditto on the failure rates, they don't all fail but Lol at anyone pushing the 1% failure rate non sense. I think a gt350 owner needs to be informed and stay on top of the car as far as signs of anything going south. Definitely not a drive it and forget about it car imo.
Yup, it's no Camaro.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:38 PM   #7794
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Quote:

agreed. if a prospective owner asks about the oil consumption "rumors" you will have no less than 20 people post about how they haven't burned a drop in the 700 miles they've putted around...then those very same people will blame the owner for not checking the oil or they think you didn't warm your car up when something goes wrong. just fawkin ridiculous.

they were giving the 1% BS line before that guy wrote that overrun article (that i can't pull up now) stating he was calming the hysteria through his research and that in fact less than 1% were CATASTROPHIC failures....meaning he didn't count it if you were burning 1qt/350 miles and they simply replaced that 3-legged gazelle.

he ended up on a 3rd engine, amongst other issues, and lemon'd that car...ohhhhh the irony
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 05:01 PM   #7795
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Yup, it's no Camaro.
For this current Gen I think GM put a rock solid bottom end and trans in the ZL1. Now this is something that is prevalent out there...lots of guys in the 800+ RWHP range. I'll be joining them soon. And a darn good amount well north of that. On stock internals and stock trans. I think that one dude that used to comment on here way back got up to around 1100 RWHP before his trans started having issues.
Old 10-13-2020, 06:13 PM   #7796
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
I'll be on the lookout for all of these 800+ RWHP GT350s on stock bottom end. I have a feeling I'll see a Unicorn, Big Foot, and Lochness Monster, and the second coming of Jesus first. But hey, there's plenty out there so I'll keep my eyes open. In fact, if one of you ever happen across one, take a pic will ya. I mean, they're just everywhere these days.
damn son. its time to come clean...where did the voodoo motor touch you?
Old 10-14-2020, 06:43 PM   #7797
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/thr...d-this.149135/

Buddy of mine sent that link to me, lol!! Yea I think I trust GM more than Ford, LOL!!

Anyway, one comparison I would like to see is the current crop of GM performance cars up against the GTR, M6, and others in the same arena. To me any comparisons against Ford are boring. Especially considering the price gap needed for a Mustang to keep up with a Camaro. And the Z06 is probably going to beat every Mustang in everything stock to stock. I think we really need better competition these days. I understand the rivalry has always been Chevy vs Ford but it's not interesting anymore if the competitor can't keep up.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:26 PM   #7798
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Looks like a lot of quality issues are popping up with the GT500. It seems like a lot of people are upset especially with it being such an expensive car.