Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 05-03-2020, 10:42 PM   #7225
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by IconicGT500 View Post
i paid msrp. is that hard to believe? my $ was down weeks after it launched at the auto sho..
I knew this was going to happen. Right everybody else in this world paid sticker plus 20K, but you pay only MSRP. Great how many times a week do you walk on water?

Even if it were true, you paid MSRP it is antidotal to the fact that the GT5000 is selling for far more than that. So stop talking about how much bang you are getting for a dollar.

I'll predict right now by the end of the year there will be an 700 HP @7200 RPM turn key twin turbo kit for the Vette, probably with large cam. That will be relatively cheap and offer unheard of performance numbers. Why 700 HP at such a high RPM, the reason is the DCT is relatively weak in terms of torque, it is also limited right now to 8200 RPM. So the engine will be needed to produce reasonable torque (low boost, that is wastegated at say 3 PSI in the midrange) and moderate boost at high RPM. The torque curve would be perfectly flat from 3200 RPM to 7200 rpm (it would be using boost to make up for the decline in VE) say 10 PSI at 7200 RPM. I'm not familiar enough with roots base supercharger to know if the bypass valve can be controlled. A centri should also be able to provide the boost characteristics that such a engine would need. Don't worry about only 700 HP, the C8 is light, the drivetrain is efficient and aero are great, and a perfectly flat torque curve yields FAR more performance than any peak number would indicate. i.e. it would yield far more performance vs if a LT5 was slapped in there.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:55 PM   #7226
oldman

Quote:
no. the c8 z06 may perform better on a road course, but its not getting it done in the straights. 600chp isnt going to cut it when 600rwhp c8s on drag packs arnt matching stock 500 times
you will need the zr1, as usual, to beat the camaro killer
What straighs are you talking about? Your delusional and it is actually against the forum rules to talk about street racing especially speeds that far exceed what a 600 RWHP C8 could do. Hope you don't kill a lot of people in this man quest to prove that you are the roll race king. If you are talking the Texas mile, or so salt flat race... it clearly is now going to be won by a GT500... LOL Now if you are talking long road courses, maybe, how long has the Mustang platform been out? The C8 has just arrived. Clearly GM can either do a titanium rod 7000 RPM plus Lt1 with cam in cam technology (call it a LT7), or a large supercharger controlled boost (the DCT is limited in torque), or I hate so say it, in fact sorry to say it a DOHC 5.5 that will put out say 575 HP for the NA version LT7, 650 for the low boost torque limited supercharger, about the same for the 5.5 DOHC. I think GM already knows which route they are going to take and one can rest assured that it will completely destroy the GT 500 "in the straights". Please enjoy yourself as the a dead cat can only bounce so many times.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 05-03-2020, 10:58 PM   #7227
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I knew this was going to happen. Right everybody else in this world paid sticker plus 20K, but you pay only MSRP. Great how many times a week do you walk on water?

Even if it were true, you paid MSRP it is antidotal to the fact that the GT5000 is selling for far more than that. So stop talking about how much bang you are getting for a dollar.
There was another troll that came here claiming he was getting one at MSRP. And he also ended up getting banned.

Maybe NOW you can get one at MSRP since the economy is in shambles and not many people are gonna spend $75K PLUS markup on a nonessential vehicle right now. I see several of them being offered at MSRP on CarGurus. I might call a few of these dealerships to see if they are legit. But I doubt anyone who already ordered and paid for one got it at MSRP. Even people who were long time customers were paying $1K - $5K markups. Especially the early orders. No way he got his at MSRP.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 11:10 PM   #7228
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
as fun as it may be, not everyone is looking to YouTube roll race their track cars.
At some point and I'm not a prude, this 1000 HP roll race on the street has to stop, as it will lead to the deaths of people PERIOD.
Now if there is legitimate Texas Mile or salt flat, or silver state (loss a fiend in that one), then maybe it would be a topic, but we all know it ain't going to be won by a GT500
Old 05-03-2020, 11:22 PM   #7229
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
There was another troll that came here claiming he was getting one at MSRP. And he also ended up getting banned.

Maybe NOW you can get one at MSRP since the economy is in shambles and not many people are gonna spend $75K PLUS markup on a nonessential vehicle right now. I see several of them being offered at MSRP on CarGurus. I might call a few of these dealerships to see if they are legit. But I doubt anyone who already ordered and paid for one got it at MSRP. Even people who were long time customers were paying $1K - $5K markups. Especially the early orders. No way he got his at MSRP.
You have a good point, we are in a different reality. I for one predict asset deflation as we will goto 40 million out of work. You are going to sell your toys to pay for the mortgage and even then you will be the worst thing possible as it will be the mortgage you should walk from and buy a condo in Arizona.

I talked to my baby bro, he is a full pilot at large airlines, we like and had 2 BMW 2000 and 2800 CS. We raced them for many years. I asked him how much would you pay for a completely restored 2800 CS? Say the guy dropped 60K into it? His response was 15K, mine is 3K. That is the new reality, you can't eat or live in your muscle car and people are going to sell it all to support their McMansions and then the McMasion price will fall too. IMO things like Muscle prices will fall 50 to 80% as people start realizing wants vs needs. The need is for me and the oldlady to live in a fully paid for 2 bedroom condo... but the want is to pickup a McMasion and filled my 5 car garage with classic cars. I'm lucky as I've reached a place that even if you gave me 5 classic cars, I'd probably keep only 1 or none. Many old people will come to the same conclusion. Asset price deflation is the true evil that we don't want out of the bottle.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:34 AM   #7230
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
At some point and I'm not a prude, this 1000 HP roll race on the street has to stop, as it will lead to the deaths of people PERIOD.
Now if there is legitimate Texas Mile or salt flat, or silver state (loss a fiend in that one), then maybe it would be a topic, but we all know it ain't going to be won by a GT500
I got nothing against roll racing or what Iconic does as long as it's done as safely as possible (more importantly, safely towards other motorists).

Gt500 will probably do real well in a texas mile, not so much in a salt flat top speed run lol.

I still want to see him race that stock cam, stock heads, stock blower zl1 that runs 9.5. Since it'd be "stock motor" to "stock motor"... ofcourse I'm asauming that his gt500 is as fast as the one with the current 9.5 record being that there isn't a stock motor car he can't beat.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 07:20 AM   #7231
oldman

There is no such thing as “stock” in the Texas Mile. Any mention of anything “stock” is laughable. My original tag line was “fastest stock ones a’int”. Has held true for 5 decades, why pretend now? I could hide 80 hp or more in a “stock LT1”, I’m sure the FI crowd could hide 200 hp in their “stock” ride. Who are we trying to kid?

So this guy not only buys cars for MSRP, but claims to have of the “fastest”. LOL. That’s rich.... Any statement about the “stockness” of any personally owned performance cars should be laughed at. Sorry that Mustang only crutch is worn out. If it left the showroom, the only thing one can say is it is stock looking, if that means anything at all. Too funny “my car is the baddest “stock”car”. You calling me a liar? Wanna race? Yeah, actually I’m calling Iconics BS.

Last edited by oldman; 05-04-2020 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:28 AM   #7232
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
I still want to see him race that stock cam, stock heads, stock blower zl1 that runs 9.5. Since it'd be "stock motor" to "stock motor"... ofcourse I'm asauming that his gt500 is as fast as the one with the current 9.5 record being that there isn't a stock motor car he can't beat.
Something tells me that his entire (short lived) visit here was to put on a show. I doubt he would race anything or anyone who might beat him. He doesn't seem like that kind of dude. Hence the reason he didn't come over here bragging and boasting until after he heavily modded his GT500. I would love to see him pull that shit on the heavily modded Hellcat boards. They'd send him running back to M6G with all the other wannabee hardcore racers who never seem to race each other.
Quote:
There is no such thing as “stock” in the Texas Mile. Any mention of anything “stock” is laughable. My original tag line was “fastest stock ones a’int”. Has held true for 5 decades, why pretend now? I could hide 80 hp or more in a “stock LT1”, I’m sure the FI crowd could hide 200 hp in their “stock” ride. Who are we trying to kid?

So this guy not only buys cars for MSRP, but claims to have of the “fastest”. LOL. That’s rich.... Any statement about the “stockness” of any personally owned performance cars should be laughed at. Sorry that Mustang only crutch is worn out. If it left the showroom, the only thing one can say is it is stock looking, if that means anything at all. Too funny “my car is the baddest “stock”car”. You calling me a liar? Wanna race? Yeah, actually I’m calling Iconics BS.
He was BS from the moment he stepped foot here. Everything he did was exactly what every troll before him has done. To top it off, he calls out everyone on the east coast but then wouldn't drive to NY to race a Demon. That's too far. He didn't mean THAT part of the east coast I guess. He must have meant the rest of the east coast.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:48 AM   #7233
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Dude lasted 9 days here.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:04 AM   #7234
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Wow thread blew up again over the weekend...

Quote:
yea, ill race him, if he wants to meet anywhere near 1/2 way.. 4 hours to gap a moron who has bailed on me 5x already is not logical
what about the zl1 1le's that you know were so confident to run me? im still waiting.. 14 weeks and counting me being gone for more than a few hours isnt hiding.. its having a life lol..
let me know when you have a real friend ready to race.. preferably a camaro since that wa supposed to kill the GT500
I told you none of this would happen. He doesn't have any real friends and I've never come across a bigger liar on any internet forum.

Quote:
You're making yourself look silly. People are seeing thru you. You and your Mustang friends come over here all the time with this nonsense. So we know your angle. You're trying to start shit, make a name for yourself, and show off for your M6G friends. Not gonna work bud. Go race some stock Vettes bro.
No he made you look more silly than you already make yourself.

Quote:
Yea, for people who don't drive over 180 mph.
Including YOU, me, and 99.9999999999999999999% of the population!

Quote:
nope. lol
you will never get the all around package the gt500 offers for less $. porsche level roadcourse and mid 9 sec 1/4 mile and 4 sec 60-130? for $80k? goodluck.
funny.. blaqhole.. where are all these cars you had lined up for me? certainly not GM cars anymore funny how you were caught in one of the bigest lies ever told on the internet. jalopnik would have a field day with this, maybe we should send it over
i said stock cmaro/corvett for a stock gt500. modded for me.. there are -0- stock motor GM cars that can compete - this is fact. cam isnt stock mtor, as it goes inside yes? weird how the mighty have fallen..
ill wait for a legitimate competitor. stock or modifed.. you let me know
ZL1/ZLE are definitely better on the road course. I agree that you said stock for stock and any modded car against yours, but I don't know why you won't race someone that has a cam? Doesn't make sense.
Blaq lives in his own alternate reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
What about the second lap? ...and you’re talking about the base car.?.?.?
Not even close. Blaq is just trolling the trolls.
:
On the second lap the tires are already overheated and it's around a second slower, as most tires are in 1-3 laps.
Blaq is a lying troll, correct.

Quote:
Hands down, any Hellcat variant would be your best bet. It is cheap and easy to do. There is a proven method. We already know the drivetrain can handle it. And you can get them fully optioned.
This I agree with

Quote:
Picked up this beauty today! Leftover 2019 Hyabusa!! I haven't riden at all in over 10 years. And it was a long day. Thank God there were a couple guys there who let me ride off with them. It was scary. I made a few mistakes including stalling in the middle of an 8-lane intersection...twice, lol!! But I got the hang of it quickly and made it home safely. This bike is mean and is definitely faster than any bike I ever owned before. Gonna treat her with the utmost respect and ride safely. Now I just gotta go all the way back to the motorcycle dealership to pick up my ZL1, lol!!
Congrats you bought it. FYI i never said you wouldn't buy it, I asked why you didn't when you said you were going to however long ago. Also this just further proves your utter stupidity. Haven't ridden a bike in 10 years, immediately buys one of the biggest and fastest bikes out there. Yeah real smart...

Quote:
to Iconic:
Well it depends on how much the car actually cost out the door? Let me guess you are the only guy who's sister married a Henry Ford Junior so you got the GT500 at cost. The problem with Ford marketing is, it is a scam, MSRP for just about anything else is you can roll a car for that or a LOT less. For any Shelby it is just a myth.
I doubt he paid MSRP

Quote:
I actually unblocked you just to see if you changed. And nope, you're still the same troll you'va always been. Do not question my profession bro. I have been doing this for 14 years. I make way too much money to risk screwing around doing dumb shit with everyone who comes on here looking to prove something. I've been well into the 6 figures for a while now. And trust me, at crisis rates, if this keeps up for a year, You wouldn't wanna see the collection I'll have.

I bailed on the C8 for several reasons, most of which pertained to my displeasure with GM catering to people like Speed Phenom and STangMode. But I am no longer mad at GM. I'm over it. A NA 495 HP Corvette is not going to be enough for me. I set my sights a little higher. Now I'm considering a GTR or something along those lines. We'll see what I decide in about 6 months.

I did. And drove it home tonight. What have you done in these past few months besides following me around? Nothing. You are the kind of person that spends time trash talking others while doing nothing for himself. In fact, every time you've trash talked what I have done or planned to do, you actually weren't telling me what I can do or haven't done...you were telling me what you can't do or will never do. In all this time, what have you done for yourself? You are a jealous, envious, arrogant, haughty child and you have nothing going for yourself. In another year I'll be done bought a house and added a GTR, and probably a Suzuki Boulevard M109, a Polaris Slingshot, and a Can-Am Spyder to my collection and you'll still be running behind me trash talking and doing nothing with your life. So let's see where we both are soon. I'm re-blocking you and I will not be seeing your messages again. Oh, and BTW, you can try to get people to quote your messages in hopes that I'll see it...it won't work. I noticed when you did that the first time and now I completely scroll past anything pertaining to you, lol!! Enjoy replying back. Maybe I'll see it at some point and we'll see where life has put us. Little advice, do not battle up. I am clearly above you in every way. Bye bye.
No one freaking cares how much money you make. You have clearly proven to be a too good, rich prick with no friends, congratulations. This just further proves how shitty of a human you are. Don't lie about things and you won't get called out. Plain and simple!
I've done plenty well, I'll never be jealous of someone like you, and I have lots of friends unlike you. Way to run and hide again, like you claim everyone else does in your alternate reality.

Quote:
Lol.. The 92k cftp is the one that's giving Posrche level road course performance not the base, keep it real. The cftp is definately a track monster, I mean it almost went as fast as the 70k camaro zl1 1le when they've gone head to head

You keep saying the cam thing man, if Mike didn't have a cam but was running E, the same pulley as you and a tire like you he'd probably still be pulling on you lol. You seem like a cool guy, don't be a sore loser, put some cams in that thing and watch them not do anything.

You keep saying nothing stock motor can run with you but there's a stock babay 1.7L lt4 blower, stock cam, stock heads, zl1 running 9.5s.... aka the same as the fastest gt500.. and for 80k or less... weird how you ignore that. Just because you haven't raced them doesn't mean their not out there.
I almost always agree with everything you post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
Regarding the GT500, I somewhat share Iconic's philosophy of what really matters is what real people can do with them in real life. I don't care so much about straight line racing as I'm pretty obsessed with laptimes, hence the no brainer of going with a ZLE in 2019. The jury is still out on how the GT500s hold up on track days. Will they dominate even in the hands of mid to advanced level drivers lap after lap? I really do hope so. If I regularly have to point by a GT500, while passing everything else, there's a good chance I'll be trading in the ZLE for the competition. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they do in HPDEs.

Given the current pattern of GM performance cars, it looks like I'll be going from Z06 to ZL1 to Z06... but I want alternatives! Ford may finally be giving me one with the GT500. Hope so.

We need Ford and Chevy to continue to one up each other. We need camaro and mustang owners switching over constantly because the latest from the other side is truly better... not just better because "Ford" or "Chevy".
I am also obsessed with laptimes and doubt we will be seeing many GT500s out there with us.

Quote:
i paid msrp. is that hard to believe? my $ was down weeks after it launched at the auto show.
slow and steady wins the race!?? That sure does seem like the camaros motto.. but it has never won a race lololol
face it. 2nd place isnt bad, right where the dead camaro belongs..
It is hard to believe man and #roadcourse.

Quote:
What straighs are you talking about? Your delusional and it is actually against the forum rules to talk about street racing especially speeds that far exceed what a 600 RWHP C8 could do. Hope you don't kill a lot of people in this man quest to prove that you are the roll race king. If you are talking the Texas mile, or so salt flat race... it clearly is now going to be won by a GT500... LOL
Everyone is talking about Mexico and you know it

Quote:
You have a good point, we are in a different reality. I for one predict asset deflation as we will goto 40 million out of work. You are going to sell your toys to pay for the mortgage and even then you will be the worst thing possible as it will be the mortgage you should walk from and buy a condo in Arizona.
He has a good point? Did you read how he's buying a huge house and like 10 new toys? That's exactly the opposite of what you're saying!
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:25 AM   #7235
oldman

Quote:
He has a good point? Did you read how he's buying a huge house and like 10 new toys? That's exactly the opposite of what you're saying!
Many people in a deflationary period can buy lots of assets on the cheap. What are mortgage rates now for 30 yr. 2.7%. It was like 17% under Carter. The 40 million that will out of work by month end will mean 80 million families. There are lots of people that will sell everything to afford the McMansion, max the credit cards, and still sink as the McMansion is the anchor around their neck. Unfortunately we will probably have Japan style deflation, and it will be here for the rest of my life. I would expect pennies on the dollar for muscle cars from classics to last year's model. I will expect helichopter Ben solution to pouring money into the economy. I expect said solutions to fail because it is the mortgage that sinks the family not the jet ski or the race bike. My graduate degree and field is workforce. Sure nobody agrees with me now, the inflation demon and fiscal responsibility...the reality is when it comes to buying basic food stuff, nothing else matters and the hungry mad populace is coming after your stuff via the tax code, just like under FDR and the great depression. IMO we better turn into Sweden real quick and if you are old, fat, high blood pressure, diabetic, bout time to bring your BMI to normal levels and hope for the best, cause there ain't no goverment or universal healthcare silver bullet.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:29 AM   #7236
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
JA, you're all caught up. Well done.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:35 AM   #7237
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
So why was Iconic banned? Need to make sure I never break the political rules here, ha!
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:38 AM   #7238
oldman

Well one good thing came about this, two actually:
1) The GT500 is end of life setup. It is too expensive, probably too problematic, and too heavy for front engine RWD.
2) There will be either a NA high stoker / RPM solution or a turbo or centri solution for the C8 soon via the aftermarket, due to the torque limit of the DCT (7500 RPM and 590 ft-lbs).

Do I believe Hennessy's 1200 HP C8... right.