Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 06-28-2017, 08:58 AM   #1
Pderieu

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT 2.0L
Dim convenience & lighting package / display?

Hello,

I purchased the Gen5diy RS headlights for my 2016 Camaro 2LT 2.0T.
I installed them exactly to the diagrams/pics provided, they work perfectly. However I've noticed over the last month that the interior display is extremely dim at certain points during the day. The display, and all control lights are at about 1/3 brightness occasionally. Then when the sensor finally triggers the display and all the control lights go back to normal.

I also have the convenience and lighting package also and the leds are almost non existent during the day, especially the one above the display. The sides look to be about 1/2 as bright as they should be but the center one is not even visible during the day.

This issue has only started since the installation of the headlights. I believe it's possible that since the headlights lights tap into the accessory power with the harnesss that the interior lights are not getting enough power. I have not tested the interior lights with the headlights cable removed but I'm going to test it. The only other thing I'm thinking is it could possibly be a bad battery, although I'm yet to run into any other electrical issues.

Has anyone had any issues with the convenience and lightning package being dim or the display not being bright?
Pderieu is offline   Reply With Quote