Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 06-05-2017, 05:09 PM   #1
Alexhartang

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Exclamation Help! Dealer has no idea whats wrong with my 2016 2SS

I have two questions that I have not been able to find answers to in any of the threads or searches I browsed. Three weeks ago I purchased my first Camaro, a 2016 2SS, and I LOVE it. Only got on her hard a couple times, and for 90% of the time, I drive her gently. Last week, the day my dealer plate expired (May 31st), I had my first issue. As I was merging onto the interstate, at about 45 MPH, my tachometer, speedometer, and HUD stopped working. Now, they were still lit up, but the spedo read 0mph, the tach 0rpm, and the HUD 0mph. Then the DIC gave me a "service stabilitrak" notification, the stabilitrak light popped on as well as the CEL and one other (im going to attempt to post a picture). Right when that happened, the car started struggling to stay at 50-55mph, and almost felt like it was in limp mode. Luckily I was already on my way to the dealer to pick up my second key fob and was only a few minutes away, so i limped the car there. They have had my car since the 31st, and have no idea whats wrong, since the car only replicates it for them for a small amount of time. Independently all of these issues seem like they could have an easy fix, but they all happened together. Anyone have any tips or ideas what it might be?

Now my concerns. I have done zero performance mods to the vehicle. I have only swapped out stock red tail lights for the GM OEM clear performance tail lights, and threw LED reverse bulbs in them. I only had the car for 12ish days before this issue popped up, and the car only has 2800 miles. I have no idea how to deal with the dealer because they are having a hard time figuring out what the issue is, and I just want my car back so I can enjoy it. Any tips or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Hope to post much more in the future.

PS- picture is at about 50-55mph on the highway.
Attached Images

Last edited by Alexhartang; 06-05-2017 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Spelling
Alexhartang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:40 PM   #2
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
Best not to repeat the same thread over and over.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:36 PM   #3
miketan

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
Try escalating the issue by contacting GM to get a ticket # for the issue and they will keep the dealership moving forward. Also if you are worried about the quality of the rest of your vehicle I think the lemon law allows 30 days at the dealer than you can return it.
miketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:23 PM   #4
NewCamaroOrder

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray 1LE
You might consider undoing the tail light changes you made. It sounds like it might be electrical or ECU related. Maybe something is grounding or being weird.

If a problem occurs shortly after a change, I return what I did to stock to see if it goes away. Just a thought. It might have nothing to do with your issue.
NewCamaroOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:19 PM   #5
Alexhartang

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Thanks for the responses, I am calling GM In a Few minutes to press further.
Alexhartang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:09 PM   #6
Beast-Y-Blue

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro turbo
May be not the same issue but today my tachometer stopped working when I started the car. turned it off twice before heading to work, and it did not move. later on about 5hours later decided to start the car again, now the tachometer is working. very weird but found that it happened to other members as well. again I'm not sure if its related to your issue since both your speedometer and tachometer wasn't working at the same time.
Beast-Y-Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:48 AM   #7
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketan View Post
Try escalating the issue by contacting GM to get a ticket # for the issue and they will keep the dealership moving forward. Also if you are worried about the quality of the rest of your vehicle I think the lemon law allows 30 days at the dealer than you can return it.
If the problem doesn't happen long enough for the dealership to properly diagnose it calling GM won't do much, all they're going to do is repeat what the dealership tells them.

Lemon laws vary state to state as far as the days the vehicle is out of commission due to an issue.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:02 AM   #8
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
I'd start with undoing the things you just did. Seems like a no brainer to me.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote