Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-16-2017, 06:08 PM   #1
alini

Drives: 2016 Camaro Hyper Blue 2SS
2016 so sick of the intermittent problems

I dont come around here much, but today I have to vent a bit. Ive had my car a bit over a year. Every problem I have had with the car has been intermittent and I cant get any dealership help because they cant duplicate the problems. When I can get them to duplicate and head to the dealer while its acting up I get turned away from the dealerships in town because their day is half way through and no one has time to look at the car to even admit I have a problem, their schedule appointments (which they are always behind on) take priority.

My dash will not work if the interior is left unprotected in the Vegas summer heat. Nothing like not knowing your engine temp, oil pressure or how much gas you have. By the time I get to the dealer the car interior has cooled off and there is nothing to show them.

My Drivers side AC (I have dual zone) blows full hot periodically. I found if I wiggle the wires to the specific door actuator in the system will duplicate the problem....but because I get to the dealer and temps are fine they blow me off. I stopped in the parts department and got a parts breakdown pic so I could maybe swap out the harness myself....its available but will take a few days to come in. But I shouldnt have to fix a car thats under warrantee.

I have had the dash reset it self numerous times. I set the pages I want to see and when I get in the car, its reset and other pages are displayed or not available

My ambient lighting in the doors will not work. Get in the car and its a crap shoot if they will work, and as always when I go to the dealer....its working fine

These are all minor issues, but the amount of times it happens and the lack of attention from the dealers have driven me nuts. I'm almost to the point of saying screw it and trading it in for something else.

I have the manuals coming from Helm, I always have the service manuals for the cars I own so I can do things myself but these local dealers have pissed me off about driving a Chevy product
1937 Chevy truck. Full custom. Build in work
https://www.teamalini.com
alini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:16 PM   #2
pslights

Drives: 2016 2SS
I know for some of your issues it wont help, but have you taken a video of the dash being out or the door lighting, it may help and show the issue. not sure what you could do about blowing hot air
Old 06-16-2017, 06:51 PM   #3
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
laser thermometer, bonus if you can get the temp adjustment lcd in frame at the same time as the gun's as the temp fluctuates.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:37 PM   #4
mrtoner

Drives: 2016 SS Nightfall Gray
Man that sucks! It sounds like a bad connection somewhere for it to be intermittent, especially since it happens when hot.

I live in Vegas also but not had any electrical/electronic issues (I don't count a headlight bulb as an electrical issue)

mrtoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:56 AM   #5
Molasar
Stormtrooper Edition

Drives: 2016 2SS
Consider getting a video of the problems, grab yourself a cheap $10 temp gun on ebay.

Could it be some pinched wires?
Molasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:23 AM   #6
SSSHYBOY

Drives: 2SS convertible, black,black
Ok; I will start in jest.. Hire a Vegas model to come over to the service rep with you while the problem is "active"; the rep will take the time to verify the problem.. In reality, the problem is "communication" with the service rep.. Call up or visit in person; get the name of the service manager and explain the problem. Ask nicely if you can have him/her ( at least) take a look at it while the problem exists and write it up... Time for sweet talk.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:35 AM   #7
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by alini View Post
I dont come around here much, but today I have to vent a bit. Ive had my car a bit over a year. Every problem I have had with the car has been intermittent and I cant get any dealership help because they cant duplicate the problems. When I can get them to duplicate and head to the dealer while its acting up I get turned away from the dealerships in town because their day is half way through and no one has time to look at the car to even admit I have a problem, their schedule appointments (which they are always behind on) take priority.

My dash will not work if the interior is left unprotected in the Vegas summer heat. Nothing like not knowing your engine temp, oil pressure or how much gas you have. By the time I get to the dealer the car interior has cooled off and there is nothing to show them.

My Drivers side AC (I have dual zone) blows full hot periodically. I found if I wiggle the wires to the specific door actuator in the system will duplicate the problem....but because I get to the dealer and temps are fine they blow me off. I stopped in the parts department and got a parts breakdown pic so I could maybe swap out the harness myself....its available but will take a few days to come in. But I shouldnt have to fix a car thats under warrantee.

I have had the dash reset it self numerous times. I set the pages I want to see and when I get in the car, its reset and other pages are displayed or not available

My ambient lighting in the doors will not work. Get in the car and its a crap shoot if they will work, and as always when I go to the dealer....its working fine

These are all minor issues, but the amount of times it happens and the lack of attention from the dealers have driven me nuts. I'm almost to the point of saying screw it and trading it in for something else.

I have the manuals coming from Helm, I always have the service manuals for the cars I own so I can do things myself but these local dealers have pissed me off about driving a Chevy product
Call these guys

844-869-9473

They deal with a lot of high temp/ambient heat maintenance problems, (they also deal with a lot of fleet customers).

If this doesn't work follow SSS's advise, Halter tops have moved Mountains, per se

It sounds like you have a few unrelated issues going on.

My WAG is that a BCM was bad from the factory.

I've seen ambient head(over 100) kill electronics.

Try to keep the car out of the brutal desert heat.

Good luck
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote