Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-21-2024, 08:30 PM   #43
speedyink1

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS 1LE 6MT
I just chain my car to the garage so that when I need to go to the grocery store I drag my garage along with me. Problem solved.
speedyink1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 05:49 AM   #44
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
GM is responsible here. It is an exploit of their lack of security and they are solely responsible for fixing it.

But yes, protect yourself and install an anti-theft solution in the meantime. And realize that protecting your car from thieves with your life is pretty stupid. Don't welcome the chance to get car jacked. If someone has the drop on you, this isn't a video game. Don't be stupid. In most states you can't use deadly force to deter theft of your vehicle unless you're in the car being car jacked. But if you aren't paying attention or you're out numbered is it really worth risking your life for a Camaro?
Old 03-23-2024, 01:42 PM   #45
MyNameIs
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMCWORTH View Post
They used to hang Horse thieves, now they let car thieves walk in 2 weeks or less. The problem is our fvcked up justice system.
MyNameIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:10 PM   #46
MyNameIs
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS
So how many of you contacted GM Customer support like I asked you to a few weeks ago. I left the contact # and everything.
MyNameIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:16 PM   #47
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
GM has never responded to AFTER the sale issues AFAIK unless the government makes them. I dealt with customer support a few months ago over a known issue and they were practically useless to help, all I wanted was a scheduled time to make the repair. If they can't even pull that off, I have zero faith they will do anything about this.
Old 03-23-2024, 03:20 PM   #48
IndyZrider

Drives: 21 SHOCK ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
GM is responsible here. It is an exploit of their lack of security and they are solely responsible for fixing it.

But yes, protect yourself and install an anti-theft solution in the meantime. And realize that protecting your car from thieves with your life is pretty stupid. Don't welcome the chance to get car jacked. If someone has the drop on you, this isn't a video game. Don't be stupid. In most states you can't use deadly force to deter theft of your vehicle unless you're in the car being car jacked. But if you aren't paying attention or you're out numbered is it really worth risking your life for a Camaro?
that's the question the thieves should be asking themselves...you let the thieves do what they want with your car....ill do what i want to protect my property....this mentality is exactly why we are in this situation...we worry about the "legality" of it....there comes a point in your life where youve just had enough of the nonsense....its up to each person to decide that for themselves....
IndyZrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:26 PM   #49
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
I remember 10-15 years ago, there was a surge in car theft, and there was a guy that tried to take a running with keys in it minivan locally, the owner saw the guy getting in, grabbed his shotgun, and practically blew the guys knee off.

Wonder if he is still stealing cars.

I think the owner had his shotgun handy in case this happened....

I remember thinking it almost seemed like he had set a trap.
Old 03-23-2024, 04:42 PM   #50
L2SS455

Drives: VOM 2022 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
So how many of you contacted GM Customer support like I asked you to a few weeks ago. I left the contact # and everything.
I did. See my posts. JLR did an security update for all 2016 cars on Free, so it can be done. GM will wait until this blows up in their face like the OnStar suit for privacy, then fix it.
L2SS455 is offline   Reply With Quote