Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-22-2024, 01:27 PM   #43
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
You (and others) have it backwards, Leonard: based on what I see in the forums and my own stance, most of us don't prefer the 2016-2018 because we have them; we have them because we prefer them in the first place. Very little if any ownership bias---if the 2023 or 2024 had anything that feels like a serious upgrade that GM put some thought into, say, the LT5 or at least an upgraded supercharger and maybe interior, we'd be much more seriously tempted to trade. Unfortunately, $15K sticker packages don't really give me the warm and fuzzies.

So this isn't about rationalizing our purchase, but rather acknowledging that the upgrade path is not really a "grade up" from what we already have. I could drive to a dealership that has Camaros in stock right now and buy another one, but the thought doesn't even occur to me.

This is just as fair as the opinion of dual pre- and post-refresh Camaro owners you are calling for, and even more fair than those "OMG the A10 is night and day better", "I'll never buy a vehicle with the A8" etc. statements.
Arpad pretty much nailed it. Not enough in the way of improvements to sway me to change. Add to that the fact that there was only one year for the Fifty and you have my answer. If I got another Camaro it would be plus, not replace.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 01:42 PM   #44
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abubaca View Post
To be fair to Arpad and the rest of us 16-18 owners, the post did directly ask us for our opinion. To be fair to LeonardS, there IS obvioulsy going to be some bias. I think the question really needs to be broken down into an objective list of pros and cons. I'm not going to do that here, but some WILL see the later model as an upgrade, some will not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabjbr View Post
Don’t have experience with the 16-18 but here’s my biased opinion…

I used to prefer the 16-18 SS over the 20-24 front but now find them equally attractive. The ZLE front still looks best to me.

The new models have an arguably better transmission and new infotainment center. If you track your car, the newer car has supposedly better TC programming that reduces ice mode when.

You're the only one that can decide if the newer car makes sense.
There’s a lot to be said for how the question is asked. The question asked who would give up their 16-18 for a 19-24. If the question was framed “If you are buying a new car, would you prefer the 16-18 or the 19-24? If I did not have a Camaro and was buying a new to me Camaro, I would probably consider a 20 - 24 to get the better AT (if I was going AT), camera mirror (the reason HomeLink was deleted, btw). And better infotainment system. That’s one answer.

But because I own a 16-18, I take the question as “would I replace my car with a 19-24”. The answer is no for th reasons I stated in my previous post..
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote