Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Phastek Performance

View Poll Results: How much would you pay?
Nothing - I'm out of here... 45 93.75%
$5 1 2.08%
$10 0 0%
I will pay whatever to play COD... 2 4.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #15
bigearl

Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaber99 View Post
I don't think they use dedicated servers for COD. At least for the Xbox 360, I think the console with the best connection is assigned the host.

Not sure about PC and PS3 versions.

Then it's definitely not worth the money if that's how it's going to work. If they are hosting to make sure the connection is as close to perfect as possible, then ya-I'd consider it.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #16
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Ban all the damn hackers, tone down the noob tubes (and most of the weapons), and get rid of deathstreaks. That's all you need to do to make me happy.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:49 AM   #17
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
If this monthly fee came to Xbox, I'd stop playing COD. There are enough other first person shooters that I could survive on. If Borderlands had a decent multiplayer, I'd never leave the house.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #18
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
Would this apply to Console users too? Because that would be BS to have to pay for XboxLIVE and a Game subscription as well. This isn't a damn MMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
If this monthly fee came to Xbox, I'd stop playing COD. There are enough other first person shooters that I could survive on. If Borderlands had a decent multiplayer, I'd never leave the house.

I don't think Activision will discriminate, when it comes to taking money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG' View Post
no way in hell would i pay a monthly fee for a FPS, UNLESS, they offer great customer service, have some sort of anti-cheating software like punkbuster, have MUCH MUCH larger maps with large groups of people, like 126vs126. and host being able to modify game rules (IE. no grenade launchers, perks, etc.) the noob tubes have ruined the game for me, and i no longer even play COD, and even then I would be very suspect on paying a subscription to some greedy ass gaming company.
I agree! They have made BILLIONS off of COD (no exaggeration - google it) and still want to bleed some more out of the gamer!
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:24 PM   #19
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
They won't charge for PS3 owners, there is no way. PS3 owners do not have to pay for subscription for online play unlike Xbox owners. It won't happen...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:35 PM   #20
Jay_LHD3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
They won't charge for PS3 owners, there is no way. PS3 owners do not have to pay for subscription for online play unlike Xbox owners. It won't happen...
Has nothing to do with XboxLive or PlaystationPlus (if you pay for that service). It would be like what Final Fantasy does with their online fee (which includes PS3)!

Last edited by Jay_LHD3; 09-22-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:16 PM   #21
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
Shoot they cant even stop the mad hackers in the game. Why would I pay to have some hacker come in to wipe everybody out, rack up points then leave. With no recourse happening to him.

If they can say every glitch, hack, illegal mod will not get by and it be smooth even game play. Then maybe otherwise hell no.
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #22
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaber99 View Post
Has nothing to do with XboxLive or PlaystationPlus (if you pay for that service). It would be like what Final Fantasy does with their online fee (which includes PS3)!

Didn't know FF had a online fee, news to me. I take it its the newest FF installment right?
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #23
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsls3 View Post
Shoot they cant even stop the mad hackers in the game. Why would I pay to have some hacker come in to wipe everybody out, rack up points then leave. With no recourse happening to him.

If they can say every glitch, hack, illegal mod will not get by and it be smooth even game play. Then maybe otherwise hell no.
I still wouldn't pay. It's their responsibility to keep the game going smoothly. Look at Halo 3, it's still a popular game even though Reach and MW2 are out. Reason? The degree of BS that goes on in Halo 3 is minimal thanks to Bungie actively maintaining the game after launch. You see people quitting MW2 every day because they're sick of all the crap that goes on.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #24
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
Didn't know FF had a online fee, news to me. I take it its the newest FF installment right?
FF 11 and FF 14 are MMO's. They are not your typical FF games of the past.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #25
BlackIce1066
Black Ice

Drives: 2SS/RS Black w/ silver ice stripes
I think if Activision starts a subscription service for CoD, I will stop playing it. Yeah, it is a good story line and fun to play but when they came out with the first map pack, you were forced to buy it because the multi player wouldn't allow you to log on. To me thats kind of holding all who bought it as hostages.

Also, I think with this CoD, the fact that any idiot with a hack can come in and dominate a game and nothing really can be done about it is BS!.Plus dealing with substandard connections, lag spikes, long waiting time to log into a game. No, I think its time I moved on. Besides, GT5 is coming out in November and my time will be spent with that.

Activision, I think your going to be loosing alot of customers.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #26
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
its a good game but there are other good games. people will play those instead.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #27
Jay_LHD3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiacfanatic66 View Post
I think if Activision starts a subscription service for CoD, I will stop playing it. Yeah, it is a good story line and fun to play but when they came out with the first map pack, you were forced to buy it because the multi player wouldn't allow you to log on. To me thats kind of holding all who bought it as hostages.

Also, I think with this CoD, the fact that any idiot with a hack can come in and dominate a game and nothing really can be done about it is BS!.Plus dealing with substandard connections, lag spikes, long waiting time to log into a game. No, I think its time I moved on. Besides, GT5 is coming out in November and my time will be spent with that.

Activision, I think your going to be loosing alot of customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
its a good game but there are other good games. people will play those instead.
What I'm afraid will happen is the other companies will follow suit. :(

Btw,

They are not going to try and sell anything extra with this fee. Their point is that one should pay for the entertainment value, such as paying $8 to watch a 2 hour movie. Their point is that you are getting hundreds of hours of entertainment from playing online and you should pay them for this fun entertaining experience. They will argue that one gets a unique experience each time one goes online to play.

I don't agree with this but, I have a bad feeling this is where online gaming is heading...

Old 09-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #28
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
F*ck that!