Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-26-2020, 07:50 PM   #43
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Congratulations Randy!! Glad to hear you are getting a ZL1! You won’t regret it! Riverside blue will be a good looking color and I agree with you about no sunroof. Post pics after you get it home next week and you will have a memorable trip driving back home!��
Old 02-26-2020, 08:06 PM   #44
VegasZ

Drives: 2020 ZL1
Congratulations! Don’t forget to break it in on the drive home since it’s a long one seems like 50-100 miles is the preferred mileage to do it based on what I have read here.

We took an overnight trip to the beach in California from Vegas when I bought mine so we had a similar deal and had a great trip!

The nav is actually really nice and I use it all the time. If it wouldn’t of been on the car I was buying I wouldn’t of got it but now that I have it I’m glad I do.

Your gonna love it, they are just beasts of a car.
VegasZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 08:58 PM   #45
Nucdancer01

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
Who was the dealer?

Sorry, just saw this.

Serra Chevy, Buick, GMC. Nashville, TN.

Actually, maybe Madison, TN. Really close to Nashville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nucdancer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:44 AM   #46
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
It appears I found the exact car I wanted, 2020, blue, A10, NAV, and PDR and NO sunroof. It also has the battery protection package and the carbon fiber hood insert which I could live with or without. Took about 5 days to negotiate a deal we both agreed to. Its a days drive and an overnight stay or two to drive to it and back home. Planning on picking it up on Monday as that is end of the current rebates. GM also sent me a "coupon" good for another $1,000 off if I use my GM credit card points and it also expires on Monday. I wont jinx the deal so will not post the price I paid until after the car is in my driveway which will probably be next Tuesday.
I'll have a few questions as I plan on adding some PPF soon.
Appreciate all the advice I have received so far. My C8 is officially canceled.
Awesome!
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 10:43 AM   #47
Bigdave18629

Drives: 2016 White 2SS Vert A8 Maggie S/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
I got my ZLE A10 for 18% off, but had to buy in Colorado and delivered to Houston. Honestly, the car is so unbelievable, I think I'd still feel like I came out ahead even paying MSRP.
Was that on a 19 or 20?

My deal fell through so back in the hunt and dealers around me are less than 5% off MSRP in any flavor.
Bigdave18629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:25 PM   #48
ZRacerLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdave18629 View Post
Was that on a 19 or 20?

My deal fell through so back in the hunt and dealers around me are less than 5% off MSRP in any flavor.
19 at the end of December
Old 02-28-2020, 08:42 PM   #49
VegasZ

Quote:
Was that on a 19 or 20?

The deal of a lifetime might only be a month or two away if the coronavirus keeps spreading at the rate it currently is. Most companies are estimating zero growth this year already and the Dow is down around 10% for the week. Soon dealerships might be begging on the corners for sales.

Gl with your search but I wouldn’t be in a hurry with what’s going on right now.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:01 PM   #50
Snowwolfe

Drives: CTV5 V Blackwing on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasZ View Post
The deal of a lifetime might only be a month or two away if the coronavirus keeps spreading at the rate it currently is. Most companies are estimating zero growth this year already and the Dow is down around 10% for the week. Soon dealerships might be begging on the corners for sales.

Gl with your search but I wouldn’t be in a hurry with what’s going on right now.
Could easily be true. But another possibility are parts shortages which lead to less vehicles built and delivered. This could force a dealers hand so they charge more than they normally do so they can recoup their profits on fewer vehicles.

Myself, if you find the exact car you want at a decent price and the dealer doesn't jerk you around, buy it. You could die tomorrow so enjoy the time you have left.
Snowwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 11:57 PM   #51
VegasZ

Quote:
Could easily be true. But another possibility are parts shortages which lead to less vehicles built and delivered. This could force a dealers hand so they charge more than they normally do so they can recoup their profits on fewer vehicles.

Myself, if you find the exact car you want at a decent price and the dealer doesn't jerk you around, buy it. You could die tomorrow so enjoy the time you have left.
Work is the last thing people will skip out on doing for long periods of time especially if the economy is tanking and jobs are on the line anyway. Making big purchases especially on a car that is basically a toy on the other hand are much more likely to be put on hold in times of big uncertainty or a recession. If it gets bad enough people can’t go to work I guarantee there will be good deals to be had on all kinds of things that aren’t necessities.

The DOW got a bit of support today because it hit the first Fibonacci retrace target. The bounce was actually pretty small for hitting a fib target but traders don’t like to open long positions on a Friday like this with who knows how much more bad news could come out over the weekend.

These corrections almost always move in a 1-2-3 wave pattern where in this case 1 would be the down move from the high, 2 will be a bounce back up, 3 is the real pain and is almost always bigger than the 1 wave was so I expect more pain to come.

Anyway I’m getting a bit off topic for a car forum but the point is all this uncertainty adds up to good buying opportunities for people that are still willing to spend money when most aren’t on all kinds of commodities not just stocks.

* Not a financial advisor just in to technical analysis and trading, this is not investment advice yada yada
Old 03-01-2020, 05:25 AM   #52
ZRacerLE

Quote:

Agreed snow
Old 03-02-2020, 08:57 AM   #53
Bigdave18629

Drives: 2016 White 2SS Vert A8 Maggie S/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
19 at the end of December
Thanks, even the 19's I am still seeing on the lot aren't quite the deal you made, you did really well.

Looks like going on hold right now works for me anyway, not only has the investment account dropped to the point it causes pain, my daughter announced last night that she is filing for divorce so I probably have some discretionary cash flowing to help her through it.

I'll be back when the timing is right!
Bigdave18629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 09:27 AM   #54
ZRacerLE

Quote:
Thanks, even the 19's I am still seeing on the lot aren't quite the deal you made, you did really well.

Looks like going on hold right now works for me anyway, not only has the investment account dropped to the point it causes pain, my daughter announced last night that she is filing for divorce so I probably have some discretionary cash flowing to help her through it.

I'll be back when the timing is right!
Ouch. Well pulling for you to get through all that life stuff... and you will.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:16 PM   #55
Snowwolfe

Drives: CTV5 V Blackwing on order
Picking up the car went easy enough. 550 mile drive back home was uneventful and safe. Light to medium rain at times so just lightened my gas petal pressure until the roads were dry again. On dry roads traffic was running 80 so I kept up. The terrain in Indiana and Illinois is pretty flat so am sure this helped the fuel economy. Was surprised I averaged 22-23 for the drive back home.
I am no longer a poser and can officially call this forum home.
Snowwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 10:41 PM   #56
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I knew you would get adjusted to the power of the LT4, Randy! Post a few pics!