Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-31-2015, 09:23 PM   #1
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
NFL MVP Award for 2014 - BALONEY

Look, I guess it's going to be QB from here until the Universe contracts.

To me NO WAY can you tell me JJ Watt was not the NFL MVP this year, there is really no way you can tell me a story that makes sense.

Not dogging Rodgers, just an unreal QB with talent and focus but come on!!!

JJ Watt was the most dominant man in the NFL by far this year.

I don't think you can argue it. Watch the film and any NFL mic'd up segments of his games.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:09 PM   #2
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Agreed......

Should have been Lynch for the Hawks

Last edited by Tenring; 02-01-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 04:53 AM   #3
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
I'd pick Gronk over JJ. MVP basically means without that one player, the team collapses. He makes everyone around him that much better. If you look at the Pats offensive stats without Gronk, theyre terrible, with a healthy Gronk, Superbowl Champs.

I just don't see JJ having that much of an impact on the Texans. So he scored some TD's, remember Vrable for the Pats a few years back? He scored a lot of TDs being used the same way, and was high up on the list of tackles/sacks/ect, no one ever thought of him as an MVP candidate.
Don't get me wrong Watt is a beast and I like the guy and he had a amazing season. But I think the reason people were really convinced that he should be an MVP candidate was because he really made himself a TV icon for the NFL. Its like Pop music, that stuff sucks but its shoved in your face so much people actually think theyre supposed to like it.

Just my 2 cents. and yes I am biased toward Gronk cuz Im a Pats fan.

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:45 AM   #4
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
I can never figure out where I am on this argument. The Quarterback is the most important person on any team. If you don't have at least a very good QB you go no where in this league. Would you trade JJ Watt for Arron Rodgers I know I would all day everyday. I think with the rules the way they are QB is always MVP. Should the QB's be removed from MVP voting, I dont think so. So yeah until they either change the rules of the game to make it less pass happy QB centric or change the Award to remove QBs from voting I see 5% chance of a player other then QB winning. But like the film industry not to worry the keep coming up with more and more awards to give out to celibrate them self's so JJ watt gets best defensive player, Gronk gets best comeback player, Brady get Superbowl MVP, Rodgers Gets Regular season MVP, WEEK 9 defensive player of the week?, September Offensive player of the month, Best Rookie, Best Drama oh nope that's tv wait football is just a tv show know.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:18 AM   #5
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
With the Texans QB situation maybe he should play both ways

DE is not a position that will win MVP any time soon.

The Texans should have traded down in last years draft and got Bridgewater or took Bortles.

Your stuck with a lazy bust in Clowney and this years draft sucks for QB's.

BTW I know what its like to see your team and players robbed of an award.

Kiko Alonzo deserved DROY in 2013.

159 tackles 2 sacks 4 ints and 4 pass defensed

The winner Sheldon Richardson 77 tackles 3.5 sacks.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote