Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-07-2018, 12:35 PM   #295
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackisback View Post
A+ comeback. Right on par for what I would expect from you.

Did you want to talk about cars or push your elitism?
What elitism? I don't own a Camaro. Sorry. I'm just a pauper. Can't afford supercars.

You never did answer the question though.

Oh and by talk cars did you want to talk about how all cars but the Camaro are complete and utter shit, or did you want to actually have an adult conversation?
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:04 PM   #296
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
how bout this one?
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...take-road-test

no boat pulling? emphasis on track duty?

I can produce plenty of other examples. some motors dont need modification to perform well in a truck. the LS7 would make a poor truck motor compared to the LT1.
Welcome back 2005. So you can produce plenty of other examples yet you had to dig all the way back 13 years ago?

To answer your question that you're stretching soo hard to reach, this wasn't a truck engine thrown into a Viper. This was a Viper (supercar) engine that was thrown into a truck. That is a huge difference than calling a LT1 a truck engine. That V10 had been in the Vipers since early 90s. And it had been updated over the years. Then they took that engine and placed it into a truck. Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabush View Post
He is just a complete GM/camaro fanboy

As a French guy, from the outside it is really funny to see this brand talibanism on both sides I mean
And again, even if he is a fanboy, what is wrong with that? Please, give me one legitimate reason why that is a bad thing. Since you guys like to throw that around. What is wrong about a Camaro fanboy being on a forum dedicated to Camaro? Or are you just talking out your ass and trying to insult someone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
100% wrong here. Camaro owners were complaining that the 350R had an unfair advantage with its carbon fiber wheels. Tires have been a complaint on comparisons with every matchup that comes out.

I guarantee if the PP2 keeps up or beats the 1LE, owners here are going to pull the tire card like gangbusters.
Where did we make these complaints? Link please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
So is it a Crustang, Rustang, or a Mustang? It's so hard to have a constructive conversation with someone who has an intellectual disability.

My favorite part about the 5.0 (feminine engine?) vs LT1 (truck engine?) vs 392 (boat engine?) is at least it doesn't have AFM/DoD/MDS or whatever the manufacturer wants to call it.
Yea Ford just detunes the shit out of them, kills the throttle percentage, and then you have to option the hell out of it to get the one that does their claimed 0-60 in under 4 seconds. And still end up with a mid 12 sec car on crappy tires that can't handle.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:17 PM   #297
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
Keeps up for how long? 1 lap? Maybe 2 in December because it has no cooling? A car designed in secret during off duty time beating a 1LE is laughable. If you think 305 Cup 2s a 26 pounds of downforce spoiler and "police" brakes is all the GT needs to keep up with the 1LE then you guys are drunk off unicorn piss.
You make a very strong argument for the 1LE. I do believe you nailed it. 1LE with elsd, cooling and Nürburgring tuning vs off hour work

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:18 PM   #298
SociallyAwk

Drives: '17 SS 1LE
Let's all group hug and kumbaya.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:21 PM   #299
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
I guess I don't understand the point of bitching back and forth over a car. We all have our own money and can choose what we please. Luckily, we live in a time where Chevy and Ford are making awesome cars. Also, just because Motortrend says something, doesn't really mean it's objectively true.

I will freely admit that I am a big fan of what both of these companies are doing. The competition is great.
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2018, 01:46 PM   #300
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Welcome back 2005. So you can produce plenty of other examples yet you had to dig all the way back 13 years ago?

To answer your question that you're stretching soo hard to reach, this wasn't a truck engine thrown into a Viper. This was a Viper (supercar) engine that was thrown into a truck. That is a huge difference than calling a LT1 a truck engine.
so trucks didnt benefit from specific engine parameters all the way back in 2006?

they put the Viper and now Hellcat/6.4L engines unchanged in trucks/Large SUV's because they deliver power in a way that meets the demands of those vehicles.

I chose the SRT-10 because its the most black and white example. Truck engine requirements have remained basically unchanged since their inception.

I never called the LT1 a truck engine and it is not. the L86 is the truck version of the LT1
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #301
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
so trucks didnt benefit from specific engine parameters all the way back in 2006?

they put the Viper and now Hellcat/6.4L engines unchanged in trucks/Large SUV's because they deliver power in a way that meets the demands of those vehicles.

I chose the SRT-10 because its the most black and white example. Truck engine requirements have remained basically unchanged since their inception.

I never called the LT1 a truck engine and it is not. the L86 is the truck version of the LT1
Wait, wutt? They put the Viper and Hellcat engines into trucks because they wanted to make trucks with muscle car performance.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 02:11 PM   #302
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:

You're pointing to these trucks/SUVs that have received engines that were originally built for cars. So no, your examples are completely the opposite of what you're trying to say. Truck engines are built to different specs and with different parameters than Muscle Car engines. These are NOT truck engines. They are Muscle car engines that were put into trucks and were built specifically for performance. Hellcat engine, put into a SUV designed for luxury and performance (not even a truck BTW). Hemi 6.4, put into a SRT Grand Cherokee designed for performance (still not a truck). Viper V10, supercar engine that was put into a truck. So your examples are way off.
Quote:
Then why the hell are you even debating this? My statement was in direct to someone saying the LT1 engine was like a truck engine. All your examples are off and you're clearly saying they have nothing in common which means you agree with me. So if anything you should be saying this to troll boy Zeke below. He clearly has no idea WTF he's talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke.Malvo View Post
The LT1 seems to have more of a truck type quality than what would be expected in a sports car (Corvette).
Quote:
There's no shame in how the LT1 makes it's power
Quote:
Everything I said was true, that is not some veiled personal attack of some sort.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:18 PM   #303
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
I guess I don't understand the point of bitching back and forth over a car. We all have our own money and can choose what we please. Luckily, we live in a time where Chevy and Ford are making awesome cars. Also, just because Motortrend says something, doesn't really mean it's objectively true.

I will freely admit that I am a big fan of what both of these companies are doing. The competition is great.
That is an awesome combination of cars. Would love to read a owners comparison between the two! Not a magazine or internet benchracer opinion.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:49 PM   #304
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
You're pointing to these trucks/SUVs that have received engines that were originally built for cars. So no, your examples are completely the opposite of what you're trying to say. Truck engines are built to different specs and with different parameters than Muscle Car engines. These are NOT truck engines. They are Muscle car engines that were put into trucks and were built specifically for performance. Hellcat engine, put into a SUV designed for luxury and performance (not even a truck BTW). Hemi 6.4, put into a SRT Grand Cherokee designed for performance (still not a truck). Viper V10, supercar engine that was put into a truck. So your examples are way off.
those engines were put into trucks because they are low rpm engines that produce broad torque curves. being a muscle car engine is irrelevant.

the LT1 delivers power in a way that better suits a truck than the coyote for example. doesnt make it a truck engine but if you had to pick between the two the LT1 is the clear choice.

theres no such thing as a truck or muscle car engine.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:13 PM   #305
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
those engines were put into trucks because they are low rpm engines that produce broad torque curves. being a muscle car engine is irrelevant.

the LT1 delivers power in a way that better suits a truck than the coyote for example. doesnt make it a truck engine but if you had to pick between the two the LT1 is the clear choice.

I have never heard such nonsense in my entire life. You sound like you're trying to talk around your previous statement in an ill-fated attempt to save face. Those engines were put into trucks and SUVs because the vehicles were built for street performance. If the vehicles were built for towing and other heavy duty truck stuff then they would have built or re-worked the engine to suit those purposes. And it isn't about which engine is better suited for a truck. Neither of those engines are truck engines no matter how you try to spin it. Zeke talked out his ass when he made that statement. And your stretching everything you can to back him up just puts you right in the same boat as him.

For the record, Coyote engine in the Mustang...car engine. Coyote engine in the F150...truck engine. Completely different engines. Could I take a F150 Coyote and sell it as a Mustang Coyote engine? Or is it a truck engine? If someone asked me if it was a truck Coyote engine should I say "no"? Guess what. The F150 Coyote has a different cam, different tune, different exhaust manifolds, different oil cooling system, different front cover, is tuned for towing, etc. Why? Because it is a truck engine and is in a truck designed for towing. The SRT10 truck and Trackhawk are NOT designed for towing and those engines were in a Supercar and Muscle Car before they were put into vehicles designed for street performance. What do you find soo confusing about that?
Old 01-07-2018, 06:55 PM   #306
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
That is an awesome combination of cars. Would love to read a owners comparison between the two! Not a magazine or internet benchracer opinion.
I can give ya one
Old 01-07-2018, 07:06 PM   #307
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
I can give ya one
I would love to read it! Maybe shoot a PM or do you have a thread here?
Old 01-08-2018, 12:40 AM   #308
Razzaa

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

LOL what?
Razzaa is offline   Reply With Quote