Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 09-18-2023, 11:18 AM   #1
CCutaia1

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Just got New 2024 Camaro, Very Poor Workmanship!!!

Well, we got our new Camaro 3LT convertible. The fit and finish of the car is very poor at best. After seeing the current UAW workmanship, they not only don't deserve a raise, they deserve a pay cut!!! The hood and convertible top trunk cover have huge mismatch gaps. Very little if any attention was paid to making sure parts fit properly. The leather seats are wrinkled, and the knee pad on the driver-side console was forced on, and distorted. After owning a Honda and comparing it to our three American-made vehicles I am done buying American cars. 2 out of the three are subpar. Our 2012 Camaro SS is the only one that has a good fit and finish to it.
CCutaia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 11:40 AM   #2
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCutaia1 View Post
Well, we got our new Camaro 3LT convertible. The fit and finish of the car is very poor at best. After seeing the current UAW workmanship, they not only don't deserve a raise, they deserve a pay cut!!! The hood and convertible top trunk cover have huge mismatch gaps. Very little if any attention was paid to making sure parts fit properly. The leather seats are wrinkled, and the knee pad on the driver-side console was forced on, and distorted. After owning a Honda and comparing it to our three American-made vehicles I am done buying American cars. 2 out of the three are subpar. Our 2012 Camaro SS is the only one that has a good fit and finish to it.
Sounds to me like your in person inspection before taking delivery of the vehicle also sounds like that....thanks for stopping by?
Old 09-18-2023, 11:45 AM   #3
22SS1LE

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
Sounds to me like your in person inspection before taking delivery of the vehicle also sounds like that....thanks for stopping by?
sounds like someone is butt hurt someone put down GM quality
8/24. IT HAS ARRIVED at the dealer
8/25- It is in the Garage
ACS ZL1 Sideskirts, 20% tint, CAI Intake
22SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 12:08 PM   #4
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Quote:
Go back to the dealership and complain to them.

And by the way, most Honda's sold in the US are made in the US but by non-UAW workers. That's the difference.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 12:31 PM   #5
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Quote:
Well, we got our new Camaro 3LT convertible. The fit and finish of the car is very poor at best. After seeing the current UAW workmanship, they not only don't deserve a raise, they deserve a pay cut!!! The hood and convertible top trunk cover have huge mismatch gaps. Very little if any attention was paid to making sure parts fit properly before I took delivery. The leather seats are wrinkled, and the knee pad on the driver-side console was forced on, and distorted. After owning a Honda and comparing it to our three American-made vehicles I am done buying American cars. 2 out of the three are subpar. Our 2012 Camaro SS is the only one that has a good fit and finish to it.
fixed it for ya
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 12:46 PM   #6
CCutaia1

You got that right!!!!!
Old 09-18-2023, 12:49 PM   #7
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
fixed it for ya
To be fair, we no longer live in a time where we can refuse delivery and order another one. I noticed a very minor issue on my 23 2ss 1le (paint drip at the edge of a panel) but I wasn’t about to refuse delivery of it because there was almost a zero % chance I could find another one. Only thing that would have made me refuse delivery was if there were too many flaws or if they damaged the fender and rocker when putting it on a lift. Thankfully that wasn’t the case.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 12:50 PM   #8
Big Lou 1le

Drives: 2023 1le
Maybe the workers had the strike on their mind rather working on your car.
Big Lou 1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 12:52 PM   #9
Big Lou 1le

Drives: 2023 1le
Should not have taken delivery of the car.
Quote:
Big Lou 1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 12:55 PM   #10
Junction65

Drives: 2011 GMC Sierra 1500
Quote:
Could you post some pics of all these issues?
Current mileage: 310
Junction65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 01:08 PM   #11
zedts1986

Drives: 2024 2SS 6MT
Yeah...going to need some pictures here. Between what you complain about here and then the Bose system and reverse lights in other posts, if what you say is correct you should be able to go back to the dealer with this car.

Old & Sold: 2019 Camaro 1LT M6, RaceChip GTS, RaceChip XLR, ZZP Catted downpipe, JacFab Boost-o-lator, K&N drop-in air filter, ZZP Intake Tube, PTP turbo blanket, NGK 6510s gapped at 0.022"

Motorcycle enthusiast
zedts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 01:14 PM   #12
CCutaia1

We placed our 1st order for a 23 in Feb of this year, not about to wait another 6 months. Besides I don't expect the UAW all of a sudden to find a quality-minded attitude in the future, if anything it only gets worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou 1le View Post
Should not have taken delivery of the car.
Old 09-18-2023, 01:16 PM   #13
CCutaia1

It is at the dealer right now, I will get you pictures so you know what to look forward to!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedts1986 View Post
Yeah...going to need some pictures here. Between what you complain about here and then the Bose system and reverse lights in other posts, if what you say is correct you should be able to go back to the dealer with this car.
Old 09-18-2023, 01:21 PM   #14
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
That sucks. My '18 is pretty good, but I can see the current situation being an issue for QC. I do think many of the auto workers deserve better pay but if you're going to work, you should take some pride and do it right.