Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 09-24-2022, 03:45 PM   #15
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
I think the thing missing from this conversation is tire temperature. Most of these tires require ~175F or so to get really sticky and grip.

Goodyear F1 SC3s are super sticky at these temps. So are Cup 2s. But drop down to below a 80F and you won’t be happy with either.
I strongly agree...was going to post this but you beat me to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Honestly my PS4S put power down better and certainly more consistently with the exception of fairly new and ideally warm RT660s.
Agreed. I don't think 200TW tires will be in the ideal temperature window for max grip for street use that the OP mentioned. They are probably a waste of money for that purpose compared to PS4S. For drag racing, consider getting a second set of rear wheels with tires reserved for use at the drag strip, ideally 17" so you get more sidewall. Also OP didn't mention which Camaro they are driving (profile seems to be outdated). There's a big horsepower difference between the range of engine options and the ideal tire might vary accordingly. From personal experience, I would not recommend Goodyear Supercar 3 (220 TW) tires for drag racing. I was having issues with wheelspin in 1st gear even after 5 second burnouts but they do great for their intended purpose of road course use because that allows them to get into their optimal temperature window.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote