Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 08-05-2020, 08:12 PM   #71
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargoes View Post
There really isn't a test. At my last employer (a manufacturer) all the departments had an assembly jig, similar to what was on the production line, that held all the suspension links at 1G for torquing before instillation. I'm not sure if Chevy service departments have a similar set up. If not, it can be approximated by using a screw jack at the knuckle(not suspension links) to compress the suspension until the axle shaft is horizontal. Then torque the links. Depending on which way you are trying to take up slack, this procedure could make it more difficult or easier.

As for the tech having done it because it is called out for in the service manual, One would hope they would do it. But it's not something I'd expect the average Tech to do because they usually don't care and it cost time.
Understood and thanks for the details. The problem (for me) is that they fixed what i claimed to be a warranty issue and delivered great results (on paper).

No idea how they did it and whether they followed proper procedures, or not. So, i think i will have to live with the results, have my mechanic monitor for any issues and then action them accordingly (as in going back to the dealer if necessary for another warranty job).

At this stage, it is what it is. I hope to complete the break in, some fluid changes and getting on the track late next week. Fingers crossed...

Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 09:11 AM   #72
Canyonero

Drives: F-Series Canyonero
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Understood and thanks for the details. The problem (for me) is that they fixed what i claimed to be a warranty issue and delivered great results (on paper).

No idea how they did it and whether they followed proper procedures, or not. So, i think i will have to live with the results, have my mechanic monitor for any issues and then action them accordingly (as in going back to the dealer if necessary for another warranty job).

At this stage, it is what it is. I hope to complete the break in, some fluid changes and getting on the track late next week. Fingers crossed...

Cheers!
Hi TrackClub, can you share what dealer performed the fix for you?

I have a similar issue and can only get -1.2 degrees in the rear. It seems too far off to be just production tolerances but maybe there is enough slop in the top, that a loosening and retightening will get me closer.
Canyonero is offline   Reply With Quote