KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Its in the works.
Nice.

When you get your's let me know.

I may just have to visit the lake to check it out.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:19 PM   #16
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

I would already be on the list if I was going to do this. The A10 is just too sweet to pass up and I'm glad the announcement came out before I laid down the cash for this thing. Now it's my decision alone and no regrets. Those 19" wheels are a must and I can see adding the DSSV down the road as well.
The 325/30/19 is of lesser circumference than the 305/30/20. I'm not sure how that's going to throw off speedo and lower the car too.

I switched from 305/30/19 to 325/30/19s all around on my Z/28. Not a big deal on 19s to 19s. 19s to 20 is a different story.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:21 PM   #17
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
The 325/30/19 is of lesser circumference than the 305/30/20. I'm not sure how that's going to throw off speedo and lower the car too.

I switched from 305/30/19 to 325/30/19s all around on my Z/28. Not a big deal on 19s to 19s. 19s to 20 is a different story.
It's a .5 difference. should be no biggie. Can tweak the tune as well.

Now my 305/45-18" DRs might be a different story. They are 1.6 taller but only used on the track.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:03 PM   #18
URBAN LEGEND

Quote:
It's a .5 difference. should be no biggie. Can tweak the tune as well.
I just looked. Looks like the speedo is almost the same.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:12 PM   #19
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
The problem will be getting the wheels to actually fit. DSSV is much slimmer than Mag Ride. Could be a huge issue.

I started to order some Forgelines in 19 a couple months ago in hopes they would be ready soon after I get the car.
Might re-visit that now, but want to know how wide I can go.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:35 PM   #20
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
The gears in my brain are spinning rapidly...and the more I look at this thing..........
Old 02-26-2017, 12:01 AM   #21
mr965

Drives: ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
The gears in my brain are spinning rapidly...and the more I look at this thing..........
Ditto
mr965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:38 AM   #22
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
The speedometer, and more importantly the odometer will be off by 4%. So for every 100 miles, your car will show 104 miles.

Like mlee said though, the problem will be the fitment in the front.

EDIT: I used the revolutions-per-mile from the ZL1 tune for the 305/30/20 (748.34) and the revolutions-per-mile published for Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in 325/30/19 (778) to arrive at this 4% estimate. However, it appears that the number in the tune is a little low. If you use theoretical dimensions, it's around 2% difference.

Last edited by travislambert; 03-01-2017 at 06:22 PM.
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:16 PM   #23
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
The problem will be getting the wheels to actually fit. DSSV is much slimmer than Mag Ride. Could be a huge issue.

I started to order some Forgelines in 19 a couple months ago in hopes they would be ready soon after I get the car.
Might re-visit that now, but want to know how wide I can go.

I would wait until you get some real measurements from the front and rear suspension set-ups from a ZL1 and a 1LE/ZL1 when it shows up.
You will know exactly what you can order.
DSSV is exactly why they got a 11" up front. You could do a 10.5 with coilovers.

One thing I notice is people want to huge rubber but don't want it to stick out. Well....I would think performance over style myself.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:22 PM   #24
URBAN LEGEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
I would wait until you get some real measurements from the front and rear suspension set-ups from a ZL1 and a 1LE/ZL1 when it shows up.
You will know exactly what you can order.
DSSV is exactly why they got a 11" up front. You could do a 10.5 with coilovers.

One thing I notice is people want to huge rubber but don't want it to stick out. Well....I would think performance over style myself.
We need to see the offsets and wheel width. I run 325 upfront on my Z/28 with zero clearance issues. But we are talking about a different car here.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:46 PM   #25
ELS1

Drives: N/A
I haven't placed an order since I'm waiting for the 18's. I was already having a hard time deciding which color to get, but now this opens up more options and I'm back to square one (first world problem). It's going to be a daily driver for the most part, lots of drag strip visits, and I want to get into road courses (plan on taking classes somewhere first). Now, the only thing that I am concerned about is the lack of MRC; that was one feature I was looking forward to having, but the other 1LE features I want...decisions decisions...
Old 02-26-2017, 03:21 PM   #26
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
today at 730 AM i get a message from the best dealer out there IMO and she wants to know if we want to change our order for the ZL1 1LE, (2 week ago we ordered a ZL1 in green with the A10) we know the green is not out at this time, today she asked if we want the new car, so how many are thinking of getting this car.
You can't get the ZL1 1LE in Green can u ? I wanted to order the exact same car u ordered A10 green , but I think I'm going for 1LE. But we lose the option of getting the green correct ?
Thanks
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 03:24 PM   #27
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
I mirror all of those who say the rear spoiler is over-the-top. But overall I love the car what I'm going to do is order a new trunk lid and put the duckbill spoiler on and keep all my factory parts put away. I was on the fence between the auto and the manual but this car is just too cool and if you're going to own the manual it may as will be this one. I'm hoping they might have some interesting colors for it. I'm going to pass on my 2017 A10 krypton green and go for this
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 03:37 PM   #28
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Uh Oooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr965 View Post
Ditto
Ditto Uh Oooooo

Quote:
We need to see the offsets and wheel width. I run 325 upfront on my Z/28 with zero clearance issues. But we are talking about a different car here.
But you also have DSSV. My old ZL1 had minor clearance issues on the struts running 18's up front.

Pretty sure since these are OEM GM will inform us whether they work or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
I mirror all of those who say the rear spoiler is over-the-top. But overall I love the car what I'm going to do is order a new trunk lid and put the duckbill spoiler on and keep all my factory parts put away. I was on the fence between the auto and the manual but this car is just too cool and if you're going to own the manual it may as will be this one. I'm hoping they might have some interesting colors for it. I'm going to pass on my 2017 A10 krypton green and go for this
There will be a few in this situation. Opening some A10 slots to those who were sleeping early on.