Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 12-09-2023, 11:45 AM   #1
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
PPF & Ceramic Coat

Got my 2SS in June, dealer had already applied some form of pain protection. They said its a PPF but they wouldnt tell me when exactly it was applied and what the brand name PPF is.

If there actually is a PPF on it, can I still get it ceramic coated?
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 12:28 PM   #2
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
Got my 2SS in June, dealer had already applied some form of pain protection. They said its a PPF but they wouldnt tell me when exactly it was applied and what the brand name PPF is.

If there actually is a PPF on it, can I still get it ceramic coated?
Yes, you typically apply PPF first and then ceramic coat the entire car...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 05:29 PM   #3
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Unless they charged you $1,000 they did not put on PPF. They applied a spray on ceramic or some other BS paint sealant. They did it to my car and scratched the crap out of the paint and I had to do a full correction when I got it home. The only PPF from the factory is a small patch behind the doors which is totally useless. If they did put on PPF you should be able to find the edges. I had the front bumper, complete area behind doors and rockers, and behind the rear wheels wrapped around the edge of the bumper then I applied ceramic. If they can't show you where they put on PPF it wasn't done.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 11:44 PM   #4
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
Unless they charged you $1,000 they did not put on PPF. They applied a spray on ceramic or some other BS paint sealant. They did it to my car and scratched the crap out of the paint and I had to do a full correction when I got it home. The only PPF from the factory is a small patch behind the doors which is totally useless. If they did put on PPF you should be able to find the edges. I had the front bumper, complete area behind doors and rockers, and behind the rear wheels wrapped around the edge of the bumper then I applied ceramic. If they can't show you where they put on PPF it wasn't done.
Whats even crappier is alot of dealers are making this a mandatory add-on and adding $1k to the sales price of the vehicle for this mess. Its not real Ceramic Coating and you're paying $1k for something you can do in 15 minutes at home. There needs to be laws about these unnecessary dealer addons as a mandatory upcharge to the customer.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote