Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-15-2023, 08:33 PM   #71
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachguysc View Post
I’ve been contacting all sorts of dealers, vendors and suppliers to find these zl1 magride struts. I finally reached out to the manufacturer name on the actual shock, BWI group. The only way to contact was Facebook messenger and they actually had an informative back and forth with me. At first the said discontinued, good luck in your search. I told the, it was a shame that GM discontinuing these struts on such a nice car would eventually give magneride a bad rep, by association. And that I hoped the people buying any new GM magride cars realize their 70k+ investment today will be worthless in less than 10 years.. I then got this response back a few days later: (the last half of the response deals with questions I had asked about rebuilding):

“Hello, Mr. Xxx, we have been advised that GM is going to undo their
obsolescence of ZL1 service dampers but the timing for this is unknown. MagneRide dampers are not engineered to be rebuilt.
That said, it is well-known that there are companies out there that advertise this service. I will inquire as to the differences between coupe and convertible parts. My speculation is that the parts are identical from an external perspective and that the difference (s) are internal to the damper.
Those differences would likely be in the mechanical tuning of the piston gap and or the hydraulic bypass, and I would also guess that those differences are small. It would not be surprising to find that the electronic calibrations are also different from coupe to convertible as the structure of the vehicle is quite different between the two.”
Not sure where you are getting the information that they are discontinued, I just got additional rears from Summit racing before the last 150 buck price increase. I just checked GM parts now which is Grand Rapids and I buy a lot from them and they show available front and rear. BWI builds these for AC Delco, did you ever try calling them? They have the ability to look in All of GM parts system and can tell you which dealers or distribution has them.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 09:18 PM   #72
Beachguysc

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert - inferno orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
Not sure where you are getting the information that they are discontinued, I just got additional rears from Summit racing before the last 150 buck price increase. I just checked GM parts now which is Grand Rapids and I buy a lot from them and they show available front and rear. BWI builds these for AC Delco, did you ever try calling them? They have the ability to look in All of GM parts system and can tell you which dealers or distribution has them.
I checked with dozens of dealers and every one said they’re discontinued.. I even ordered from 3 different places that show them in stock. But they all called or emailed to say that was an inventory error. And refunded my money. I was hoping to find old stock somewhere. I just checked your Suggested site and they show as discontinued https://www.gmpartsnow.com/oem-parts...Y4LWdhcw%3D%3D
Beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 11:00 PM   #73
ZMEnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachguysc View Post
I checked with dozens of dealers and every one said they’re discontinued.. I even ordered from 3 different places that show them in stock. But they all called or emailed to say that was an inventory error. And refunded my money. I was hoping to find old stock somewhere. I just checked your Suggested site and they show as discontinued https://www.gmpartsnow.com/oem-parts...Y4LWdhcw%3D%3D
I had only checked for the rears, yep appears the fronts are gone sorry. Well I predicted this in another thread as I have been trying to get rear end parts and GM has pretty much abandoned this car on parts. Fortunately for me I saw this coming and bought several sets of fronts and rears, but other driveline parts are non existent also.
Old 03-16-2023, 12:17 AM   #74
Blownfogger540

Drives: 2013 ZL1 416
i have a couple sets off low mille cars under 10k
Blownfogger540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 04:42 AM   #75
LevonH
Chevy Enthusiast.

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1 Summit White
BWI GROUP

https://www.bwigroup.com/

Levon H. Bone Stock
LevonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 07:04 AM   #76
Beachguysc

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert - inferno orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownfogger540 View Post
i have a couple sets off low mille cars under 10k
Any convertible front struts? If so do you have a price?
Beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 10:52 AM   #77
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
You can do a Coilover kit and MagRide delete.
https://www.phastekperformance.com/P...ped-160086.htm
https://www.phastekperformance.com/a...6-401002-n.htm
Old 05-03-2023, 01:36 PM   #78
ZMEnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Phastek View Post

Most people here that have gone to Coilovers eventually took them off and went back to Mag if they were not tracking their cars. The problems is how do you dial-in in the specific Coilover since there are so many to choose from and be close to the Mag you are replacing as an everyday use. Pretty simple math if you just want to track or ride around like a GM DSSV on a Z28, go coilover.
Old 05-03-2023, 01:48 PM   #79
Tomtom87

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Following this thread closely. Hoping GM starts to reproduce magrides again..
Tomtom87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 10:50 AM   #80
Rob GTO

Drives: 2006 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtom87 View Post
Following this thread closely. Hoping GM starts to reproduce magrides again..
I asked dorman on youtube about having replacements (link below, look in the comments, maybe drop them a line so they can see we need them, if more people comment maybe atleast they will have a solution for our cars...as of now, we have to buy used second hand
Rob GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 08:36 AM   #81
sinisterZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Following , I need to replace mine and don't want to loose the mag ride and go coil overs.
sinisterZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 08:58 AM   #82
LevonH
Chevy Enthusiast.

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1 Summit White
Dorman Tech Support. Fill out the form.

https://www.dormanproducts.com/pages/forms/support.aspx

Levon H. Bone Stock
LevonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 01:15 PM   #83
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
I filled out the form also. Maybe if we all fill it out they will do something about it.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 10:07 PM   #84
Risingson05

Drives: 2015 zl1 m6
Did my part !
Attached Images