Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-23-2019, 09:52 AM   #351
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty1707 View Post
i think this car is just fine the way it is. I wonder how many are experiencing Placebo effect?
You don’t know until you try.
I went to a green filter and the TM TB at the same time. There is a difference especially with tip-in and throttle response across the range- and I own an A10.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:10 PM   #352
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt4zl1 View Post
Everyone needs to understand the onstar is logging engine parameters. It logs air flow changes to torque limit changes I have verified this. So say you blow a motor or trans and put it back stock you never tuned it never took it in for service with any aftermarket parts. When it goes in the ecm comes out to be verified for programming they can be sent off too. If they choose they can also go to the onstar data. Even the ecm is going to hold some info on airflow it holds alcohol percent used in a history so can see if put e15 or e85 in it and caused it to go lean all these little things get held in memory or are logged by onstar and this is even if don’t pay or use it. I’m sure all of you at some point see your onstar limited services messages that’s the warranty baby sitter service GM applied to 2016 and up.
If you want to keep your warranty and have zero worries do not touch the car. If they see even the slightest max torque pid change and stay high it’s going to flag you with onstar. Then if you do have an issue blow up any drivetrain part engine trans or rear end they can use that info to void your warranty. I have seen this posted on corvetteforum on a z06 that had bolt ons had a issue and denied warranty even though no tune ever.
Understand something when you use bolt ons and don’t retune for it these cars use maf flow for the transmission the way it knows how much pressure the clutches need to hold. These things can get screwy when a cold air is used or throttle body so on and while many are afraid to tune it’s the safer way to apply bolt ons and not affect the vehicle in a negative way. And if this part this throttle body or cold air or spacer what ever bolt on your buying and using if it doesn’t trigger a flag or change then it’s not doing anything so is it really worth spending money on it? You don’t like how something is stock then do it right or leave it alone and enjoy the warranty while you have it. Personally I tuned my zl1 at 1800 miles once I knew I didn’t have factory flaws to worry about. The way most dealerships are now I don’t even want any of those clowns touching my car.
I just went to work for a soon to be big company and all of you will know about it soon as it’s going to be that big. It’s a company that provides on line diagnostics with a proprietary scanner built in house. Techs like myself tired of turning wrenches now sit at a computer and a shop hooks our scanner to the car and we through the internet diagnose the vehicle for a shop mostly been collision shops as government is mandating a pre and post scan for anything in an accident as it’s a safety thing to make sure the yaw sensor lat/ long sensors steering rate air bags abs auto braking lane keep bla bla all work properly after a company repairs your vehicle. GM just signed on to our company to get all dealerships our equipment to do engine trans body control all diagnostics.
My point is that in shop techs are that stupid they no longer feel comfortable in letting the people they pay in house fix your car rather try to figure out what’s actually wrong with it.
So you really want these “kids” turning wrenches on the car you might roll down the track at 100 mph plus? Not me sorry. I don’t trust in any of their abilities as no kids want to work on cars anymore and those that do are doing it as think it’s going to pay better then flipping burgers is my guess.
So while the guy sitting at the computer might tel them “hey this is what you need to fix” but they still have to do the work and keep that in mind the next time your going back and forth to the local dealer 2-5 times for the same issues like loose sway bar links that’s become very popular on here.
Do that or put on your parts and tune it enjoy the car runs better then stock gets better mpg and of course it’s much faster. You still have all the otheir warranty available broken cup holder radio screws up so on just no powrtrain which you really don’t want theee clowns works on anyway.
Never mod your car and then put it back to stock and get angry when your warranty is denied, you ARE cheating the system. Everyone knows thats a risk. Warranty is 50/50 and is mostly about who has the better lawyer. However, the law (read Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act) states that a warranty cannot be denied unless the warranter can prove fault on the warranted. Data logging does not prove anything as it's entirely plausible that any number of defects can lead to the same reporting recorded by data loggers. So data logging is not going to be proof in court -- it is supporting evidence at best.

I have had the pleasure to meet many excellent techs at dealerships with great attention to detail and take the time to answer every one of my annoying OCD questions. Sure you can find bad examples in any profession but please don't generalize.

Congratulations on your soon to be big company.

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:46 PM   #353
Shawnqa800720

Drives: 2018 1SS
Great thread! Just finished reading from the beginning through the end.

Has anyone got an opinion on Pray's work vs. Mamo? I got a great deal on a Pray TB and IM, and planned on installing in a few weeks (after I reinstall my summer tires and can do a better direct comparison). This thread makes me feel like Mamo is the only way to go, but I am also a sucker for advertising - I thought Pray was the only way to go when reading threads about his gear . I am guessing that in reality the differences are too minimal to switch at this point, and there are likely synergies in using all Pray since I am switching both the TB and IM.

Does Tony also do IM porting?
2018 Red Hot 1SS, GM lowering kit & 1LE Sway bar kit, ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings, BMR sway bar end links, GM CAI w/tune, Pray ported IM, Mamo ported TB, VS Forged VS07 rims 20x11 & 20x10 w/ Michelin PS4S
Shawnqa800720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 01:25 AM   #354
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Drives: 2009 CTS-V, 2008 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnqa800720 View Post

Has anyone got an opinion on Pray's work vs. Mamo? I got a great deal on a Pray TB and IM, and planned on installing in a few weeks (after I reinstall my summer tires and can do a better direct comparison). This thread makes me feel like Mamo is the only way to go, but I am also a sucker for advertising - I thought Pray was the only way to go when reading threads about his gear . I am guessing that in reality the differences are too minimal to switch at this point, and there are likely synergies in using all Pray since I am switching both the TB and IM.

Google my name!!

I headed up the R&D Department at AFR and designed ALL the cylinder heads and intake manifolds for AFR (AirFlow Research) for 15 years before launching my own company the tail end of 2014 (Mamo Motorsports).

I specialize in the art of airflow and would like to have back half the time I have spent on the flowbench that I built from scratch in 1996 and still use to this day (in conjunction with a recently acquired SF600 SuperFlow).

Seriously....just Google my name if your unfamiliar with my accomplishments and achievements in this industry.

That said if you have any questions feel free to contact me directly

Cheers,
Tony
661-714-1317
www.mamomotorsports.com
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 12:14 PM   #355
ZL1Fan24

Drives: 2018 ZL1
My TM TB is finally getting installed on car this Friday. Can't wait!! Tony has been super helpful and responsive in the process. He answered every question I had before I ordered. When I placed my online order, the part shipped the same day. Can't ask for better service than that. Based on all that I have read on the forums, it sounds like this is an extremely reliable mod, that not only produces results, but is extremely reliable. Update to follow next week...
***2018 ZL1, CALLAWAY SC750, NFG, 6 Speed, Carbon Fiber Hood Insert, PDR, Carbon Fiber Dash, Tony Mamo V2 TB, Borla S-Type Cat Back Exhaust (Carbon Tips), Hurst Short Shifter, Eibach Performance Springs, IROC Blade Spoiler, GM Dark Lens Kit/Reflectors, Diode Dynamics Smoked LED Side Markers, Wildhammer Carbon Steering Wheel, CF Shift Knob, Titanium Lug Nuts***
ZL1Fan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 12:27 PM   #356
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnqa800720 View Post

I never met Mamo or Pray, but I do keep up all the racing jazz. You cant use Mamo and Pray in the same sentence!!!
Old 04-02-2019, 05:02 PM   #357
angryBits

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
I never met Mamo or Pray, but I do keep up all the racing jazz. You cant use Mamo and Pray in the same sentence!!!
You just did... TWICE!

Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
Old 04-02-2019, 10:56 PM   #358
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
I just emailed Tony, and he responded quickly with a link to pay as well.
Also offered his 30 day return if I'm not satisfied.
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!

It's late for me here in TX, so I'll be doing my purchase tomorrow morning.
He'll see it when he wakes up!

Looking forward to installing and test driving!
Old 04-03-2019, 10:52 AM   #359
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
You just did... TWICE!
dammit!!! you got me on that one or should I say two!
LOL
Old 04-03-2019, 12:19 PM   #360
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I have a Roto-Fab cai and a Katech ported TB and I did not need a tune for my setup. I plan to do a catback soon which is probably the only other mod that can be done without a tune. Anything else and yea you will need one.
You and me both! I was thinking of the Borla S-type(?) that removes the back cats as a last pre-tune mod. Better heat removal? Tuning torpedoes the ZL1's resale value so it's not for me right now. Only if I keep it long enough to go off warranty.

I am definitely no knocking the T.M. TB but I 1/4 track very often. Maybe too often. I am addicted. And I can say this, no measurable performance gain in the 1/4, ET or MPH. This is my third ported TB on three different Camaros and the track results have been the same each time.

The small Rotofab (Not Big Gulp) was worth a tenth without a tune.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:17 PM   #361
angryBits

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
dammit!!! you got me on that one or should I say two!
LOL
Gotcha!

Old 04-03-2019, 01:21 PM   #362
angryBits

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRKLL View Post
I just emailed Tony, and he responded quickly with a link to pay as well.
Also offered his 30 day return if I'm not satisfied.
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!

It's late for me here in TX, so I'll be doing my purchase tomorrow morning.
He'll see it when he wakes up!

Looking forward to installing and test driving!

Last edited by angryBits; 04-24-2019 at 10:39 PM.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:59 PM   #363
Zigg L1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Garnet Red Tintcoat A10
Anyone tried a ported 95mm TB on the zl1's lt4? Katech has one on the site for 399 plus adapter kit
Zigg L1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:59 AM   #364
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigg L1 View Post
Anyone tried a ported 95mm TB on the zl1's lt4? Katech has one on the site for 399 plus adapter kit
Does that include a port matched snout?